**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nerf Iron Man

YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
edited May 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I'm sorry Kabam, but this is just...too much. I've fought your new Iron Man, and he has way too much going for him. Passive Armor, fine. Autoblocking? Sure. AutoPARRY? Maybe a bit much...but near-infinite autoparry below 15% and relatively unpunishable specials are going too far.

I can tell you a few other things.

-His armor passives ignore Armor Shattered. I don't know if this is a bug, but it inherently feels wrong and I believe it should be fixed.
-The passive power gain is also rough, considering all but one or two champs can't even do anything to Iron Man while his armors are up below 15%.
-His medium being unparryable means we have almost no chances for heavies, the only thing that can beat autoblock, even when he's NOT stun immune
-Since his specials are unpunishable, Killmonger, the best user of True Strike, can't even activate it so he can beat the autoblock

All put together, you have a character that only has one real counter-Corvus Glaive. Every champ should be beatable by any other with a little effort, but you've put together one that really only has one character who can reliably beat it. I think he needs to be rethought.

Comments

• WaterElemental88WaterElemental88 Posts: 5
    I would suggest kabam making it so he can’t parry on his autoblock. At least make it so his power gain only processes with 3 armor ups
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I'm watching a single hit proc an armor below 15%, and then I have to stand back and watch for 10 seconds as he fires off 1bars I can't do anything about as he generates them ceaselessly.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Use Ronan. Easy-peezy.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    YoMoves wrote: »
    Every champ should be beatable by any other with a little effort

"Little effort",Why?!Not like we're gonna face IW Iron men in defense this soon
  • UrrymonsterUrrymonster Posts: 69
    I think he’s good, just people need to find counters... pretty sure proxima will also counter him... Ronan as above... he’s a quality defensive champ for sure
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    Really???

Even taking into account all the connection problem topics forum is full of, I could say there is not even 24 continuous hours to experience non-stop battles again the new ironman and you are already asking Nerf?
    which difficulty level are you suffering from? I mean, to take that into account to have a better idea of the request...it is not that I or any other of the players could solve something but just so we can interchange strategies.
    I faced him at Heroic Level with a 4* Angela and no problem.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    kraioszero wrote: »
    Really???

Okay first of all you could beat a heroic level boss with a 3* easily, of course you won't have any problems with a 4*. Secondly, no do not nerf him. This new iron man finally shows that he can be a really good character compared to the steaming pile of iron garbage that we have had for years. Just suck it up and learn how to fight him, watch videos, use potions, get better. But don't be asking to nerf the only good iron man on this game.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    medusa shreds him with ease
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Every champ should be beatable by any other with a little effort

"Little effort",Why?!Not like we're gonna face IW Iron men in defense this soon

Plus,"Little effort" is like saying,I want more for doing less,Greed right there.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    No do not nerf the new iron man why should stark spidey be allowed to be the top champ with his suit given by Tony Stark but when there is a new iron man suit that actually has potential but as a defender you suddenly want him nerfed into oblivion.

So yeah I don't care how annoying of a defender he is he deserves to have a bunch of annoying abilities, sure I also struggled but I enjoyed learning how to counter him with the champs I have that are not the extreme god tiers you would normally see by the way.

Keep up the great work with your future champions kabam.
  • Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    I did it with a 5/50 Starlord in one run. Everything up until 15% is super easy, so no complaints about that.

15% you just bait specials until the armor expires and beat him to death.

It’s really not hard. The same people complaining about IRON MAN are gonna have their hands full when they get to Thanos.
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    DRTO wrote: »
    kraioszero wrote: »
    Really???

Okay first of all you could beat a heroic level boss with a 3* easily, of course you won't have any problems with a 4*.

Yep, I agree...but with no more info at hands, I did what I could to answer...
    No more info on the difficulty level, or anything...
    Use Ronan. Easy-peezy.

Ronan doesn't work-his Armors are actually passive, so Ronan gets 0 attack bonus.
    edited May 2018
    I'm watching a single hit proc an armor below 15%, and then I have to stand back and watch for 10 seconds as he fires off 1bars I can't do anything about as he generates them ceaselessly.

Counters: magik, loki, ghost rider, dorm, **** I don't have all day, I used x23 (4/55 tbf) and watched him bleed to death on uncollected. And for those asking for nerf, the boss version has nodes propping him up artificially, remember when killmonger/thor ragnarok/bishop/etc were too op (lol) as eq bosses?

As Ronan....none of those are counters. The fact that his armors are passive mean they can't be stolen/nullified and won't proc Mystic Dispersion. So all of them will be stonewalled when he hits 15%.

Here's another thought. When he DOES show up for AW...what are you going to do when he's the Immunity miniboss? Then you can't bleed him, can't remove his armors, can't do anything-he'd be completely unstoppable.

Oh, and by the way-I soloed Thanos. :D
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I sympathize, but there are various counters to this champ's Signature. Essentially many of the same ones as original Iron Man and his variants:

#1 - finish him off with a final blow that KOs him from above 15% health (a nice hefty S3 from the likes of Thor, Hulk, Captain Marvel or original Iron Man)

#2 - Ability Accuracy Reduction. I don't see Quake or Falcon having to worry about triggering his Molecular Armour in the slightest. Black Widow, Karnak, Crossbones... No Blade this time, though.

His armor passives ignore Armor Shattered. I don't know if this is a bug, but it inherently feels wrong and I believe it should be fixedd.

Darned right. That's definitely a bug.

Also, having multiple evade-immune attacks, an Unblockable SP1 and a (partly) Unblockable Heavy attack does seem a touch unbalanced. Presumably his base stats must be awful to make up for it.
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    He will be a new Boss, Mini boss or Node 24 in AW
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I love how all say 4/40 beat him with ease but in the quest he can't Parry. Don't tell me you won't fight him soon. He is next or 3 arena time so you will see him soon. Go against the uncollected one and once auto block triggers let him hit you to simulate the parry and come back to me.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Wait, this isn't satire?
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I think he’s good, just people need to find counters... pretty sure proxima will also counter him... Ronan as above... he’s a quality defensive champ for sure

Ya sure let me bring a Ronan on attack just in case from now on for just 1 guy
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Use Ronan. Easy-peezy.

Ronan doesn't work-his Armors are actually passive, so Ronan gets 0 attack bonus.

Strange because I was definitely able to stun lock him with Ronan after he had 3 or 4 armors. Might be a bug?
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    He has a lot going for him already... but I feel his sig ability is ridiculous.. under 15% health, he gets 8 stacks of armor and gains power continuously (does not consume any armor). while his armor is up, he autoblocks (can parry) 100% of attacks. How can you get around this really, other than having specialized champs (e.g. iceman to survive the inevitable L3)? If he is gaining power continuously, you need to either kill him immediately before he gets L3, or power drain/ lock him... but how can you do either of those when he autoblocks/ autoparries every hit? You can't. PLUS, you can't parry his medium attack? Forget about it. As a questing boss this is fine, but he is way too imbalanced as a playable character. Put him in AWD and he will be almost impossible to kill.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Proxima Midnight looks like a solid counter to him.