**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can people please calm down about the changes to Dormammu and Archangel?

13»

Comments

• Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    We were told it wasn't a bug and made rank up decisions based upon what we were told.

Now we're told it was a bug and they've removed the ability.

That's fine, but everyone who ranked up AA for this specific utility and was misinformed by the staff here clearly deserves access to a rank down ticket. AA is still pretty good but I don't really want mine at r4 anymore after this change. I'm not sure I would've ever sunk t2a into him without this ability. Since the stafff gave incorrect information to the player base and the player base then made rank up decisions based upon this incorrect information, this is a clear cut case of a situation that merits a rank down ticket.

You don't want him at rank 4 because you now realize he's a niche champ and not worth the t2a, don't lie and say it's because of this change

LOL "niche champ", one of the highest dps in the game when not fighting immune champs and one of the best ability reductions in the game?

He is still worth the t2a even though it is extremely wrong of kabam to do, completely contridictory to what THEY previously confirmed.

Anyone arguing that this isn't shady (not saying he should not have had this ability in the first place or that he still is not a god with or without this aspect of him), is just extremely ignorant and must really love to play devil's advocate. There is no oppinion here, simply objective information based on facts.

Although I still think he is still worthy of r4 and this does not warrant RDTs <<< this is my oppinion.
  • Options
    nopenope Posts: 134
    I've been focusing on the message from the mod on that old post... But somehow I missed that the mod edited the title of the thread and added "(not a mod)". It's mind blowing.

And the poster who mentioned that at this point kabam can change anything they want regardless of what information has been given in the past is dead on. The precedent this sets is the biggest problem, not the stun. 21zoo1zp5tao.png
  • Options
    Bah. "(not a bug)".
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    We were told it wasn't a bug and made rank up decisions based upon what we were told.

Now we're told it was a bug and they've removed the ability.

That's fine, but everyone who ranked up AA for this specific utility and was misinformed by the staff here clearly deserves access to a rank down ticket. AA is still pretty good but I don't really want mine at r4 anymore after this change. I'm not sure I would've ever sunk t2a into him without this ability. Since the stafff gave incorrect information to the player base and the player base then made rank up decisions based upon this incorrect information, this is a clear cut case of a situation that merits a rank down ticket.

You don't want him at rank 4 because you now realize he's a niche champ and not worth the t2a, don't lie and say it's because of this change

Those stuns were part of his niche. Without them, I have better places to put my t2a.

But you'd want to rank him down if you had the chance even without this change to him, so the change isn't the reason
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I would rank down my Level 99 AA in a heart beat to maxed Psylocke who can stun stun immune. Is this a bug too?
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Onmix wrote: »
    I’m sorry but I have to disagree with you @Bahamut

Why should we chill if we spent resources on someone that has an ability that was never, NEVER, mentioned as a bug.

This doesn’t mean I’m gonna rank down my AA. This doesn’t even mean I’m gonna want Rank Down Tickets.

But the fact that AA stunned unstunable enemies was a huge ability that made many many players rank him up. It made him have an unparalleled value against other champs.
    And saying it was obvious this was a bug is like saying that Blade’s danger sense is obviously bugged because it turns off certain nodes like heal block. IF THEY DIDN’T TELL US IT IS BUGED IT ISN’T. AND THEY CAN’T (OR SHOULDN’T) “FIX” IT.

Why are they fixin something that wasn’t broken? Something we didn’t ask for and something that has worked for such a long time.

I understand it’s their game and they can do anything they want.
    But as a company, they should behave with some code of ethics.
    This wasn’t ethically correct. And they should be punished for it.

Lastly, I am not asking for RDT but I completely understand those who are asking for them and I do believe RDT are warranted.

Well said. What is the compensation??? I need at least signture stones. I would have never 99 AA. 😭
  • Options
    Stevo_0316Stevo_0316 Posts: 11
    edited May 2018
    Ok, this argument has has gotten out of hand my friends. Archangel isn't "nerfed", the only thing that changes about him is that he can't magically stun a stun immune/debuff immune. While some may feel like this is a "nerf", it isn't. Archangel's skill sets are debuff focused, therefore, you shouldn't magically think he is a valid option for a debuff immune node. For anyone that uses AA on stun immune & debuff immune fights, I can understand where you feel like it's BS. But there's plenty of answers to debuff/stun immune champs than the champ who's abilities require bleeding & posion.

That said tho, @Kabam Miike I don't think the agent venom example should fit because AA's bleed stacks are supposed to reduce tenacity abilities, (btw....does that affect any skill debuff shrug effect not just tenacity? If not it should). Just an example also, I think there's a lot of ppl that would like to get that synergy fix in AW, I believe that would drastically improve the diversification & make it more enjoyable.
    It Sometimes gives ppl impression that the fixes getting "pushed", aren't the ones we've been patiently waiting on, or the ones that are important to us. While I don't personally buy in to that conspiracy, I see where some would come to that conclusion.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    There is nowhere in his Abilities that specifies he will Stun regardless of Debuff Immunity. Nor does it render him any less useful. People are entitled to their feelings on the mistaken comment from Moderation, but I'm not entertaining for a second that people wouldn't have seen him as effective or worthy of Ranking had they known that wasn't intended.
  • Options
    I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    There is nowhere in his Abilities that specifies he will Stun regardless of Debuff Immunity. Nor does it render him any less useful. People are entitled to their feelings on the mistaken comment from Moderation, but I'm not entertaining for a second that people wouldn't have seen him as effective or worthy of Ranking had they known that wasn't intended.

For sure, this isn´t close to being worth giving out a rank down ticket. He is still super useful, the only problem I have is the mis communication, and if this will happen more frequently etc. I go to the forums for information, I would like the information I'm getting to be correct
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I have AA and i love him.... even with this “fix” really.....

There is an upside..... now you dont need to worry about his neurotoxin stunning an unstunnable BPCW and getting reflected and comboed into oblivion....
    Always look at the bright side..... lmao

While inagree that stunning unstunable was stupid and shouldnt have been allowed.
    I also feel it is terrible behavior of Kabam to earlier say this is not a bug and is working as intend yet now claim they have done this as a bug fix.
    Atleast have the balls to say this has been changed as a game balance issue....
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

For sure, this isn´t close to being worth giving out a rank down ticket. He is still super useful, the only problem I have is the mis communication, and if this will happen more frequently etc. I go to the forums for information, I would like the information I'm getting to be correct

Well, I can understand why that upsets people, but the Forum is also managed by Human Beings. As much as they strive to be accurate, mistakes are bound to happen from time to time. Perfection is impossible for Humans. People can be mistaken, no matter what position they hold. It's also worth pointing out that it doesn't happen very often, which is why the reaction is as it is.
    I don't believe that people Ranked AA for the bug alone, for the most part, simply because I have him and have had him for some time. I know his full use. If that's the case, I don't think they've spent enough time with him to fully understand his usefulness. To be honest, I wasn't even aware of the bypass until the fix, simply because I wasn't looking for it.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    There won’t be rdt’s for people who simply enjoyed the exploit.

But it's not an exploit if it's working as intended. Which is what Kabam Wolf explicitly stated in the post. Which is why everyone is so pissed - it's not the change itself, it's the way it was handled and the clear lack of integrity Kabam has when it comes to things like this. AND the lack of respect they obviously have for the players.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    wait, did you use AA's stun on stun immune champs? this is clearly an exploit of a bug, just hope kabam won't punish you
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    There won’t be rdt’s for people who simply enjoyed the exploit.

But it's not an exploit if it's working as intended. Which is what Kabam Wolf explicitly stated in the post. Which is why everyone is so pissed - it's not the change itself, it's the way it was handled and the clear lack of integrity Kabam has when it comes to things like this. AND the lack of respect they obviously have for the players.

Could and/or can any other champ with ability reduction abilities do this? If not... sounds like an exploit. 😉 if so, sounds like a unique alteration to AAs abilities.

FFS it doesn't matter what it 'sounds' like - Kabam Wolf said it wasn't a bug and it wasn't an exploit, because it was WORKING AS INTENDED.
  • Options
    IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    I'm not even mad that they changed this feature. I can live with it. I'm pissed because it was stated that it was intended. Now months later it gets a 180. This is just typical kabam. It sets a terrible precedent that any unique ability can be changed even if we are told it's working as intended. Btw please no rank down tickets. I just don't want to be lied to.
  • Options
    Irohr wrote: »
    I'm not even mad that they changed this feature. I can live with it. I'm pissed because it was stated that it was intended. Now months later it gets a 180. This is just typical kabam. It sets a terrible precedent that any unique ability can be changed even if we are told it's working as intended. Btw please no rank down tickets. I just don't want to be lied to.

What else that has been confirmed to be "working as intended" will magically become a bug or exploit? If the community is quietly accepting of such a flip-flop in game canon that was previously presented by game authorities, then they have free reign to do as they want at any time with no notice. None of your champs are safe, none of your resources (from the most generic to the most rare) may be used in an educated way to further grow your account.

Get over the minor change to the champ (because it is minor), and start looking at the bigger picture.
  • Options
    EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
    Bahamut wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Being able to stun an enemy who’s immune to stun is kind of stupid.

now, back to the original topic, let me offer a new point of view:
    one reason why people might be angry is because kabam choose to spend time/effort/resources on fixing these bugs instead of spending said time/effort/resources into fixing bugs that hinder us and/or otherwise are more important and should be higher on the priority list

I do agree with that. But I find it ridiculous that people are asking for AA specific rank down tickets because he’s got the same limitations as everyone else who can stun.

Are u really reading the same story? AA was used to bypass stun immune because his neurotoxins reduce ability accuracy. This is a mutant rank down ticket worthy. This is a giant change to a champ that had immunity limitations. Now this nerf removes him from god tier to demigod.

Is ability accuracy reduction supposed to affect immunities? No. Because if it did, Blade could make Ultron and Dormammu bleed.

In fact his stun is able to stun stun immune because it acts like a passive ability, in description Neurotoxin - passive. That way it does not act like the other stun in the game. You can stun stun immune even if AA is not awaken, when he gets the ability to reduce ability accuracy.
    The big deal here that is was a long time ago in the contest and all the progress that many people have been working on can be compromised, based on this behavior that was common