**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Fed up with bad drops from 5* crystals

I am tired of getting bad champs on every step of the game, 36 5* = 5 champs that i actually like (got one out of Featured grandmasters and the other from a legendary crystal or whatever they called) that puts me 3/36 out (which also includes 0/8 featured 5*). Therefore one in every 9 basics and 3 featured is an actual god tier champion which equals to me having to spend on average 135k 5* shards to get ONE GOOD CHAMPION. Not to mention that I have two worst 6* in game. I have done 100% story mode and easy path in LOL. Honestly what do I do to get a good champion because I am out of ideas. Don't offer arena, there is no way I could put up 40 mil score in arena.

Comments

• VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Do you want god tier champs or useful champs? Cause there is a difference. 1 in 9 for a God tier is pretty good, 1 in 9 for a useful champ is pretty unlucky
  • OnYOnY Posts: 30
    edited May 2018
    I wouldn't be here complaining if I was getting demi-god, they are still useful. In my last 20 5* crystals the only ones I can consider using now or in future are Hulk, Dormmamu and Thor Ragnarok. I mentioned above i got few champs that I actually like, every single one of them was awakened with a gem.
  • my 5* champs are Drax, Mordo, BP, Venom, Rhino, Groot -_-
  • r3zonater3zonate Posts: 47
    If you are fed up with the game, you can always stop playing or take a break. Accept the fact the crystals are 100% random, and you might eventually start getting champions you like.

When 5* champions first came out, I got CM like 3 or 4 times. Every one had multiple 5* champs while I was sitting with one, and the odds of that happening are just insane. On top of that, I just finally got a good 5* tech champion. I've been sitting with an awakening gem in my inventory for what seems like 2 years now, ever since the first one was available. Hell I couldn't even possibly use it until Dec, but it was a Hulk buster and I wasnt going to waste it on that.

I can't really complain, because yes I do have GR, Blade and Sparky, but for all of those champions I have 10 others that are mediocre to bad. Plus its a waste of time.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Rolled Archangel and Iceman on my first 2 5* crystals. Got Miles Morales the last time to make up for it.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Got GP as my first 5*, then Carnage. It giveth, then it taketh away
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited May 2018
    OnY wrote: »
    But obviously no one will give this topic enough attention most people in here are sitting on full trinity with other god tier champions, so why would they care

I'm actually sitting pretty with really good 5* luck and I think the luck part of this game should be looked at for 5*s (they are different from others as even with 4*s you will start to get so many eventually you are bound to get a bunch of good champs).

Maybe the reason I feel so bad is for the first 4 months of this game I did not get a SINGLE God Tier 4*... not even a Demi-God. The first I got was from that $1 crystal and I got Quake out of all the top choice in that crystal (one of the worst... better then Kingpin so I was not totally destroyed by it). But these past few months I have gotten noting but God Tier and Demi-God Tier 4*s and 5*s (so much so I have like 4 God Tier 4*s still at rank 1 becasue I simply cannot rank them all and I play a lot so that should say something).

So yeah... the luck is unforgiving to some in this game and there should be some sort of pity feature (I am not sure how that would work but I am sure it could be sussed out).
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @OnY there's nothing for it but waiting for luck. I went ages with nothing but garbage and then had a month where everything I pulled was god tier. Back to garbage now lol. It'll happen eventually.
  • Gonzawesome80Gonzawesome80 Posts: 62
    I agree, it’s honestly a shame that horrible characters even exist, then take said characters and make them 5 and 6 star champions. They leave out characters like wolverine or scarlet Witch, but gotta make sure to include KK in every possible crystal... smh
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Just manage your expectation. My alt was sitting on 11 t2a with only a r4 Drax for at least half a year. He’s been getting all the **** champs from 5* crystals (Name it and he has it).

Finally he has hit a lucky streak and pulled Blade then GR back to back.

Hang in there man. Don’t expect much and you won’t be disappointed. Anything else is a bonus.

This is correct. I stewed for a long time watching mates bulldoze content with duped R4 SLs and Magiks while I struggled with a full plate of T2a and few options.

Luck (whatever that means in this game) turned and I’ve been on an excellent run.

It isn’t fun when luck isn’t on your side, and the game should enable players to have some limited ability to direct their 5* options (like the current artifact crystals) to solid if not top champs.

Dr. Zola
  • Gonzawesome80Gonzawesome80 Posts: 62
    The biggest problem is having all the items to rank up champs, but getting no champs worthy of the materials and having zero control over it... then what’s the point of even playing?
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    But obviously no one will give this topic enough attention most people in here are sitting on full trinity with other god tier champions, so why would they care

I'm actually sitting pretty with really good 5* luck and I think the luck part of this game should be looked at for 5*s (they are different from others as even with 4*s you will start to get so many eventually you are bound to get a bunch of good champs).

Maybe the reason I feel so bad is for the first 4 months of this game I did not get a SINGLE God Tier 4*... not even a Demi-God. The first I got was from that $1 crystal and I got Quake out of all the top choice in that crystal (one of the worst... better then Kingpin so I was not totally destroyed by it). But these past few months I have gotten noting but God Tier and Demi-God Tier 4*s and 5*s (so much so I have like 4 God Tier 4*s still at rank 1 becasue I simply cannot rank them all and I play a lot so that should say something).

So yeah... the luck is unforgiving to some in this game and there should be some sort of pity feature (I am not sure how that would work but I am sure it could be sussed out).

@chev327fox do not disrespect quake like that! She was my top choice from that crystal but I got screwed with kingpin. If you think she is one of the worst then you probably don't kno how to use her correctly. Maybe it comes down to personal preference but quake's mechanic is utterly unique and game-changing in my opinion.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    taojay1 wrote: »

@chev327fox do not disrespect quake like that! She was my top choice from that crystal but I got screwed with kingpin. If you think she is one of the worst then you probably don't kno how to use her correctly. Maybe it comes down to personal preference but quake's mechanic is utterly unique and game-changing in my opinion.

Lol... sorry she is a really good champ but I am not a fan of her playstyle (trust me I know how to play her pretty well... I just find I run into bugs with her a lot like the "whiif" bug where you cannot get a parry or the AI using odd timing or lazy/slow attacks... she just gets tiresome after awhile, at least for me personally). I had a chance to rank 3 my 5* and I chose my 5* Luke Cage for Rank 3 over her and there was not thought as I was just sick of her Quake and Bake playstyle (again it works amazing, especially for a Mordo or a Mephisto but I still prefer Luke).

As for her being the top ion that $1 player choice crystals I feel that is a stretch even for opinion (I mean there were so many other God tier champs in that crystal that are near objectively better then Quake in general). I am sorry to hear you got Kingpin from that... I was worried I would back then (and don't get me wrong... I was okay with Quake but I would have preferred a Hyperion, Sparky, or GR at the time as Quake is fairly situational).

My main team right now is 5* 3/45 Luke Cage, 4* 5/50 Blade, 4* 5/50 Star Lord (sig 99), 5* 2/35 Iceman, and 4* 4/40 Ghost Rider (hoping to rank 3 5* Iceman within the month... also will have Rank 3 5* Morningstar as an option too, but like Quake I dislike things about MS and the way she fights).
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    taojay1 wrote: »

Quake is like Ghost Rider: the difference between skillful and unskillful play is the difference between Gwenpool and Spider Gwen.

The thing most people don't really appreciate about Quake is the fact that opponents miss the first non-special attack thrown her way when she's charging heavy. That means if the opponent doesn't have at least one bar of power you can just stand there and charge heavy, letting those quake charges build up on the target and the target literally cannot do anything to you. The only thing the AI can do is charge at you, and their first attack will automiss. You can then parry the second one, and backup and repeat. Against most opponents this is insanely lethal.

That's how people can literally aftershock enemies to death without even hitting them once.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    IKON wrote: »
    tav1je9c32qj.jpg

Yeah. It would be awful if players were able to actually able to have the champions they wanted.

My suggestion:
    - Allow players to use 25k shards to get a guarenteed champion.
    - Use 10k for a “basic” random pool.
    - Use 15k for a “featured” pool of 8.

This would change the game sure but then people get to choose what they want to level and what they like. Crazy, it would be like everything else in life you purchase. RNG is a trifling way for enjoyment.
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    edited May 2018
    The biggest problem is having all the items to rank up champs, but getting no champs worthy of the materials and having zero control over it... then what’s the point of even playing?

Totally agree. I have T4CC sitting there and I can't pull a decent 5* to rank up, kept missing out on level up events because of it. The last 2 5* I pulled were The Duck and OML, nothing to help me progress in content play whatsoever and I sure as hell aint wasting T4CCs on those. Before that were underwhelming Taskmaster, Falcon, Netflix, Hawkeye, P2099...nothing worth beyond rank 2. Here is the kicker, I have 18 5*, NONE MYSTIC, no awakenings either...a year ago, I purchased the 5* awakening gem and guess which class? yup, Mystic. They kept giving me skill and mutant champs but none of the good ones either.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I got a vulture today and hate roughly 85% of the 5*s I have. I won't even take the majority of them past rank 1 because they don't help me do anything and aren't worth the excessive alpha usage.

Arena points? Maybe, but I'm tired of getting **** just to rank up, to throw more time away on this game to get more of nothing I want. They will only be used for t4b arena at this point.

Not landing much that will help me with story progression. Have AQ and AW teams set. Dunno what else to do really so my interest has been on the downturn for quite some time. I will just stick to the 4* basic arena mostly. Pick up what I can without hefty investment of time.

5*/4* feature is too much grinding for me with no payoff in comparison. Eventually I will get tired of this also lol

Something needs to give soon or I think I will be playing even less. Right now I have dialed back the effort. Soon it will be a reduction of play period. It's just deflating when you can get decent 4*s and then completely worthless 5*s which would be way more useful.
  • UltimatechampionUltimatechampion Posts: 107
    my last 5 pulls taskmaster,she hulk,vulture,OML,Beast.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I was rewarded with a 5* antman today. Of my 21 different 5* champs, I only use 4 regularly...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Romo790 wrote: »
    There are too many champs in the 5* crystal. I have seen posts in the past where people brought up dividing all the 5* Champs into class specific crystals so everyone has a better shot at getting a champ they want, which I think is a good idea. We do have the featured 5* crystal, however the 15k price is a gamble I'm not willing to take anymore just to pull a miss marvel kk. The 15k price would be easier to take if the miss marvel kk's types were replaced with more useful champs.

Don’t worry, in a few months we’ll get a $100 offer to buy a class 5* crystal of our choice 😂
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    I'm pretty sure I don't have a single good 5* champ. My OML is decent, but probably mostly for the fact that i duped him. Also I have cosmic spidey and Karnak at r2 with OML. The rest (HB, VP, IP Rocket, groot and Jane) are at r1/25 where they will likely remain forever. So I feel your pain!!!