**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabams failure costing alliances

MninobodyMninobody Posts: 199 ★★
Kabam, your failure to do deu diligence in character development and how they will interact with Alliance War is costing so many alliances potions, revives, units and cash. I won’t say this is your intention as I feel your interest is growing the game, not turning people off from playing. I do feel it is your lack of knowledge in character abilities and interaction in some forms of the game. For instance

Signature Ability: Deflector Protocol

Once per fight, Iron Man’s Model 50 suit executes an emergency protocol if attacked while 15% Health or less remains, creating a hardened exterior by instantly granting 8 stack(s) of Molecular Armor.
While 15% Health or less remains and Iron Man is under the effects of an Armor effect, the suit generates 6.6% Power per second and has a 100% chance to Auto-Block attacks without consuming Armor. This Auto-Block triggers Parry.

That sig ability along with node (not 38) which gives 100% powergain so IWIM gets 12% powergain per second in addition to not being able to hit him because of sig ability and node armor up under 25% hp.
So IWIM ends up with constantantly throwing specials, literally until block damage takes 100% health, and even the .2 second opening he can’t be hit.
So kabam, through your development process and game interaction process. How did you feel this defender would interact on this node? People talk about 38 but 38 is a cake walk in comparison.
12% powergain per second, cannot punish specials because he is at another by the end of long first special motion and cannot be hit except by maybe 3-5 characters in the game if, that’s if, he doesn’t just continuously throw specials. I hope your idea is not having to rely on your RNG to pull one of the 3-5 characters who can bypass the autoblock?
Please have an open dialogue about what your new team of defenders are doing to our game play experience.

Comments

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    It can be beat without armor break characters.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Are you talking about 44? he's a joke on there
    edited June 2018
    danielmath wrote: »

I think he's referring to 46, which also not too hard there.
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »

I think he's referring to 46, which also not too hard there.

46? LOL!
    edited June 2018
    Mninobody wrote: »
    It’s not the armor break or true strike to bypass parry I think they are having the problem with. It’s 12% power gain per second. So that means he stays procing specials with no opening to attack.
    I see @danielmath is laughing and these are such jokes to him. How about you offer something besides LOL as such an experienced attacker versus him on nodes that are on opposite ends of the map since you cover them all.

@danielmath will respond with "5/65 Morningstar with 5 souls active".

As for my answer, any strong attacker that you can save hard hitting special to smash BEFORE iwim gets to 15% or below health.

If stuck with IWIM at or below 15% health, heavy intercept heavy and evade/block specials.
    edited June 2018
    It’s not the armor break or true strike to bypass parry I think they are having the problem with. It’s 12% power gain per second. So that means he stays procing specials with no opening to attack.
    I see @danielmath is laughing and these are such jokes to him. How about you offer something besides LOL as such an experienced attacker versus him on nodes that are on opposite ends of the map since you cover them all.

Watch some videos, there's tons of stuff out there about him. Luhdemtaters is a youtuber who should have node 46 iwim fight uploaded soon.

Just in general though - people complain anytime a new defender is introduced. Don't people want to be challenged and to have to figure out solutions to tough fights? Isn't that what makes the game fun?
    Voluntaris wrote: »

@danielmath will respond with "5/65 Morningstar with 5 souls active".

As for my answer, any strong attacker that you can save hard hitting special to smash BEFORE iwim gets to 15% or below health.

If stuck with IWIM at or below 15% health, heavy intercept heavy and evade/block specials.

That works as well (though to be fair, i technically haven't fought him in that scenario)
    I have had IWIM on 44 the last 2 wars and I didn’t have a problem with him but I did die once each time. I like the challenge and don’t have a problem with “challenge” I am not complaining about the defender in general. I am discussion how the node interacts with abilities. And how you only have a small % of champs who can counter that no matter how much skill you have.
    There is no “skill” that passes through 100% autoblock parry, there is no “skill” that stops a 12% powergain per second. Those are certain champs, a very few of them and none of them have both abilities built into their mechanics to counter both of the issues going on on that node. I accept your advice to watch out for future videos from someone but as I mentioned previously, your dismissive comments caused me to believe you had some answers.
    My point is this, taking skill out of the equation in AW is not a good practice for future game play. But if you know a skill than can bypass 100% autoblock besides waiting for Hyp to get his sp3 which isn’t a skill but a character ability like true strike, or someone who can stop powergain at 12% per second not being able to touch the champ (besides OG vision and Doc oc both abilities and no skill) please feel free to offer that up so I can help my mates with the information.

Heavy counter is the most common probably to counter the autoblock, or champs with unblockable specials (morningstar of course the best one)
This discussion has been closed.