**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Silent nerfs or fixes?

Comments

• Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    A 12.0 sequel is coming. Be prepared
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    k5l6fux1qiao.jpeg

The OG IM before pic is May 25th then after is yesterday after the update. I believe IM got a boost
  • fabbassfabbass Posts: 39
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm what happened to AA, Drax and Magik? It is really a bug? When it will be fixed?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    AA was a fix, and it was included in the Patch Notes. As for Drax and Magik, we don't know if any fix was pushed, but both cases were known bugs. Drax had speed that bypassed Astral, and Magik was bugged as well.
  • fabbassfabbass Posts: 39
    AA was a fix, and it was included in the Patch Notes. As for Drax and Magik, we don't know if any fix was pushed, but both cases were known bugs. Drax had speed that bypassed Astral, and Magik was bugged as well.

Are you Kabam Mike?
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Did they ever fix Magik sp1 acting as a debuff and not nullifying debuff immune champs?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

According to this:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72994/drax-nerf-no-more-a-mordo-killer-astra-evade-now-gets-him#latest

There was no change to Drax. It was all our old devices that had lower frame rates which allowed Drax to get his second hit in...

So the fact that Mordo is firing off his blast faster then Drax can land his second hit has nothing to do with it.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    silent nerf happens no one at kabam bats an eye....but when we talk about it kabam is like nope doesn't exist....
    This is why i don't wanna play anymore lol XD
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    New lows, @Kabam Miike

Dr. Zola
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    They are latching into this claim of a frame rate drop that they have fixed. I play on an iPhone 8+ used to play on a galaxy s6. If I have landed 1000 parry against a mordo he has astral evaded my drax 0.00 times. The rational does not add up or hold water or whatever you want to say. To be honest, this won’t impact me. My rank 4 drax will still kill techs and most other champs efficiently and tbh I probably will still use him against mordo cause his bleeds will still take him down in no time. The bigger issue is the dishonesty, the not mentioning it, the changing aa out of no where making him less effective, changing sym and Gwen’s evade to passive, etc.

Personally I have no faith that any champ in game is safe long term. I am at 95% act 5 with no motivation to finish because why bother taking anyone to rank 5 when tomorrow they can adjust the champ with no recourse. It sucks but it is what it is

That's just it right? Again broken trust in Kabam... I had thought about investing in Deadpool but now No way no how.

The fact is they made a change in the mechanics of the game (even if it is frame rate) which has had an extremely negative impact on champs and are basically brushing it off.

According to this:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72994/drax-nerf-no-more-a-mordo-killer-astra-evade-now-gets-him#latest

There was no change to Drax. It was all our old devices that had lower frame rates which allowed Drax to get his second hit in...

So the fact that Mordo is firing off his blast faster then Drax can land his second hit has nothing to do with it.

The point is Drax wasn't intended to bypass it.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

According to this:

sure so they say now, but where was this in the known bugs thread???? at least it's confirmed now that elektra and x23 are bugged as well.
    edited June 2018

According to this:

No, the point is that there was no transparency. When they fix or update a champ, they should be telling us about it, not do it on the sly. Patch notes mentioned AA 'fix', but all of these other fixes were not mentioned. Community trust is eroding because of this. regardless of whether so and so is or is not bugged or should or should not be fixed, they need to communicate with the community.

This community is very vocal, and with good reason, many people spend their hard earned money in the game. Therefore, if their investments are affected, they are understandably upset. kabam is not helping this relationship with the community by not acknowledging these things. If we need to have a discussion about the validity, let's have a discussion... instead of just telling us off unapologetically or worse, not saying anything at all as it has been in this case.

Moreover, how is the community supposed to know what is "intended" and what is not? I have always thought Drax medium bypassing astral evade was intended, and gave him a little more viability as a rank up option (especially in the days when mordo was a hard boss). You can't just change a champ and say it was "obviously" a bug that was not intended because no, it was NOT obviously a bug.
    Tempest wrote: »

According to this:

No, the point is that there was no transparency. When they fix or update a champ, they should be telling us about it, not do it on the sly. Patch notes mentioned AA 'fix', but all of these other fixes were not mentioned. Community trust is eroding because of this. regardless of whether so and so is or is not bugged or should or should not be fixed, they need to communicate with the community.

This community is very vocal, and with good reason, many people spend their hard earned money in the game. Therefore, if their investments are affected, they are understandably upset. kabam is not helping this relationship with the community by not acknowledging these things. If we need to have a discussion about the validity, let's have a discussion... instead of just telling us off unapologetically or worse, not saying anything at all as it has been in this case.

The community is vocal, period. It leaves very little room for anything. When there's a bug, people complain. When they fix it, they complain. If something isn't mentioned, they complain. If something is worded differently, they complain. Pretty much no getting around it. All you can do is try your best and respond when it falls short. Fixing a bug is doing their job, regardless of the Patch Notes.
    Tempest wrote: »

According to this:

The community is vocal, period. It leaves very little room for anything. When there's a bug, people complain. When they fix it, they complain. If something isn't mentioned, they complain. If something is worded differently, they complain. Pretty much no getting around it. All you can do is try your best and respond when it falls short. Fixing a bug is doing their job, regardless of the Patch Notes.

Yes, the community is vocal. The fact that it complains does not mean that it is right to ignore them, because they pay money. They should be doing their best and respond, but they are doing worse than before at doing this. Fixing a bug is doing their job and SO IS COMMUNICATING WITH PLAYERS. I believe that is what the moderator role was created for. It's not an easy job, but it is their job. I do feel sorry for the moderators, since they may not even be aware this happens. But now that people are talking about it, they should be checking with the game team on what they have been doing and tell them to stop pulling the rug out from under them (the mods). Something changes, people get annoyed, the mods get the heat.
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    So we make decisions on who to rank up, they determine there is a bug and fix it, which in turn makes the champion less effective... I play this game assuming champions are working as intended as we play the game, and make decisions as such. There should be a rank down option for impacted players for each of these so we have the choice to go a different direction with our resources.. or, we need a comment on the profile in game for each champion and it’s big that needs to be fixed so we know who’s bugged and who isn’t.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    I feel sorry for Kabam. That's all I will say. But just to be "constructive" perhaps it would be beneficial to actually listen to our concerns and incorporate them in a way that saves this game from becoming unplayable. Just my two cents.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    k5l6fux1qiao.jpeg

The OG IM before pic is May 25th then after is yesterday after the update. I believe IM got a boost

Unless this cost you items which it doesn’t, assume they will fix this shortly

Why u say that @Mcord117 IM deserves a boost anyways lol I sure hope it doesn’t get changed. He’s hitting like a tank today