**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we talk about Magik "fix" or is it against ToS?

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
Just asking because Reddit is full of Magik topics and no such thing can be seen on the forum. People reporting that their threads have been deleted. What's up?

Comments

• Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    Agree, if it is a fix, at least let us know in advance.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    What Magik fix?Like SSM'S and Gwen's?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    They changed the way her L2 power steal works, supposedly making it impossible to keep the opponent powerlocked forever
    They changed the way her L2 power steal works, supposedly making it impossible to keep the opponent powerlocked forever

Yep,Nerfed her.I just got her :/
  • SateszSatesz Posts: 49
    That is just sad :( I´ve never complained about the Company, about the fact, that the game is clearly heading to a pay2win mode, or even about, that there are waaaaay toooo many game outages (dispite the fact, that People are spending thousands of Dollars on the game) I know we got some compensation, but actually who cares about that, but come on. Immedite Changes when a Player has Advantages (AA Nerf, Item farming in 1.1.5, now Magik "Fix"), and monthly long Code "analysing/reading" when a clearly BS Content Pops up (lagging, evade bug, Specials interrupted, duble dashback Problem (if you guys could remember, back then it was pretty serious) m.o.d.o.k autoblock and so on... ) As I wrote in the beginning, it´s just sad.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I laughed at the title hahaha
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Magik works.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    It’s just another example of immediately fixing something that benefits the players while bugs that earn them money (eg purchasing revives and pots for AW) go on unchecked for months. The whole “it’s not that easy to fix things” line shouldn’t fly any more. You may not be affected by this specific change, but every single blade owner should be petrified of any maintenance or update. You know he is on the block at this point.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Mine works fine but doesnt always do her power steal ability
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    This will be a controversial post in a couple of aspects, I have no doubt there will be some things players don't like/don't want to hear and some things Kabam wont like/want to hear (not that they're going to care) but I'll try and keep it clean, on topic and to the point. For starters, Magik fix wasn't a "bug" ... this isn't the same scenario as AA. Withe the AA "fix" we were told "It's an aspect of the character, he's working as intended and what occurs is an aspect of his debuff applications." - then they reversed their stance, fixed it and we were all told "Tough, deal with it."

That's not what this is, for a few reasons.
    1. We were never told "this is how Magik is intended"
    2. Magik's SP2 applies 'power steal' and 'power lock' - well, if the person has no power to steal... how do we gain/steal power?
    3. Magik's SP2 previously seemed to work in the context of 'power steal' and 'ability lock' with an added visual glitch where the person would gain power even though we wouldn't see it. This would cause us to steal all their power, lock them out of using abilities but while we hit them they'd still be generating power, again, for us to steal; resulting in a permanent lock.

So again, with all of the above in mind. This is not a "fix" - it's legit, this was a bug, from day one.... they resolved the issue, we're all butt hurt.

Now, am I upset? Yes. This has been a core factor of Magik since the beginning. This isn't new, there are PLENTY of videos showing this and plenty of conversations on here and Reddit talking about it. Kabam, honestly? What the ....? No, seriously. Don't be silent and answer this. I've acknowledged that it's not a 'bug' and that you never claimed it was working as intended...but Magik has been out since what, August of last year? This is exactly how she's worked from the beginning and you wont be able to convince ANYONE that you didn't know. You change it, without a word to anyone... remove threads and, WHEN/IF you do actually respond, wait for it... "This update merely fixed a longstanding issue with Magik that caused her power to work in ways never intended."

The Magik fix, sure, it was a bug, not a "bug". But as stated above, her character performed this way since day one, would it not make more sense to change 'power lock' to 'ability lock' and leave Magik as is? The opponent continues to generate power, but can't use abilities until the lock is released... this allows Magik to continue to steal and lock, as she's been doing since day 1, but also adds the risk that if someone messes up the SP2 lock they're getting hit with all the power they've forced the enemy to generate.

Honestly, I've said many times, here and on Reddit, you guys (Kabam) gets more flack than you deserve and sometimes it goes too far; but honestly? Sometimes it feels like you saw EA, Comcast and AT&T's reputation for transparency and customer service and your reply was "Hold my beer, I've got this..."

1.1.5 - fixed in what, like a day and a half?
    AA - reversed your position and then fixed in what, a week?
    Magik - SILENTLY fixed without any comment, after her character has been working this way since the beginning.
    Quake bug - again, what, not even a week?

IW Iron Man sound effect? Not fixed.
    Unannounced server issues and downtime? Not fixed.
    Evade Bug? Certainly not fixed overnight....
    Specials being interrupted and power being lost - STILL not fixed.

Don't bother asking guys - none of us will get rank down tickets for this. No compensations. No revert so she will stay the way she's been since day one... hey, if we're lucky maybe Kabam will tell us that after some long discussion, they've considered it and decided to not take action against us.

To top it all off you come out with an event DESIGNED at forcing your players to SPEND MONEY?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Every beneficial bug is fixed,Every detrimental one stays for long
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Oh do tell what rule my post violated and why it was removed form this thread.
    Oh do tell what rule my post violated and why it was removed form this thread.

They're butthurt
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    My only concern was the hush-hush nature of it...

I actually would like Kabam to fix all bugs like Blade turning off nodes and such. But do it in a timely manner and not wait until everyone starts thinking that this is just normal like AA and Magik users did.

They should have announced all changes too
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    I noticed no changes..... whats the nerf???
    Can't power steal out of nothing anymore,Wasn't even announced