Options

War defenders! Who else?

According to my opinion and experience the following champions are the best Alliance War defenders.

Night Crawler- This mutant's evasive capability is just unnatural, partner it with a high speed attack with critical damage and then you have an insane defender that is almost untouchable.

M.O.D.O.K.- This gigantic headed looking like Humpty-Dumty possesses technology that is far advance than the cutting edge of today's. Molded into a floating chair, it provides users with a very strong force shield that curses at opponent when strucked.

Ultron - This artificial intelligence metal humanoid doesn't bleed, but could cut and bleed its opponent with a laser. Its body could repair damages and its imperfect system detects incoming attacks allowing it the ability to evade.

Majik This magic wielding mutant is a signature ability dependent that gives her opponent the Darkchyld moments overtime that is grandest on a kinetic reactor arena.

Juggernaut This oversize steroid pumping host of Cyttorak is a vainer to the moniker signature ability known as unstoppable

So who else can be added to the list?

Comments

• Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Medusa.

Any Mystic with MD. Blade hard counters this.

Sentinel.

Spidies.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
    Ultron is not a good defender, once he was buy today he is a piece of cake to beat
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Ultron is not a good defender, once he was buy today he is a piece of cake to beat

Eh, I disagree. It depends on the node, player, and their champs. We're on expert map and he still gets kills. There are generally good counters to every node and every champ.
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    except done for Nightcrawler, every hero OP mentioned is doable with Blade + Ghost Rider in team, too easy; I would thank you if I met these champs on my way
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
    BigTime wrote: »

Eh, I disagree. It depends on the node, player, and their champs. We're on expert map and he still gets kills. There are generally good counters to every node and every champ.

I haven't lost to an Ultron in war since 12.0 update I even use him as a defender and he only gets kills on the inflict bleed node which really anyone could get kills on that node
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Putting Ultron on armor up node or stun immune with 20% enhanced abilities makes him tougher.
    Seems on defense, often he evades like Spidey. Other than that, not too bad.

Blade + GR doesn't really give any advantage on NC. The rest, yes.

I would add:
    Yondu
    Killmonger + BP synergy (mostly gives KM 3 indesctructable and 3 counter punch charges from the start
    Mordo still gets kills

Anyone 4/55 5* or any 6*

Highrank Rogue and BW can be a pain since they are practically stun immune already.
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Putting Ultron on armor up node or stun immune with 20% enhanced abilities makes him tougher.

I would add:
    Yondu
    Killmonger + BP synergy (mostly gives KM 3 indesctructable and 3 counter punch charges from the start
    Mordo still gets kills

Anyone 4/55 5* or any 6*

Highrank Rogue and BW can be a pain since they are practically stun immune already.

Synergy doesn't work in AW so KM BP synergy is for attack
  • Options
    ThonyRomeThonyRome Posts: 29
    I see thank you
  • Options
    stakstak Posts: 88
    Il_JooO wrote: »
    except done for Nightcrawler, every hero OP mentioned is doable with Blade + Ghost Rider in team, too easy; I would thank you if I met these champs on my way

Nightcrawler is easily countered by an awakened Iceman.
  • Options
    RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    stak wrote: »
    Il_JooO wrote: »

Nightcrawler is easily countered by an awakened Iceman.

this.
    also people always say switch stances, which does make him dog sh** as a defender, but thats not always easy. ive noticed parry then 2 hits with starlord, i can down any NC in under 20 hits.
    seems tedious, but its doable and reliable. Unless of course hes on a limber node. even then hes still a glass cannon. should have him down before limber gets ridiculous.

ultrons Ehh to me.. on stun immune, yeah hes aids, but me being a parrt addict, i find anything stun immune to be a pain.

I absolutely HATE Magik, but everyone and their moms got blade but me, so i guess shes easy if you got him.

IMO, (remember i love my parry) some people disagree, but mordo, hype and BpCw spank me all day. bpcw is eh cuz bait the heavy easy. but power gain makes baiting a pain in my ass...
  • Options
    Fighting against Night Crawler in Alliance War as a boss is still a pain on my fingers. My gigantic fingers are not that fast. hahahaha
  • Options
    Ice Man, the walking Casket of Winters! What a great idea! Now I just need to convince him to join my team of champions.
  • Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Dormammu exists
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    The best defender will almost always be Dormammu in my opinion
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★

I would add:
    Yondu
    Mordo still gets kills

Anyone 4/55 5* or any 6*

Why yondu? He doesn't get kills for me even when I put him on enhanced bleed node.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 656 ★★★
    Expected Yondu doesn't get kills, because you are prepared for him on a bleed node. Surprise Yondu may get a kill or two.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Taskmaster maybe? He's a beast once he becomes debuff immune, assuming he's on a node that gives Alot of health and resistance
  • Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Black Widow on enhanced abilities could be annoying, 23% evade chance plus her sig ability which decreases chance of parrying can be a pain. Certainly not the best defender but not the worst by far.