**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Goldpool is Fool''s Gold

RyseRyse Posts: 181
Wasting around 2000 units on some gold and a 0.10% probability for a 5* is not a smart move.

Investing the same in 7 ultimate could atleast give you some 3* and 4* instead of gold, and maybe even a 5* with higher probability.

Your units are wasted away without any reason for all those who threw away thousands of them in search of "GoldFool".

Opinion of a new player since 2 months, can pay 50$ every day but dont want to, and I still waiting on my first 5*.

Comments

• Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    "Pools Gold", not Fools Gold.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Ryse wrote: »
    Wasting around 2000 units on some gold and a 0.10% probability for a 5* is not a smart move.

Investing the same in 7 ultimate could atleast give you some 3* and 4* instead of gold, and maybe even a 5* with higher probability.

Your units are wasted away without any reason for all those who threw away thousands of them in search of "GoldFool".

Opinion of a new player since 2 months, can pay 50$ every day but dont want to, and I still waiting on my first 5*.

Uh, are you talking yourself? Scolding yourself for buying units to try and get him?
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Thank you for the advice.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    As someone experiencing a gold shortage... I'll take the chance.
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

OP is right. All the low chance crystals are exceptional wastes of money. Your 200 units will average to a little over 50k gold so you are still getting ripped off. Can confirm as I bought plenty of them.

You should buy the offers, play more arena, and if you are doing donations then trade your chips for someone’s gold. Sell iso too and you’ll get there.

That being said, worth it does depending on your financial situation. Still a ripoff imo.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    BigTime wrote: »

OP is right. All the low chance crystals are exceptional wastes of money. Your 200 units will average to a little over 50k gold so you are still getting ripped off. Can confirm as I bought plenty of them.

You should buy the offers, play more arena, and if you are doing donations then trade your chips for someone’s gold. Sell iso too and you’ll get there.

That being said, worth it does depending on your financial situation. Still a ripoff imo.

I'm not saying its not a ripoff. Every crystal you spend units on is a gamble and usually a rip off. I've played this game long enough to know that. This is me trying for goldpool, knowing my consolation prize is gold as opposed to more 3* or 4* shards.

4,800 is the lowest prize. 10 crystals of it is 200 units, so 48,000. approx 50k is the lowest ill get, ive opened plenty of 10k and I have 3 gold tickets.
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    kon2gz2v2wbu.png
  • Options
    PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164

I know the feeling. However, the Goldpool crystals seem to have worse drop rates. I have opened quite a few and then I opened the same number of normal gold crystals from my crystal stash. 9 out of 10 times (100 Goldpool and 100 normal each time) I got more gold out of the normal crystals.

The Goldpool ones are there if you are looking for the 5 star Goldpool or the gold ticket, which is fine I guess. But if collecting gold for champ progression is your gold I think the normal crystals are still a better option.
  • Options
    YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    nl8p8mceowdk.png
    ashuchsztee1.png
  • Options
    YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    I’ve bought a total of 21 crystals. Two sets of 10 and 1 single crystal. Take the chance
  • Options
    ZawstysZawstys Posts: 17
    Ryse wrote: »

I popped 5 crystals and got him.
  • Options
    ZawstysZawstys Posts: 17
    Fluffy wrote: »
    Been here for a whole 2 months and no 5*? Damn...that's crazy. I got my first 5* on my 3rd day.
    I got my first 5* after a year. Not all of us starting playing when 5*s were so accessible.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    btw, it was said like a month ago that you need to have 5k prestige or something like that to be able to buy a 5*, couse otherwise getting a 5* would break gameplay. so now I wonder, as anyone can get this goldpool even in first day, does it mean we will not see limits like those in future?
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Aleor wrote: »
    btw, it was said like a month ago that you need to have 5k prestige or something like that to be able to buy a 5*, couse otherwise getting a 5* would break gameplay. so now I wonder, as anyone can get this goldpool even in first day, does it mean we will not see limits like those in future?

With dark artifacts you could not use cash. With crystal shard offers, daily cards and crystals for units you can.

I think you can see where this is going...
  • Options
    Goldpool is easy to get, just make sure you are a content creator on youtube for kabam and they flip the odds in your favor
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I'm not trying to get really get him but am popping them here because I really needed gold and had some units to spare and usually do anyway and don't really have anything I want to use any on until further down the line.

Might not have gotten him but I did pull a 100k from one today which was incredibly helpful to me and my alliance.

It's up to people wether or not to drop a lot just for the chance to get him or just for the gold you can get instead of getting him, because who knows maybe you could get lucky
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    There is really something that this game knows more about. I have a 3 month old another small account which I rarely use. A level 14 account. Had 120 units in it. So just thought to see what gold pool crystals offer. I opened 5 crystals and boom I get a goldpool ticket. This is so nuts. On my main account I have opened like 800 units. Nothing but gold.

grvzdqp0jn9t.jpg