**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Balancing Infinity War Iron Man

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
I’m usually against nerfing but I do support balancing. That being said I’m here to suggest various buffs to other champions with 1 small “nerf” to IMIW

So firstly let’s get the elephant out of the room. What’s my “nerf” to Infinite Iron?
Make his specials more punishable. As is the only way to punish his specials is to use unstoppable which ultimately isn’t a real punish as you still take huge damage from the attack and resulting Debuff. Ending lag to reward the other champion for successfully avoiding damage and a moment to safely punish the tin can like you’re standing on Titan

(Plausible adjustment to make the auto block below 15% require 2 to avoid the possibility of auto-death)
(Plz fix stand your ground parrying heavy attacks)
(Maybe: Shorten the reach of the last hit in the heavy attack for more consistent heavy countering)

As for buffs to other champions which could make him more bearable to worse rosters:

Killmonger: the previous suggestion would allow all the buff needed

Karnak: Karnak is in need of a Damage buff. My suggestion would be to have his focus recharge also include (at least) true accuracy or the full true strike. As for the damage boost his Sp1 could substitute as a refresh to both the precision and gain true strike (being either a temporary upgrade to true accuracy or speeding up true strike refresh) while also giving a 10 second passive fury around 80% attack. (Angela works with this set up and allows Karnak to stick out more as a defensive-champ killer)

Other champion specific buffs that would prove viable additions against Infinite Iron deserve a full revamp too long for here but I’ll be working on soon. The current suggestions are simply to make 1 champion better and bring Infinite Iron more into more vulnerable positions as with other champions and making him less “auto-death”

Comments

• Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Please note this is all constructive. Aside from potentially changing his signature to prevent automatic death from randomly getting a Molecular Armor ( the game still counts node armor as molecular armor and it should really get a new buff similar to Spirit Venom or black iso or thunderquak)

You’d still need a very high guard below 15% to notice 1 M-Armor and keep your distance to not trigger another one

The only other Chanel’s recommended directly at IM-IW is to add ending lag to specials to make him more approachable. Potentially not even lag but him moving closer or sliding back less
    Side note:
    Stand your ground mastery interacting with parry could also be removed to prevent cheap deaths in all auto block defenders as it completely shuts down counter play to the ability
    You gotta learn how to defeat him, not ask for a nerf, my iron man almost never gets a kill

The only actual nerf I could see inplinebted would be the ending lag. The rest is mostly preventing automatic M-Armor deaths

As for Karnak that was an idea for an additional counter (which if you ask me budding other champs with newer abilities is only a good thing in this glorified arms race)
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Just so you know, you can punish the sp1
    There's a very specific timing you need to be able to, but it's possible
    Also, just because you're unstoppable doesn't mean you can't just block the attack
    You don't need to take a lot of damage or shock/incinerate
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Also, just because you're unstoppable doesn't mean you can't just block the attack

That Sp1 has nearly no punish. I’ve done it but the timing is ridiculous given everything else he has. And blocking the attack defeats the purpose of trying to punish him.
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

That Sp1 has nearly no punish. I’ve done it but the timing is ridiculous given everything else he has. And blocking the attack defeats the purpose of trying to punish him.

If you're unstoppable, it doesn't matter if you're blocking or not. Saying that you need to take the damage and the debuff is just wrong, you can block the attacks and you won't move, exactly the same as if you aren't blocking.

And how does blocking the attack defeat the purpose of trying to punish him? If you're unstoppable, there's no kickback when the block gets hit and you can just punch him in the face. Why do you think Killmonger's unstoppable charges on block work?

If you're unstoppable, it doesn't matter if you're blocking or not. Saying that you need to take the damage and the debuff is just wrong, you can block the attacks and you won't move, exactly the same as if you aren't blocking.

And how does blocking the attack defeat the purpose of trying to punish him? If you're unstoppable, there's no kickback when the block gets hit and you can just punch him in the face. Why do you think Killmonger's unstoppable charges on block work?

I don’t know. Don’t have Killmonger at all and Archangel just kills him. Long multi-hitting specials allow Archangel to just melt people by blocking. Didn’t even know Killmonger had unstoppable.

I don’t know. Don’t have Killmonger at all and Archangel just kills him. Long multi-hitting specials allow Archangel to just melt people by blocking. Didn’t even know Killmonger had unstoppable.

Alright fair enough
    Just learn how unstoppable works, because you can punish a lot easier with it
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    LOL. You can punish his SP1. You just haven't got the timing right.
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    Y'all remember when Mordo came out and everyone was like, "AW is impossible with Mordo"?

Now, Mordo is like, "meh..."
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    If his auto block can stop triggering mid multi hit special, that'd be great
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    If his auto block can stop triggering mid multi hit special, that'd be great

But then it wouldn't be autoblock lol
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Encountered Iron Man IW a few times in AW, still hate to come up to this guy especially his Armor Up. Start getting used to evade his unblockable SP1 since it may not be too easily to push him over to SP2 yet bait him before overrun to SP3. Still, alot of getting used to.

Darned, after getting used to Juggy, NC, Mordo, BPCW, Medusa, Modok, etc .... now have to worry about Iron Man IW, Domino Pizza, etc ....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Finally champs are appearing that the trinity have some problems steamrolling over and you guys are complaining? lolol
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    remember people were complaining about medusa and also Moodok at first, just practice and get used to it not every champ need nerf, its like people complain about champs being boring and trash and when kabam make a champ that's good everyone complain saying hes too OP, how about practice and adjust every champ In the game has some counter,.
    remember people were complaining about medusa and also Moodok at first, just practice and get used to it not every champ need nerf, its like people complain about champs being boring and trash and when kabam make a champ that's good everyone complain saying hes too OP, how about practice and adjust every champ In the game has some counter,.

Except Mordo did get balanced eventually. And Medusa has phases of safe and unsafe

Mordo also didn’t hit hard and his specials were punishable without near frame perfect timing. I’m mostly just trying to adjust the ending lag to his specials which are about as tight as Kabam’s wallet
    i get what you're saying however i don think IMIW hits hard at all its just his auto block is annoying but if you have proxima or Corvus Glaive you can get around that cap IW is also a good option but as for as hitting hard IMIW is def not in the convo.
    i get what you're saying however i don think IMIW hits hard at all its just his auto block is annoying but if you have proxima or Corvus Glaive you can get around that cap IW is also a good option but as for as hitting hard IMIW is def not in the convo.

Think you can spare either of them?
    I have a 4 star corvus Glaive I solo a few IMIW in war just parry and attack ill let you borrow him( only if trading champs was an option ). but all jokes aside I get what you're saying but to be honest most games I play always have that one champ that's hard to beat if you don't have the right champ.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Ive destroyed every ironman in war except on one specific node I had issues with yesterday.....

Optimist 100% power gain. He’s a pain in the booty there. Every where he’s at easy peezee. Just be aware of what he’s got in armor and intercept his heavy with your heavy below 15% health.
  • BISØNBISØN Posts: 4
    I don’t see what the problem is (facepalm). I went in with Jane Foster and SIM and was able to heavy intercept without a problem. You need practice or/and a better device. It’s not as difficult as you make it seem. Go watch them YouTube videos and learn a thing or two.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    He is balanced. I have killed several in war without dying.

Git Gud. It’s really that simple