**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I save for a featured 5* crystal?

Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
This is what my 5* roster looks like now:
Rocket Raccoon (duped)
Ronan
Ant-Man
Gwenpool
Venompool
Ultron
Doc Oc
Kingpin
Beast
Punisher 2099

Thanks

Should I save for a featured 5* crystal? 67 votes

Save for the featured
13%
SpeedbumpGNASTYCoderKnight69Icecold2099DRTOshashankchromespaceoctopusFhfjghhggggjfhfjgTheSpicyKnight 9 votes
Keep popping basics
86%
ThatweirdguyShrimkinsCeeJaysfu_koraxLoPrestivg2782buffajrStefanjonesItay1234212SIlverProfessorJets44GDEVIL69_HollowbornVivek_7861966SGRichTheManmbarry58Jim0172MikeyBoi69Stark78Alfa 58 votes

Comments

• Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Keep popping basics
    Open up basics. If there’s a certain champ that’s not in the basic, just wait for them to do added
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Keep popping basics
    You’re just as likely to get poo for a featured... at 1.5x the cost. Features are diluted now... as compared to the 20% chance that used to be there a couple months back.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Just keep taking the rubbish. More champs are probably better for you at this point for arenas.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    open the 10k and save 5k 5* shards in disappointment
  • Options
    Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Save for the featured
    I only have 10 five star champs and i opened 2 featured this month. Got SIM and Gulk. I opened 1 basic and got Gambit. It all depends on what you want. I really wanted killonger so i went for featured.

Next featured with cap IW, iron man IW, domino, corvus, masacre, and whoever the next one are i think will be worth it again. Plus there may be some other good champs in there as well like a dr. voodoo, magik, stark spidey, etc...

If i could pull a 5* capIW or domino I'd be in heaven. Lol

It's all about who you want. If you're going for a specific champ in the featured go for it. The chances for that champ are higher in that crystal than in the basic.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Decided to open a basic, pulled 5* Luke Cage! Pretty happy about that.
    I think I'm gonna wait till the next featured 5* crystal, try to pull myself a Domino :smiley:
    Thanks for the input everyone!
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Hadn't tried a new featured crystal since the change. First attempt and rolled Ghulk. I dont regret it and might even try the new pool of featureds.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    My last 3 were featured (Hulkbuster and 2x Rogue).

The cost is 50% higher, but the risk of getting garbage is significantly less. So for me, it's worth it.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Save for the featured
    Just depends on your luck. Like you my basic 5* luck is pretty bad, only good champs I ever got from basics were Magik and crossbones. Everyone else was garbage. But from features I've gotten (in this order) Hype, cable, Elektra, the hood and hulk Ragnarok.
  • Options
    GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Save for the featured
    @Miike_Huntz how’d you get that sabretooth if only popping basics; I presume grinding arena? Also, any regrets ranking him R4? I’m about to R4 mine in a week or two.
  • Options
    Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    Keep popping basics
    GNASTY wrote: »
    @Miike_Huntz how’d you get that sabretooth if only popping basics; I presume grinding arena? Also, any regrets ranking him R4? I’m about to R4 mine in a week or two.

I got lucky on a crystal.

I personally love him and have no regrets. The only thing I hate is starting off with 3 charges when questing. It means I have to start the ramp up again.
  • Options
    GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Save for the featured
    Thanks @Miike_Huntz.

Nice. I got lucky on my last featured crystal as well. I also really enjoy using him and agree with what you said. Plus not many champs are resistant to sheer unadulterated raw damage.

I plan to definitely proceed to rank him.

Also, with pertinence to the topic, the reason I decided to spend on the featured crystal (which I pulled Sabretooth) is because I have roughly 30 5* champs, most being junk. Does me little good to keep pulling garbage from th regular crystals to keep adding to the junk pile. Featured is the only way I’m going moving forward.
  • Options
    DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Keep popping basics
    I only pop basics.

My last three were Yondu, Sentry, Iceman.

Take away from that whatever you will.

My roster:

bgcj9f8xeaab.png

EDIT: "I only pop basics, but whale on FGMCs"

OP: You're new enough to the 5* pool that basics are probably the way to go for now, unless there is a featured champ that you really, REALLY want. You've got some awesome 5* already so I'd solve for depth right now.
  • Options
    Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    edited June 2018
    Keep popping basics
    Dizzy wrote: »
    I only pop basics.

My last three were Yondu, Sentry, Iceman.

Take away from that whatever you will.

My roster:

bgcj9f8xeaab.png

EDIT: "I only pop basics, but whale on FGMCs"

OP: You're new enough to the 5* pool that basics are probably the way to go for now, unless there is a featured champ that you really, REALLY want. You've got some awesome 5* already so I'd solve for depth right now.

Yes, because getting 3 5*s from crystals is whaling.

Not that I mind the term, I would be ecstatic to have that much disposable income. It's just simply not true.

I wish I was a whale.

Edit: Your edit of my post is grammatically incorrect. Please be more considerate in the future.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Keep popping basics
    Only players who don't need any champs from the basics should pop the featured. They are not worth the extra 5k IMO