**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Priorities

ArmandStarArmandStar Posts: 1,129 ★★★
They are infamous for taking several months to look into issues.
meanwhile, the infinite revives on Act 1 were revealed very recently and they already have a fix for it. In less than a week the issue is fixed. an announcement is already up and it includes "the update will be live very soon".

Carnage was on the to-fix list since the day he went live, and he's still waiting.
As far as i know, the android lag has always existed, and it still does. as far as i know, they have always been looking into it.
Captain Marvel finally got her bug fixed, but it took more than one and a half years.

A bugged interaction was found between Dr Voodoo and Void, and i remember it well because that bug was fixed that same day, and they posted an announcement that, like the revives-on-act-1 announcement, also included "the fix will be live very soon".

surely by now you know what this thread is about. i'ts not the first time someone has said this and it won't be the last:
bugs that hurt the players take several months to get addressed, but when a bug happens to play on the players's benefit, it gets fixed within a week, sometimes even on the same day.

this is common knowledge and it's not the first time this has been discussed, in fact, i'm sure a long time ago i participated in a thread specifically discussing this. i can't find it, probably got deleted.

no matter, this is public knowledge. on our latest example, Act 1 revives. you can check the thread that revealed them, and you can clearly see what was everyone's number one concern: that this bug would go straight into the list of "bugs that get fixed fast".

i understand something like Captain Marvel is a very complex issue and it does take too long to solve, but almost 2 years? i don't buy it.
meanwhile, they launched a hotfix for the act 1 revives within a week? i don't buy that either.

now, i 'm not complaining about losing access to revives, i'm complaining about, and i quote:
"bugs that hinder the players take several months to get addressed, but when a bug is benefitial to the player, it gets fixed within a week"

the backdash bug has been on the waiting list for far far longer than the act 1 revives. but the benefitial bugs always cut in the line.
no answer for the carnage update, no answer for the android lag, no answer for the backdash bug, even though they've been on the waiting list for who knows how long. meanwhile, "certain" bugs only wait a couple of days and their turn comes.

there was another thread about this specific topic. i think i might have made it, cant remember, but i do remember i was there. i think it might have been on the time of Dr Voodoo's bug.

anyway. Discuss

TLDR: bad bugs take months to get addressed while good bugs get fixed very soon.

UPDATE: this week i came across other two examples: The Inequity bug, and a bug with Makig's nullify ability being considered a debuff.

both issues have been acknowledged and they said they are working on a fix. and here's the thing: they said it in january. so, they've been working on a fix for these two bugs since at least 4 months ago.
in both cases, nothing was ever said again, to this day both bugs remain active and unsolved.

particularly interesting is the inequity bug, since that bug already had a fix that supposedly was coming live, but something happened and they held back on the fix because it was bugged or something. this was said in january. so, something was wrong with the fix, and 4 months later, nothing was ever said again. to this day, we don't even know what was the issue with the original fix.

Comments

• Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Let’s not forget the bug with Vision’s specials taking almost a month to fix, but Dr. Stranges health steal getting fixed in under a week.
    Or that time that power would be consumed but you wouldn’t actually use the special, leaving you completely opened, which took a month to fix. While the bug with the gold received from AW being fixed in a week.
    Or right now where almost everyone is short on gold, dashbacks are bugged, Parry is bugged, Kabam keeps introducing champs who parry on auto blocks, the difficulty is constantly being ramped up with no change to the rewards, or right this second where the game is down while everyone is in the middle of this super hyped event, and whatever else I’ve forgotten because there have been so many problems that my brain can’t keep track of all of them.
  • Options
    silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    yes yes lets not stop discussing these things and asking these questions, so many people are just trolled and threads like this locked and sabotaged. We need to "grow up" in a way and hold everyone accountable for things like this. The real things in life that matter are outgrowths of things like this and show how mature we are and what we will allow to slide and what outrages us, what were willing to do to make it right. No matter the scale i say keep questioning those motives and the focus of the ones in working with us to make this the best experience possible.
  • Options
    JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
    #carnagebuff2018
  • Options
    AbusementParkAbusementPark Posts: 164
    pcsscok24nub.gif
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The above is all based on the premise that Kabam actually wants this game to continue on. What makes you think they want to have MCOC around for years and years? Yes, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is 10+ years old, but there hasn't been a game yet to last more than a few years before it fades into obscurity. We live in the age of disposibility; make as much money on a fad as possible, then cut bait when it begins to lose money and move on to the next one.

My guess is that Kabam is down to a skeleton crew who's sole job is to create new content to keep the money flowing in (gotta have that newest champ, right?), but also don't have enough time left over to really debug the content that's being changed. Players getting frustrated and quitting? Doesn't matter, in fact it actually helps reduce the load on the servers that are also quickly becoming outdated.

If they were smart, they would offer a sequel. This game is obviously successful. They have seen what worked and what needed improvement, and they'll always have a fan base simply because Marvel is such a pop-culture success. Rebuild the game from the ground up with new skins, updated champ interactions, revised questing metrics, etc.

MCOC is like Windows 3 back in the 90's. Fantastic platform that a lot of people really held on to. Used it for years, had great support. It was so good that people didn't want to update to anything else. Eventually Microsoft had to change how they did business so that they had money flowing again. Easiest solution: cut support. Force users to the next version, even if it wasn't what they wanted. To me, it looks like Kabam is in the "cut support" phase without really having anything new to offer...
  • Options
    AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    As a player, 1000% agree with you, and feeling upset on how they treat us too. But from a business point of view, I can see how they actually prioritize their techincal support, and this is how usually an organization works.

Proirity1 issue: Financial lost, Business Impact, Type and extent of service disrupted, number of users affected.

So based on the example given,

Case1: Farming act1 revives, you don’t purchase revives and can break through some difficult contents by revives infinitely(almost).
    -Financial lost? Yes
    =Severity: Priority 1

Case2: Carnage and cap marvel bug,
    -Financial lost? No;
    -Business Impact? No, whale milkers and youtubers not shout yet;
    -Service disrupted? No;
    -Number of users affected? Extreme small percentage (chance of getting the champs * number of players has exisitng champs).
    =Severity: very very very very very low priority, just right above all good to have suggestions

And if you realized, why does Capt Marvel got fixed recently? There is a hype and many discussion everywhere in forum, reddit, youtube highlighting capt marvel bug is not fixed over a year, so again to revisit the list
    -Financial lost? No;
    -Business impact, Yes;
    =Severity: Priority1 (if no service disruption like what happen yesterday)

Now you know why poor carnage remains trash and no one see him if he sits beside a trash bin.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    People will believe what they believe. When he's ready, they'll put it out.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    These threads have been going on since I've joined the forums.... guess what they're right. Kabams priorities have always been off. Try writing a support ticket and see how it goes. Yes some bugs take a while but under no reasonable expectation should it take almost 2 years. There's tons of examples..pure skill anyone. They introduced that Loki synergy and was fix within a week or two..if it could cost them it gets fixed in record time, which I understand because it's a business. Look at the monthly updates, most of the bug fixes aren't anything, stuff like text errors. My guess is they've always been understaffed because they've always introduced bugs a little faster than they can fix them.. I absolutely love this game but the bugs are what will finally push me away.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    When you look at this game and follow course of it's development/updates, it is pretty obvious that these developers are only driven by money, not by passion for making great game
This discussion has been closed.