**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stop making most new Champions OVERPOWERED!!!

Look, I'm all for new champs with cool new abilties, it keeps the game interesting and keeps everyone on their toes. HOWEVER, making every single new champion a one-man-army is getting out of hand. Iron Man Infinity War, Captain America Infinity War, Proxima midnight, oh, and now Domino, are just a few examples. If KABAM is going to keep adding these INSANELY overpowered champions for the top 1%, could we maybe get a few of our older (WORSE) champions buffed a little bit? It's getting difficult for a lot of us to keep up when the only people who get these new champs are those who literally just sit and grind arena for them all day, or those who just keep spending money until they get them. Please read and comment so we can find a reasonable solution!

Comments

• Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Do what that crystal whale dude does and you'll have him too.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I will agree this time only because they should be making their old champs like venom stronger first.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Eventually everyone gets every champ. You have four choices: you can grind for them, you can spend money trying for them, you can be patient, or you can be unhappy. Generally, I recommend option three.

Plus, I suspect you don't even have those champions, so you are judging them without being fully informed about them. None of those champions are or appear to be "overpowered" on offense, and they are only situationally strong on defense. If I ran into IMIW on a tier one node 38 I'm pretty sure I'd be stuck, but then again I don't have tier one skills and a tier one roster, I'm not in a tier one alliance, so I'm never going to see that.

You say it is difficult to "keep up." With who? If you're comparing yourself to players of similar progress level and game play, they are getting new champions about as often as you are. But if you are comparing yourself to the top players of the game, then I think you're overly optimistic: you aren't going to be able to keep up with them, nor was that ever a possibility. That's what it means for them to be the one percent, and the rest of us not.

You need to gauge your progress against your own goals, and pick reasonable goals to reach for. If you're going to be upset you cannot "keep up" with the one percent, the game isn't going to hand you a step ladder to reach them for free. I don't need to be among the top one percent of players to enjoy the game. You shouldn't either, unless it is actually within your capabilities of doing so.
  • Options
    KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    @SpiritOfVengeance definitely! Champions like Colossus, Kamala Khan, She-Hulk, Iron Fist, etc., all need to be buffed, soon if possible.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    GoldPool is brand new and looks pretty terrible.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 I'm not asking for a step ladder to reach to the top 1%. All I'm asking for is for not almost every single new champion to be god-tier. I don't mind each new champion having their own unique special abilities. Take Domino for instance. I completely agree she should be lucky and have certain abilities that come with her luck, but I personally think KABAM over-did her abilities, by a lot. Same with Iron Man Infinity War, he is arguably the best champion for war defense now because of his ridiculous ability to auto block every single attack coming his way. The only way to beat him when he's low on life is to use heavy attacks to break his block. But lets be honest here, how many heavy attacks do you REALLY use when fighting champs, especially in Alliance Wars? I personally think its getting out of hand with the insanely buffed champs, and it needs to stop! At least a little bit
  • Options
    @TitoBandito187 Like I said, "most new champs". Not every new champ is god-tier, but a very high percentage of them are.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    @KRONOSDOUBLE @TitoBandito187 is kinda wrong because goldpool does not count as he is a trophy champion.
  • Options
    @SpiritOfVengeance that's what I figured lol
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    ... HOWEVER, making every single new champion a one-man-army is getting out of hand...It's getting difficult for a lot of us to keep up when the only people who get these new champs are those who literally just sit and grind arena for them all day,

Just going by what was posted originally. Everyone willing to spin a crystal has a chance to get the new champs. Granted a terrible chance, but that’s how the game has worked since I started playing a little over a year ago. Those who have them are happy, those that don’t arent. If people are willing to spend ridiculous money to get these champs, they should have something better than those of us who don’t. That’s the incentive to spend which is what a business making a profit wants to happen.

• Options
    TaxTax Posts: 105
    "You say it is difficult to "keep up." With who? If you're comparing yourself to players of similar progress level and game play, they are getting new champions about as often as you are. But if you are comparing yourself to the top players of the game, then I think you're overly optimistic: you aren't going to be able to keep up with them, nor was that ever a possibility. "

This is it. Unless you spend you will never be able to keep up with the top.

But who cares? Does anyone really need to be the 'top' of a free to play time killer. Just play and have fun.
  • Options
    VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Yeah... Dr. Strange is very good champion.. and for years here he was bad after nerf.
    Domino is just so so hero... dont make it overpowered

Give more buff to Dr. Strange, Capt Marvel even Carnage
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Dr. Strange, Thor and SW need to be brought back up a little bit. Sad what they did to the best team there was!
  • Options
    @DNA3000 I'm not asking for a step ladder to reach to the top 1%. All I'm asking for is for not almost every single new champion to be god-tier.

If that is genuinely all you are asking for, then congratulations, you get what you want. It currently isn't true that almost every single new champion is god tier.

• Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    Proxima isn't hard though but Domino is another story..I hope I can get her in arenas
  • Options
    Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Eventually everyone gets every champ. You have four choices: you can grind for them, you can spend money trying for them, you can be patient, or you can be unhappy. Generally, I recommend option three.

Plus, I suspect you don't even have those champions, so you are judging them without being fully informed about them. None of those champions are or appear to be "overpowered" on offense, and they are only situationally strong on defense. If I ran into IMIW on a tier one node 38 I'm pretty sure I'd be stuck, but then again I don't have tier one skills and a tier one roster, I'm not in a tier one alliance, so I'm never going to see that.

You say it is difficult to "keep up." With who? If you're comparing yourself to players of similar progress level and game play, they are getting new champions about as often as you are. But if you are comparing yourself to the top players of the game, then I think you're overly optimistic: you aren't going to be able to keep up with them, nor was that ever a possibility. That's what it means for them to be the one percent, and the rest of us not.

You need to gauge your progress against your own goals, and pick reasonable goals to reach for. If you're going to be upset you cannot "keep up" with the one percent, the game isn't going to hand you a step ladder to reach them for free. I don't need to be among the top one percent of players to enjoy the game. You shouldn't either, unless it is actually within your capabilities of doing so.

It's interesting that you use the ability of the one percent, because this game is indeed like a capitalist society, where your success is not determined by what you do alone, but by what you do in relation to others.

New champs affect everything. They make their way into event quests, later chapters of story mode, AQ and especially AW. If you want to get past them you need newer champs that act as counters. This isn't about reaching an unchanging target, it's about having to work harder just to stay in the same place.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Eventually everyone gets every champ.

Still don't have a 4* Wolverine...

• Options
    @DNA3000 Domino, Iron Man Infinity War, Cap. America Infinity War, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Sabertooth, Bishop, Sentinels, and Killmonger are all the newest champs that have been released.

Domino, IMIF, CAIF are base level god tier champs. Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Bishop, Sabertooth, Sentinels, and killmonger, while they may not be god-tier right off the bat, can easily become god-tier just by using one or two of their unique synergy bonuses.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 Domino, Iron Man Infinity War, Cap. America Infinity War, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Sabertooth, Bishop, Sentinels, and Killmonger are all the newest champs that have been released.

Domino, IMIF, CAIF are base level god tier champs. Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Bishop, Sabertooth, Sentinels, and killmonger, while they may not be god-tier right off the bat, can easily become god-tier just by using one or two of their unique synergy bonuses.

Not really.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 If you aren't going to give a better explanation than that, I will have to assume you don't really know what you are talking about. If you haven't examined the synergies of each of those champions I have listed above, you may want to...
  • Options
    @DNA3000 If you aren't going to give a better explanation than that, I will have to assume you don't really know what you are talking about. If you haven't examined the synergies of each of those champions I have listed above, you may want to...

Since you've given no explanation for why you think any of these champs is god tier, I am free to assume likewise. At the moment, there's no specific case supporting the notion that all of those champs are god tier that I can counter. The only thing you're saying is that they are, because, for which the only appropriate response is, no, I don't think they are.

I'm fully aware of the abilities of those champs. For example, Corvus Glaive, while a strong champion, has a significant ramp up time due to many of his abilities being contingent on completing missions. If you're going to put Corvus Glaive into the hands of someone who can fully unlock him over a number of fights and judge him that way, I think in those same circumstances you have to compare him with similar ramp up champs like Morningstar, whom I think is at least as good if not better. And his unique synergies if I recall correctly are safeguard on special two and true strike, both of which are nice to have, but neither of which would propel a champion into the god tier. I'm curious to know what makes you think they do. Sentinel's unique synergies are also interesting but not transformative. And honestly I wouldn't even consider Sentinel what most would call demi-god tier either (I don't usually use that term myself) with or without synergies.

Of the three champs you straight up call god-tier champs, two of them I wouldn't: Captain America IW and Iron Man IW. IMIW in the right circumstances is a nasty defender, but I don't think he is quite as good as an attacker. CapIW is I think a good but not top tier champ. I can't judge Domino yet as I don't have any version of her to test.

Probably most directly relevant to the question of how critical it is to possess those champs, if Kabam had offered to lend them all to me as awakened 4/55 5* champs, I would not have replaced a single one of my uncollected Thanos team with any one of them, and that includes not only the 4/55s I actually used - Archangel, Blade, and Iceman - but also the two 5/50 4* champs I used - Gwenpool and Scarlet Witch. That doesn't mean any of them are bad, but it does mean none of them are as game changing as you seem to be implying.