**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Release AQ Sentinels as playable champions

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
I like the different class Sentinels in AQ very much, they are fun to fight with and they have really good abilities. I think it would be nice if the other non-Tech Sentinels could become playable as well.

Maybe make a special Sentinel crystal. The shards could be collected through KOing Sentinels in AQ and completing AQ. I don't know, like 50 shards per Sentinel and 250 when you completed an AQ, depending on difficulty and map. Players complain AQ is not rewarding enough so that deals with that.

I do think if they become playable, there should be some nerfs (like 100% chance to Nullify/Purify/Bleed with every attack, seriously?). Probably some more tweaks are necessary, but they are pretty good champions in general.

Note: I know Sentinels are a much hated part of AQ and probably players will dislike my suggestion because of that. But reverse: if you could be in control of such Sentinel, you would love it. If there are things that should change to the playable version, post it.

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Mhykke wrote: »
    I don't dislike your suggestion b/c sentinels are hated in AQ (and they are, for me at least...boring and plenty of them)...I dislike your suggestion because it would basically mean the game would have 6 of a champion with the same skin and move set (even with different abilities).

I don't think carbon copy champs would improve the game.
    AQ Sentinels are less carbon copy than the cash-grab Goldpool. At least AQ Sentinels make sense comics-wise (Sentinels are known for their adaptive abilities, so a Sentinel for each class is logical) while this Goldpool is just entirely made-up.

I do think you overrate skin. Like, most champions have the same moves, the same back-flip or uppercut as heavy etc. Sentinels are entirely unique in their moves so having six of those with all the same skeleton but class-specific abilities are a good addition to the game.
  • MaldorovMaldorov Posts: 19
    edited June 2018
    The idea of them being playable in each class isn't so great, everyone hates to fight them because they're annoying and in aw that would dramatically increase because of the nodes they could be placed on and more so annoying in the higher tier alliances. So ok idea, but really bad turnout.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Maldorov wrote: »
    The idea of them being playable in each class isn't so great, everyone hates to fight them because they're annoying and in aw that would dramatically increase because of the nodes they could be placed on and more so annoying in the higher tier alliances. So ok idea, but really bad turnout.

Oh no, I certainly DO NOT wish to see them in AW Defense, especially the RED one (Skill Sentinoids) ... :D .... even after it was nerfed a bit
  • SuvenduSuvendu Posts: 177
    Sentinels actually easy to kill... with x23 kicks in 5 stacks of cruelty.. kills sentinels way easily
  • don't know.....hard feelings on it... would be nice to use those abilities but defends if pain in the arse
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    They need to just reduce the number of sentinels by half.

they have made AQ painfully tedious
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    ..... Sentinels are entirely unique in their moves so having six of those with all the same skeleton but class-specific abilities are a good addition to the game.

Disagree 1000%

One playable Sentinel is enough.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    nope it's not good we don't need 10 sentinels in crystals if they wanna do it they make it only gettable by offers $$$$$ so you can buy them if u love them
    Maldorov wrote: »
    Hey I know you would say that that's why I also put in the OP this:
    Note: I know Sentinels are a much hated part of AQ and probably players will dislike my suggestion because of that. But reverse: if you could be in control of such Sentinel, you would love it. If there are things that should change to the playable version, post it.
    I don't expect the playable Sentinels to be an exact copy of the AQ Sentinels. Of course they need balancing. So please make some suggestions to make them better.
    Suvendu wrote: »
    Sentinels actually easy to kill... with x23 kicks in 5 stacks of cruelty.. kills sentinels way easily
    That's because Kabam nerfed their AI after complaints.
    MikeHock wrote: »
    ..... Sentinels are entirely unique in their moves so having six of those with all the same skeleton but class-specific abilities are a good addition to the game.

Disagree 1000%

There are five versions of Iron Man and Spider-Man in the game. Six Sentinels won't be that exceptional. But at least you know it won't be more than six. Kabam can add IM's and SP's ad infinitum but nobody complains about that.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★

Disagree 1000%

There are five versions of Iron Man and Spider-Man in the game. Six Sentinels won't be that exceptional. But at least you know it won't be more than six. Kabam can add IM's and SP's ad infinitum but nobody complains about that.

4 iron men
    4 captain America
    2 Cyclops
    5 Spider people
    2 colossus
    3 Thor
    2 Normal Osborn
    4 Deadpool (Venom, red, gold XF)
    2 cloned Carol Danver Marvel
    2 visions
    2 Ultron
    3 Wolverines plus weapon X
    Phoenix and Dark
    •4 Bruce Banner counting Maestro
    •Plus Red and She Hulk
    A total 4 instances of Venom
    2 Groot
    2 Thanos
    2 (really 3) black panthers
    2 Punishers
    Sentry and Void

Is it too late for a gear system?
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

Disagree 1000%

4 iron men
    (...)
    •Plus Red and She Hulk
    Iron Man OG, Superior Iron Man, Iron Man (Infinity Wars), Hulkbuster and War Machine (which is just a modified IM suit with a different dude underneath). I count five. Of all five, only one isn't bad.

Abomination is also a Hulk-type of champion, so seven Hulks. Yes, six Sentinels won't even be a record!

Disagree 1000%

4 iron men
    (...)
    •Plus Red and She Hulk
    Iron Man OG, Superior Iron Man, Iron Man (Infinity Wars), Hulkbuster and War Machine (which is just a modified IM suit with a different dude underneath). I count five. Of all five, only one isn't bad.

Abomination is also a Hulk-type of champion, so seven Hulks. Yes, six Sentinels won't even be a record!

Well Abomination is like calling Agent Venom Spider-Man symbiote
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    and add more cyclops, like green, yellow, orange, black, white... well, you got it

Disagree 1000%

4 iron men
    (...)
    •Plus Red and She Hulk

Well Abomination is like calling Agent Venom Spider-Man symbiote
    Abomination was created the same way as Hulk, just more ugly. Hulk and Abomination have very similar abilities and animations for a reason.
    Aleor wrote: »
    and add more cyclops, like green, yellow, orange, black, white... well, you got it
    Except Sentinels are comic-wise adaptable with no fixed abilities, while adding more Cyclops won't change the thing with his eyes.

Disagree 1000%

4 iron men
    (...)
    •Plus Red and She Hulk
    I'm mistaken, Iron Patriot is also a form of Iron Man, which adds it up to six. Civil Warrior technically to, but he's so different ability-wise.
    I have to disagree with you. Venom has all the powers of Spider-Man which technically would make Agent Venom symbiote Spider-Man

Calling 2 people with similar origins the same character is just not right

I mean Antman and the Wasp?