**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade vs Thanos

My head hurts and I’m confused. Thanos says immunity to any ability accuracy reduction. Blade says he bypasses abilities INCLUDING immunity. Then why in the world does blade not shut thanos down? What is the point of danger sense if it doesn’t work as clearly stated in blades abilities?

Comments

• Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    It's only a chance
  • Options
    Bryan03Bryan03 Posts: 16
    With the trinity it’s much more than a chance. Right now thanos is not affected by blades ability accuracy reduction period.
  • Options
    Bryan03 wrote: »
    With the trinity it’s much more than a chance. Right now thanos is not affected by blades ability accuracy reduction period.

The chance only increases to 58%
  • Options
    DarthnoxDarthnox Posts: 7

the chance is 85% with the stark synergy
  • Options
    You guys are missing the point. NOT WORKING PERIOD. Don’t get me wrong I already beat it but to have a champ not working as described is frustrating.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    You guys are missing the point. NOT WORKING PERIOD. Don’t get me wrong I already beat it but to have a champ not working as described is frustrating.

It works
  • Options
    Every ability triggered every time during my run I guess if you guys say it works ie no inverted controls after a s2 or survived a death punch or shut down his power gain,ect then I guess I just had the worst rng in existance..... I those abilities are not being turned off then blades reduction is not working..... two parts to danger sense 1)attack bonus 2) ability accuracy reduction. Blade should be able to bypass thanos abilities the same as limbo (magik) unstoppable (jug) regen (mephesto,ultron) ect.
  • Options
    Darthnox wrote: »

Still not guaranteed,OP must've had a case of the RNG Blues
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    My head hurts and I’m confused. Thanos says immunity to any ability accuracy reduction. Blade says he bypasses abilities INCLUDING immunity. Then why in the world does blade not shut thanos down? What is the point of danger sense if it doesn’t work as clearly stated in blades abilities?

Elektra's description states that she "strikes with guaranteed Critical Hits" as long as the opponent has less than 15% health.

Ant-Man has x% chance to cause a hit to Glance where it can't be a critical hit.

An Ant-Man with less than 15% health can prevent Elektra from scoring a critical hit, despite the word "guaranteed" in her description.

In games like this, sometimes you'll have 2 abilities that contradict each other. The developers have to make a choice where one must trump the other. In this case, it didn't work out in Blade's favor. From my perspective, it's tough to say anything but "oh well" when he's still got so much going for him despite losing this one very specific case.

And to be clear, Blade's description reads "reducing opponent's ability accuracy by 40%. This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings' Immunities". Due to synergies, sub out "Dimensional Beings" for "Villains" and "40%" for "58%".

So Thanos is 100% immune to ability accuracy reduction.

Blade has a 58% chance to bypass immunity.

Especially considering this boss is supposed to be a very special boss that won't be playable and is tied to a big movie event, I think the developers made a fine call on this issue.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Apparently a filter caught a word. You can use "beat", "best", or "top" instead.
  • Options
    So again they whole point blade ignores immunities except for when the are 100% immune? Makes total sense.... mephesto is also immune to ability accuracy reduction but it works there what’s the difference?
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Guys I can't faceroll content with Blade. Content is broken.

Is it just me or is that stark spidey. Even on thanos, i ran double stark, a 4/55 and a 5/50.
  • Options
    AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★

No it's 58% with Stark synergy.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,059 ★★★★★

Its Not 85%. Without stark spidey, its 45%. With the synergy, he gets an extra 40% of the original 45% which is around 58%. Its not 45+40%. May want to re-read the abilities.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Its Not 85%. Without stark spidey, its 45%. With the synergy, he gets an extra 40% of the original 45% which is around 58%. Its not 45+40%. May want to re-read the abilities.

Isn't this all moot vs Thanos anyway? I thought Stark only boosted the original Danger Sense vs Dimensional beings, not the synergy effects vs villains and all mystics.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Isn't this all moot vs Thanos anyway? I thought Stark only boosted the original Danger Sense vs Dimensional beings, not the synergy effects vs villains and all mystics.

It boosts danger sense. He gets danger sense against villains and mystics with synergies. Yes, the boost works against all villains and mystics with synergies
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Well look at the bright side blade can still destroy him... right?
  • Options
    Love the powergain bug as well..... and lack of a response from a mod? Would love to know if this is how it was meant to be or another grub infested nest we had to stomach
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Love the powergain bug as well..... and lack of a response from a mod? Would love to know if this is how it was meant to be or another grub infested nest we had to stomach

I think this is the evidence of the danger sense kicking in. Funny enough it works against the player in this case because normally he would stop at the respective bar of power, danger sense stops his ability and it makes him keep gaining it.
  • Options
    GladiatorMatt26GladiatorMatt26 Posts: 55
    3shb7fclbw6q.png
  • Options
    GladiatorMatt26GladiatorMatt26 Posts: 55
    It's plus 45%... #FYI