**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

WAR TIER/RANK DROPPINGS

Last week, We were dropped in War ranking/tier by points deduction. I tried to find out why? But I get the same cookie cutter answer email. Want to know how or why we got dropped. Allegedly for violation of terms... I asked who violated & when? No answer. Being in the lower tiers notice a huge amount of strong allies some a lot stronger... so i wonder why so many are there? What's going on??

Please help.

Comments

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Not every strong alliance in lower tiers is there because of being penalized. We are a 13.5mil alliance in Gold 2 because we are newer and so we had to climb up. We'll probably be plat next season, but just couldn't get there this time. Just a consideration.
  • 7slayerMDK7slayerMDK Posts: 18
    Doesn’t even matter because this is the wrong, backwards thinking. All this does is create easy mismatches. We have, the last 4 wars faced these teams. Average 5mill high with lofty rosters
    7slayerMDK wrote: »
    Doesn’t even matter because this is the wrong, backwards thinking. All this does is create easy mismatches. We have, the last 4 wars faced these teams. Average 5mill high with lofty rosters

And my point is you don't know if they were demoted or if they recently formed as a new alliance and just haven't risen to a high tier yet. On our way up, we often got mismatched wars against say an 8mil alliance because of our war tier and war rating.
  • Gorilla508Gorilla508 Posts: 24
    My alliance is a family of alliance and we are a steppingstone alliance and we are a 9mill alliance in gold 2 we are pretty laid back and don’t want the grind of 5x5 plat 3 any more so we all came down here to help lower players get higher in our family of alliances that happens a lot man
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/75680/war-matchups-war-system-issue#latest

this thread may help highlight how matchmaking works and some problems created by it....
  • 7slayerMDK7slayerMDK Posts: 18
    DukeZman wrote: »

And my point is you don't know if they were demoted or if they recently formed as a new alliance and just haven't risen to a high tier yet. On our way up, we often got mismatched wars against say an 8mil alliance because of our war tier and war rating.

Duke, 18mill, 17 mill and 19mill isn’t a newly formed alliance brother. Nice try though
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

You can look at the alliance creation date to see how long an alliance has been around
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Look at the alliance creation date if it's a newly formed alliance it will be less than 2 months old
    Dropfaith wrote: »

Duke, 18mill, 17 mill and 19mill isn’t a newly formed alliance brother. Nice try though

I could form an 18m allaince tomorrow.. my current allaince just moves to a new name tada

That's what we had to do. Our old alliance leader kicked everyone overnight about 5 months ago so we had to round everyone up via Line and start fresh with me leading. So that could conceivably happen to a much higher alliance. But yes @Dshu , checking creation date will tell whether that was the case.
  • Jes_Pa_1Jes_Pa_1 Posts: 6
    Thanks for the feed back guys.. but it Doesn't answer my questions. We were tier 8 at end of a war defeat, then I got a message about terms violation, said we're penalized... I went to check, we were at tier 5?? Like whaaat? Then few hours later it's tier 15?!! I thot it may have been a mistake...I messaged and message kabam... Nothing back but a cookie cutter answer.
    So that's why I ask about it.
    Could it be in relation to the whole collusion conspiracy?
    And a leader of another ally, talking about a merger, since we had low numbers, he said the same thing happen to his ally.. all of sudden they're lowered.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Kabam doesn’t take any action without a thorough investigation. It sounds like someone in your alliance was cheating and you got penalized for it. Sucks that one person can screw things up for your whole alliance but it happens.

Also they will never discuss actions taken on accounts on forums so if you’re looking for an official response regarding what happened to you, you won’t find answers here.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Someone in your alliance cheated or piloted, good luck finding out who though as kabam will do nothing to punish them indinvidually probs
    Yea.. I figured i won't get anything here.. just wondering if something similar happened to others as well.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Someone in your alliance cheated during the war or was caught pilioting or both which is the only reason kabam would take your alliances rating from you and they aren't going to tell you who.

If they hacked the war or account sharred then they're going to get banned eventually if they do it enough and kabam has enough evidence on them.

I would keep an eye on your members and keep an eye on their activities, their champions, their titles, their champions in war and what they do during the war with said champions.

If they're pilioting then it's harder to find out and kabam will have to do something about it, they won't answer you here in detail here or on their support and there's not much you can do.
    Thank you. I know it sucks they don't tell us.