**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you like refurbished characters being released as “new” champions?

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★

Do you like refurbished characters being released as “new” champions? 61 votes

Yes.
31%
RiegelCoolGuy_McFlyCondemnedToeMasterTroller42Darkrider05SKK65SgtAnime1SoulresurMethedUpVaultSamanyu_8PacificWarriorEnderDraco58BlacksparkVoltolosPandoraFlameMuppetKnopeEdoardoVVVGenjitheninja 19 votes
No.
47%
NevvBWorld EaterShynight00bloodyCainTendersquadzuffySpeedbumpRavenrob_33AlCapone2727Isman1998Captain_AmazingDOKTOROKTOPUSRacs0Lt_Magnum_1DipseyRuddybadazztaojay1My_SuperiorsilverseraphBahamut 29 votes
Add Malibu Barbie and Karate Ken.
21%
X_ScottSpiritOfVengeanceSavio444Godby_Arkin_666ElitehunterXFA_RebootedRafikiicookiedealerMitchell35IBlueShiftINoob2435payisFhfjghhggggjfhfjg 13 votes

Comments

• XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Just for clarification, I just chose this answer because i liked it. My actual answer is no.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    No.
    No. Just buff the existing ones.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Yes.
    You mean like IM vs IW IM? If so then yes.

Having only one version of IM would be very boring as that character and many more evolve throughout their stories.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    With this concept we would have never gotten Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Rain, Tremor, Chameleon and Smoke in Mortal Kombat.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    No.
    I feel like there’s a misguided belief that releasing an MCU version of a character helps promote the movie effectively but, if the character is already available, does it really do much good? Surely the monthly Event Quests and in game mail can promote the movie well enough. Don’t get me wrong; Kabam should probably add MCU characters that aren’t in game like Killmonger and Vulture but why waste a slot on a 4th version of Steve Rodgers when we can have somebody new like the Mandarin, the Leader, or Nick Fury?

and ebony maw and cull obsidian
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    No.
    Let's see Nick Furry. He can be dressed as a fox
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    im on the edge about it. do we need og cap and wwii cap? no. very slight design difference, barely different abilities-ish with identical fight style. While iw cap is completely different
    cwbp and bp are completely different
    iwim and im are different.
    as long as the play styles are clearly different, then im fine with it.
    i also enjoy the fact that, in actuality, people can either use the Original cap if they prefer that design(ie if they grew up with seein that cap)

idk i have mixed feelings. i do wanna see revamps though, but kabam wouldnt revamp something everyone has when they make a new and improved one that people are willing to spend/grind a lot for.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    No.
    Riegel wrote: »

Having only one version of IM would be very boring as that character and many more evolve throughout their stories.

but we got 5 IM versions now, you happy?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »

but we got 5 IM versions now, you happy?

Actually only 4. OG, IW, Sup, and HB. (6 if you MUST count WM and IP)
  • No.
    Most of the time no. When they're mechanically identical to one another basically, it's a waste of time. They should have just developed a skin system wherein you unlock a new one when you dupe the character and a new one is unlocked each subsequent time.
    In the cases wherein the characters are a little mechanically different at least (like Thor and Ragnarok Thor) then it's a bit more difficult. I still prefer NEW characters. Maybe the skins could also be mechanically different, but that would only work if one version was not just decidedly superior to another version, which probably could be done, but would it be as profitable? Doubtful.
  • No.
    SKK65 wrote: »
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    With this concept we would have never gotten Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Rain, Tremor, Chameleon and Smoke in Mortal Kombat.
    "Your argument has merit."

Except mechanically, those characters are mostly different. It's not the same as having two Magneto characters who have virtually no (if not absolutely no) mechanical differences between them.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    I would rather them having costumes being able to have, and then different costumes can buff the characters in different ways
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    No.
    i feel like as of late, Kabam is reskinning too many guys. Ebony Maw and Cull Obsadian should have been released this month.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Yes.
    I like reskins. Gives me a new reason to go out and collect these not-so-hideous versions of the champs I love. Kudos to reskins.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    i feel like as of late, Kabam is reskinning too many guys. Ebony Maw and Cull Obsadian should have been released this month.

I agree. Maw was a great character.

On a side note, I guess Marvel thought "Black Dwarf" wasn't very PC.
  • UltimatechampionUltimatechampion Posts: 107
    No.
    Now add a black widow with blonde hair.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    No.

yes, we totally need them. Maybe some time in the next few months kabam?
  • CoolGuy_McFlyCoolGuy_McFly Posts: 14
    Yes.
    I find it rather "hit and miss". While yeah, sometimes it can seem like a new character is just a reskin in order for the sake of having a new MCU variant, sometimes they do add a new element to the game. For example, the new Captain America and Iron Man Infinity War variants have totally different playstyles from the ones that were previously in the game. WW2 cap and OG Cap are basically carbon copies, with the exception of WW2 Cap inflicting bleed on his L2 instead of a stun. Same with IM and Sup. IM, where there's literally zero difference in their playstyles, awakened abilities. Though a buff to an older character would be much more appreciated than a reskin, sometimes it does make sense to totally remake a character if it's gonna have totally different abilities, such as OG Black Panther and CWBP. CWBP added a totally different dimension to the game when he was first added and has a totally different playstyle. As long as it adds something new to the game and makes a huge difference between any previous variants (unlike Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel) then it's a pretty good idea.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Heck yes,Only as MCU releases,And alternate versions,who are not the same person by name and mantle.Eg.Spider man 2099(Wait,I realised they could do a 2099 event in the future,Why not?)
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    No.
    how you even dare compare the contest of noobs with the best fighting game in history