**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Trading In Game Resources And Items

Agent_MoonAgent_Moon Posts: 49
edited June 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Dear Kabam,
This is my humble request to you that you please bring a new feature “Trading” in which we can trade, e.g give someone a Signature stone or awakening gem of the same tier and take a signature stone or awakening gem of a different class, also this can be the case for ISO 8, catalysts and other resources etc.

The advantages of this are:
1. It will make it easier for players to interact and improve their game with just some help
2. They would not need to grind too much for that specific resource

I know this can be too easy for summoners who just began or even pro players while trading so ways to execute this kind of a feature is by having LIMITS. The amount of ISO-8 or any other resource and the type u trade is limited and there is a cool down timer for it, the higher the VALUE of the item is the less u can trade the longer it’s cool down, and you can make some items not tradable.

I hope that the Kabam team responds to this

Regards,
Agent_Moon

Comments

• Options
    helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90
    how about no
  • Options
    @helloguys why not?
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Search up past posts about trading resources @Agent_Moon , and see if you can directly counter those arguments
  • Options
    @ShadPrince if u don’t mind, please send me links to those arguments
  • Options
    helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90
    It can be exploited easily.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ok I read about it, and I understand how easily exploitable it is but how about only trading on for iso 8 t3cc nothing above that and only a few items, the second account one, that is pretty exploitable, but to get away from it is that only players above level 50 or 60 can trade and only with their alliance members who are also above level 50 or 60
  • Options
    Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    It’s simply impossible. Trading is way to exploitable and leads to scamming. The games that do implement trading systems ether have a toxic community of scammers, or heavily regulate the trading so much that its basically just what Mcoc currently has (Aka gifting)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Cryptic_Cobra to counter that is both players have to put in the same item at the same time and then it will switch, unlike gifting
    There will also be a timer to trade, one minute ,If the other player does not have the item then the trade cancels
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Agent_Moon wrote: »
    @Cryptic_Cobra to counter that is both players have to put in the same item at the same time and then it will switch, unlike gifting
    Why would you trade the same item to someone that They give you? That’s not trading that’s just passing a ball back and forth.
  • Options
    @Cryptic_Cobra I meant the same value like t3 iso 8 but of a different class, get it
  • Options
    @Cryptic_Cobra also I edited previous comments, check them
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Agent_Moon wrote: »
    @Cryptic_Cobra I meant the same value like t3 iso 8 but of a different class, get it

Still exploitable. Basically give your infinite expiration on items you trade
  • Options
    What does the timer for trading accomplish?
  • Options
    @ShadPrince what it does, is avoid scammers, both people put their items under the time limit, both hit a agree button and then the trade is complete,
    I’ve been scammed, the scammer waits until u give them first so it’s a counter
    @Cryptic_Cobra pleas explain ur answer more
  • Options
    The way giftin works is you spend the units to buy a item, then send it to a friend. You can’t gift a item you own, you need to actually buy another item to send it. If you can trade items of equil value, that means you can trade them back and forth whenever they are going to expire. And if you need to buy the items of equip value in your trade, then there was again, no reason to make a trade.
  • Options
    @Cryptic_Cobra is saying that if you trade a resource, it's likely that the expiry either resets or is returned to a standard value of, say, 5 days
    Then once you start having expiring resources you can just trade back and forth with someone else so they never expire

This would be used a lot with stuff like t2a and t4b
  • Options
    @Cryptic_Cobra that’s why is said a limit is there for the amount of items u trade and there is a cool down, how about this, if Kabam does this they can add a feature that a tradable item will expire in 30 days after the trade, and yeah trading cool downs can be from a week to months
  • Options
    @ShadPrince thank you for your explanation but please see my comment
  • Options
    Question then, what can you trade high end stuff like t2a with?
  • Options
    No mater how much you regulate it a true trading system will always be coruptable. Even with a cool down it doesn’t change the fact you can extend your expiration’s.
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    1 word, Two letters, say it and I'm yours
  • Options
    And say your items carry the expiration over. Now you arn’t trading equal value, and you can scam someone into trading for your items that expire in a hr
  • Options
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    1 word, Two letters, say it and I'm yours

Me
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Cryptic_Cobra the if the item was already expiring it will have the same expiration but what I’m saying is not all items are tradable like t2a or t4cc, cause that is overpowered, only items like iso 8 and few others
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    So any other arguments, Kabam can do a beta program of this, many people join it, they are given max items, some are in the stash expiring and some are in the inventory, different tests are conducted and if the feature is good, it will be implemented in the game
    @ShadPrince @Cryptic_Cobra
  • Options
    Problem with limiting something like this is that it's going to open up a whole new bag of problems where people want to trade more

Take the example of RDTs (which I hesitate to bring up in case someone comes along at screams kabam gimme sum o' dem juicy RDTs). It was meant to be a limited feature, it came out once as a special gift and now people are asking for it more and more due to circumstances which will not be debated here

The point is is that when something really desirable is introduced but is limited, people will start to complain eventually and stress is caused
  • Options
    This isn’t my first rodeo. ALL trading systems I have seen in games cause scamming, or don’t work at all as an actual trading system.
  • Options
    @ShadPrince I totally agree with you, but people should be sensible as well, if Kabam or anyone gives u something, be thankful instead of whining about it, I hope Kabam sees this and responds
  • Options
    Key points for trading
    1. Need to be a certain level to trade
    2. Not all items are tradable
    3. There is a limit to amount and a long cool down
    4. Expiration dates are same, if the item was not expiring it will expire in 30 days
    5. Only alliances can do this and you need to be in the alliance for at least a week to be able to
  • Options
    @ShadPrince @Cryptic_Cobra please read the above key points