**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Archangel Overrated?

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
Clearly, aa is one of the best damage dealers in game and also possesses a strong heal block/ability accuracy reduction. However, the more I think about it, he doesn't seem all that good as he is hyped up to be. First of all, he requires the opponent to be both bleed/poison vulnerable. Without this, he cannot place neurotoxins. Second, he struggles on stun immune/limber nodes, because of the reliance on heavy attacks. Next, he requires you to take block damage in order to poison the opponent. I've recently been exploring act 5 and the chip damage from blocks is pretty high. So it seems to me that other than in war or very specific story paths, he isn't that great? Someone change my mind

Comments

• PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Clearly, aa is one of the best damage dealers in game and also possesses a strong heal block/ability accuracy reduction. However, the more I think about it, he doesn't seem all that good as he is hyped up to be. First of all, he requires the opponent to be both bleed/poison vulnerable. Without this, he cannot place neurotoxins. Second, he struggles on stun immune/limber nodes, because of the reliance on heavy attacks. Next, he requires you to take block damage in order to poison the opponent. I've recently been exploring act 5 and the chip damage from blocks is pretty high. So it seems to me that other than in war or very specific story paths, he isn't that great? Someone change my mind

No, he's quite awesome. There are fights where he's not that great but all champs should be that way. That's why you build a team. He's a awesome, balanced champion.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Dizzy wrote: »
    I will say, I've always been annoyed by the people who downvote Quake because she's ineffective in some fights (e.g., Power Gain) but insist Archangel is godly when he also has his limitations. Sure, his dps is through the roof, but that's still a lot of caveats for using him.

I loved my 4* Archangel when I first pulled / awakened him, but I was running Act 4 at that time. Nowadays, I rarely take him into battle and will typically opt for Iceman instead when it comes to Mutants, since 4* Sparky has become my main damage dealer.

Exactly how I feel. Amazing in some fights, no doubt, but those fights are not plentiful many times

• Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    It's okay buddy,the main thing is thanos infinity war is neither bleed immune nor poison immune,which can be easily defeated by aa.
    And of course there are many champions who are not bleed as well as poison immune ,so he done major role at exploration of any act
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I wouldnt say hes overrated but definitely has some situations he isnt good in. Hes definitely not my cup of tea.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    I could not relate less to the o.p.

I say this because as we speak ive been exploring act 5.4... And with my immense roster 4/55 sparky, blade, medusa and 5/50 iceman... I still find myself putting a 4/40 AA on my team over my iceman, 3/45 quake, 5/50 SW 3/45 rogue, 5/50 hype etc. (Just got 5.4.6 to 100% now). The only time ive taken AA off my team was for the biohazard/caltrop paths.

His dps is hyperion level aka more than medusa. He really is incredible and definately not over hyped. Bleed immune is his downfall, but stun immune no.

Like others said you learn to fight with his specials and there are quite a lot of champs with specials and heavies in which you can counter-strike with a heavy of your own.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    For a game that mostly lags on Android, AA is a godsend champ, he brought down my first master thanos to 15% in just 5 heavies.
  • Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45
    Blade is not so effective against bleed immune heroes. Therefore he is overrated.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    His dash back is definitely overrated.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I want Angel (Classic) but that’s cause I’m a rebel.

Actually, he could be a fun design; but would probably end up a fairly weak champion. That would be okay, because (1) the contest does actually need some weak champions, and (2) Angel was by far the weakest of the original X-men.
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    I want Angel (Classic) but that’s cause I’m a rebel.

Actually, he could be a fun design; but would probably end up a fairly weak champion. That would be okay, because (1) the contest does actually need some weak champions, and (2) Angel was by far the weakest of the original X-men.

How dare you!!?!!? If the original X-men ever needed someone to fly through rings for any reason at all Angel was the mutant for the job!
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Wait till 5.4 modok says hi. Then you know how useful he is. He always replaces my 3/45 iceman.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Holy Necro Batman!
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    ESF said:

Dizzy wrote: »

I will say, I've always been annoyed by the people who downvote Quake because she's ineffective in some fights (e.g., Power Gain) but insist Archangel is godly when he also has his limitations. Sure, his dps is through the roof, but that's still a lot of caveats for using him.

I loved my 4* Archangel when I first pulled / awakened him, but I was running Act 4 at that time. Nowadays, I rarely take him into battle and will typically opt for Iceman instead when it comes to Mutants, since 4* Sparky has become my main damage dealer.

Exactly how I feel. Amazing in some fights, no doubt, but those fights are not plentiful many times

That's why we have 5 character slots, so we have 5 characters balanced between each other and each with their own style and usage.
  • Jenk6225Jenk6225 Posts: 32
    I found out yesterday in case people may not know for AA. In 6.1.1 he cancels out the no retreat node with his neurotoxin. I was able to dash back as much as I wanted with no degen. 😁
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Archangel is one of the best champions in the game. The OP made some valid points... but if AA has an ideal opponent, he’s likely a Top 3 option.