**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wrong AW map for tier 4

We just lost a war in tier 3 and now back in tier 4, but we still get the map for tier 3 with the multiplier for tier 4. So we get less score for playing a harder map. Everyone in the alliance is seeing the same thing. We tried contacting the support but they havent been of any help. This means either missed score and/or bad placement if the map changes when we hit the attack phase.

rf7ba98m2q6c.jpg

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    If your opponent is in tier 3 this is not a bug
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    So they get higher score from doing the same map? Sure sounds like a bug to me and unfair competition. This could mean the difference between us finishing in gold 1 and platinum 3
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    So they get higher score from doing the same map? Sure sounds like a bug to me and unfair competition. This could mean the difference between us finishing in gold 1 and platinum 3

When different tier alliances are matched in AW it is possible for maps to be used that only apply to one of the matches alliances. This can only happen if both alliances are on the border of their AW tier, my alliance (tier 3) got matched with a tier 4 alliance a week or two ago and the AW Map was the one used in tier 4 and below. In your case the map used was the one used in tier 1-3.

I don’t know the specifics of how which Map is used in these situations. Since AW Seasons is a high pressure game mode, it would reduce player frustration if Kabam explained what goes on when this happens.
  • LadoilitriiLadoilitrii Posts: 36
    edited May 2018
    So it's ok to have 1 ally getting tier 3 multiplier and the other tier 4,playing the same map on the same war? It's like playing a soccer match and 1 team gets 3 pts for a win and the other 2 points. Not fair at all. It's like 200k points on aw season and we still didn't get an answer regarding what happened
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    If you Match with a different Tier, it randomly picks between the two Maps.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    So it's ok to have 1 ally getting tier 3 multiplier and the other tier 4,playing the same map on the same war? It's like playing a soccer match and 1 team gets 3 pts for a win and the other 2 points. Not fair at all. It's like 200k points on aw season and we still didn't get an answer regarding what happened

Actually, it is fair. It would be more unfair to alter the Multiplier based on where the Opponent is at. Each Ally plays with the Multiplier they're at. Its just the Map that is randomly chosen.
    Don't tell me it's fair. Kabam made it clear about the link between maps and tierstizmiwaqf2xr.jpg
    edited May 2018
    We were 2219 war rating and tier 4,now we are 2223 and tier 3. It may be a problem of wrong tier placement/multiplier,but on the terms kabam started aw seasons,what happened to us is not fair at all. We should receive the bonus multiplier for that war,then it will be fair from my point of view
  • AjTodayBAjTodayB Posts: 326
    Happened to us as well. Glitch or not, I want some clarification.
    Well,from tier 3 to tier 4 you can see the problem,but what about the allys that switch between tier 1-2-3? How can they know smth may be wrong with tier placement? And i can't understand how some ppl belive it's fair when the kabam aw terms state that tier 4-5 are playing challenger map with the specific multiplier. Happened 2 wars ago and still no clarification. I must say i am not happy at all. I look around the forum for more than 1 year,recruit from here,but i never posted anything. Now u can see how upset i am.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    This has existed since day 1 of Alliance Wars and they stated it upfront. If two alliances are matched with different tier maps it will randomly choose one of the difficulties. Alliance war season did not introduce anything new for this mechanism. Your multiplier / AW rewards will always be mapped to tier based on rating and has nothing to do with map. Your rating tier only supplies the map for the generator to randomly choose from (usually its two of the same difficulty map so you don't see this).
    I didn't read anything about this. Can u send me the link to the original post by kabam?
    I would have to find the original thread when Alliance Wars came out. It may be back on the old forums before they moved to this site and they only transferred over limited stuff when they moved.
    Well,the new war post clearly say that tier 1-2-3 play expert map,and tier 4-5 play challenger map. This may be a major impact on aw season. Someee allys had to search for 5-6 h to find a war. We don't take more than 30 min max. It's not like matchmaking couldnt find an enemy of our tier. And before moving the forum to this site i doubt there were war seasons
    Its an alliance war basic feature not tied to seasons. You will at times be matched with people in different tiers and there needed to be a mechanism to handle that. All they changed in alliance war season is they broke up war rating tier 1 into 3 tiers (all still playing same map if matched within tier as before but they highlighted it wouldnt change) and then other tiers got pushed down (some others may have combined)
    Regarding aliance war season,this are the terms kabam provided. You play a map for the tier you are in. It says it above on the photo. This is a new feature,this are the terms,and the game didn't act as it should. Read the post,understand it and don't give me old forum storys
    Still waiting to understand what happened.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    People explained it above and you don’t accept that. You don’t consider it faire, that’s fine. Map difficulty doesn’t matter, it’s your tier that decides the multiplier at the end.
    Wow. So kabam say that the tier u are in decide the map u play,on an offical announcement,but you decide kabam is wrong. Bet u didn't bother reading the full post.
    Here we are again. Getting reward and season score for tier 4 but play the much harder tier 3 map. Can’t see the fairness in the system. Last season wasn’t a decision point for us as we won enough to be platinum 3.

But this season is shorter so it has a potential bigger impact.

The difference in map difficulty between is tier 3 is tier 4 is big.
  • Ggeorg10Ggeorg10 Posts: 46
    The same story here ...
    While we are at tier6 (war rating 1642) we are playing a challenger map!
    This is terribly unfair because we will need to spoil much more items!!!
    We had a weird thing in last war. We were shown rewards for tier 3, but the multiplier showed tier 4. After the war we did receive points for a tier 3 war for season score, so at least this time it worked out for us.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    So we are in tier 6 but getting a tier 5 map with tier 6 multiplier how does that work? Why are we having to play a harder map and not get the multiplier?
  • Ggeorg10Ggeorg10 Posts: 46
    Finaly we win the war!
    The other alliance get more points from us...
    Kabam!!!