**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Looking for newbies guide for levelling and getting higher-starred champs

GandenGanden Posts: 19
Hi all. I perused the forums and the greater web for a n00b guide on where to start, what to concentrate on and how to level as a new player.

I've just returned to the game after a very long break and I'm stuck with a bunch of three and two star champs with no hope of progressing further (other than the non-existent luck with daily crystals etc).

I'm currently smashing out event quests, the arena and dailies for catalysts. My main focus now is finishing the exploration of whatever the Thanos quest is called to get the 3 star Spidey.

If anyone has a quick list of Champions for Dummies, I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• ChickenWaffles4ChickenWaffles4 Posts: 26
    I don't know. Until you get your first few four stars, you can't really take off. Once you get some 4 stars, your account will progress much faster.
  • GandenGanden Posts: 19
    @ChickenWaffles4, what's the method for getting them? Just luck on the 2-4 star crystals?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Seatin has a decent progression guide aimed at new players
    Seatin has a decent progression guide aimed at new players

A good guide. A shame I didn't see that sooner :(
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Ganden wrote: »
    @ChickenWaffles4, what's the method for getting them? Just luck on the 2-4 star crystals?

Oh yeah about those crystals...they are absolute TRASH. Don't buy them with your units, use them for masteries. If you have the time, you should probably restart, as this will put you in the beginner and intermediate arena brackets so you can get 4* champs much easier. However, you'll need to grind for two months, so you don't have to do it if you don't want to.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Ganden wrote: »
    Hi all. I perused the forums and the greater web for a n00b guide on where to start, what to concentrate on and how to level as a new player.

I've just returned to the game after a very long break and I'm stuck with a bunch of three and two star champs with no hope of progressing further (other than the non-existent luck with daily crystals etc).

I'm currently smashing out event quests, the arena and dailies for catalysts. My main focus now is finishing the exploration of whatever the Thanos quest is called to get the 3 star Spidey.

If anyone has a quick list of Champions for Dummies, I'd really appreciate it.

look here

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35054/must-read-this-if-youre-just-new-to-the-game-honest-beginners-advice-pdf-version#latest
    Thanks @raffster :smiley: