**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ICEMAN'S ICE ARMOR Not Working Consistently

Is anyone experiencing an issue with IceMan's Ice Armor? It is not working consistently for me. I just fought with my 4* Duped IceMan in arena and fought a 13k 5* Hyperion. He got 3 special 3s. I wasn't concerned because each time the Ice Armor was up. The first two times, he only took 5% damage. 3rd time, he took FULL damage, the first hit knocking him down to 32% health from 79% and the second killing him. How is that possible. I am 1000% certain that Ice Armor was up and ready at the time of the SP3.

In other fights I have noticed this as well but this is the first time I've posted about it. It has not at all been reliable and so I've lost my confidence in it. Is this a known bug? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit

I double checked the ability before posting:

Passive – Ice Armor
  • Iceman begins the fight with a layer of Ice Armor active, increasing his Armor Rating by 666.67
  • If Iceman would lose more than 5% of his Max Health from a single source, his Ice Armor protects him from the blow, reducing the health loss to 5%, then it shatters.
  • If Iceman would become Stunned while his Ice Armor is active, the Ice Armor negates the effect, then shatters.
  • Once shattered, Ice Armor takes 15 seconds to reform.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't have worked. Can this be looked into, please?

Comments

• TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    I will also say that I took no other hits at all from Hyperion. There was only block damage and the SP3 damage.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Whenever something goes wrong, try and see if the opponent has any ability accuracy reduction
  • For_SpetzFor_Spetz Posts: 51
    Sounds like operator error to me 🤔 🤔
    @ShadPrince Hyperion doesn't have any ability accuracy reduction...it could only be assassin if I was below 18% health or something like that and I wasn't. I also wasn't stunned for it to be Pacify...What else could it be?
    @For_Spetz definitely not.
    See, I don't think it's just me...this seems to happen quite often. I was sure when I fought Hyperion that I had also reformed the ice armor...and I never lost it.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Never experienced this... next time when you fight Hype just record and try to get it on video. A vid will help so much to prove a point and make Kabam ppl aware
    I think I may have solved this...I will continue to look into it. However, I had forgotten that when ICEMAN ACTIVATES his SP2, he removes his Ice Armor to have higher attack damage. It could be that! Perhaps I used an SP2 and shattered my ice armor prior to the SP3 that killed me. I'll continue to investigate!

@Buster
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    Special 2 removes ice armor
    Isn't that what I just said?
    Maybe you didn't read the latest...lol
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Yup, you using special 2 prior to hyp using special 3 is definitely the reason. Case closed
    I'm still going to investigate @Championcritic . I honestly don't recall if I used SP2, so I need to verify. Maybe case closed. I'll try to have a definitive answer soon, but that is probably it.
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    Nothing in this game works consistently.