**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    I can’t say I’m the least bit surprised by this, nor by the timing, right after what was dubbed “MCOC Christmas” with season rewards. Then they feed us a poop sandwich while we’re riding a high.

@Kabam Miike this is T.R.U.M.P. politics at its finest, forcefeed us self-serving changes and masquerade it as somehow beneficial to us and prey on our reliance of this game to be enough for us to just take whatever you decide on the chin.

Let’s be real about this, war was fine in terms of its balance and skill, certainly not perfect but fine. Diversity means that everyone’s roster has some value, everyone can contribute to the defense in a relatively equal way and ultimately skill was still the main determining factor.

I don’t know why kabam has such a fear of “determining factors” in war, 100% wars may be common place but that is not due to it being an easy game mode, that’s because your meta has bred a mentality that alliances CAN NOT FAIL. War is so pressured that less than 100% is simply not an option at the high level I play at with my alliance. I think you know that, and you know these changes won’t deter players from finishing, it will encourage more ways to pu$h to 100%.

Let’s beeak down those determining factors that kabam hate so much (and created btw)....

Attack bonus: in a nutshell the idea that whoever dies least wins, this is closest thing to skill based scoring that AW has. How is this not a fair way to determine a winner?

Diversity: the idea that everyone’s roster has value, and teams are rewarded for offering up variety and not recycling the same roadblocks every war...an idea which kabam agreed with until ya know, yesterday...

So basically kabam wants exploration to be the de facto scoring system, and want us to believe this is to make it more competitive, so @Kabam Miike I ask you this one question in the hope you will give me an honest answer...

If one alliance explores 88% and dies 20 times. Another alliance explores 86% and dies 10 times, who has performed better?

Are teams to be rewarded for that extra 1 or 2% in exploration at the expense of countless deaths that exceed those of their opponents and how in any way shape or form does that encourage competition and not just expenditure?
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    bradshaw84 wrote: »

Want true competition without diversity? Remove item use.

Freaking love the last three words to that.

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Mechanics which have been around for a very long time are suddenly changed and we are told that nothing happened, or things are working as intended when the evidence shows otherwise. We see champs being rewritten to behave differently and it getting called a fix.

We saw Kabam do a small update to AQ by introducing Sentinels. That would have probably been fine had it been done with any thought in regards to just how many repeating fights someone would have to do. There's no fun fighting Sentinel after Sentinel after Sentinel.

We see skill being replaced by pRNG luck (Domino) and varying game mechanics.

We see more and more 1 hit death content (touch of death).

We saw Dungeons, which were a neat idea, and could be a great addition the game if there's some changes made like a way to make it less of a time sink.

We saw so many other things over the last year that just show that our input means little to nothing.

We are seeing a large portion of alliances moving to retirement alliances or quitting the game all together now that AW season is over and this was BEFORE the announcement of the next season of AW and the changes.

I was against defender Diversity from the start. I did however rank up some champs for the purpose of Defender Diversity since I would, as many others, have a champ that no one else in the BG had. We didn't adapt really to Defender Diversity, we dealt with it because we had to if we wanted to compete in AW.

Kabam said themselves that Defender Diversity was meant to be a tie breaker, if that was the case then 1 point would go to the team that had most defender diversity instead of the absurd points for each unique defender.

What is interesting that now Champs like IMIW and Domino are in the game, and Diversity is now thrown out the window all together which indicates to me that Kabam is fully expecting to see alliance membners place defense that is comprised of 2 IMIWs (4*/5*), 2 Dominos (4*/5*) and another killer defender like a MODOK, or Medusa. Heck I certainly would if I had those champs.

While I'm not saying others should stop spending, I most certainly am until some of these mechanics are restored, champs restored, and sense is made of this whole mess.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    You were nearly there. Really. Everything was going fine. You introduced tougher defenders, and provided counters. When IMIW was introduced he stopped some alliances from 100%'ing for a time, but we found our own solution through the in game mechanics.

You won't stop us from getting 100% because every point is an advantage over another alliance, especially with the multiplier. We will always find a way to do it. So saying your expectation is that we shouldn't 100% explore the map is flawed. To be honest, I think all you had to do was introduce tougher nodes and more buffs.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    Are any of the linked nodes changing on the map to go along with the new mini-bosses?
  • I look at it like this Kabam Mike isn't really addressing the whole entire picture he doesn't really care about anybody thoughts or feelings are he is part of a corporation that cares about money and not the community I always try to come up with different ways to make us spend even more which is totally and completely wrong I seriously think as community we need to band together and do a protest like a year ago on a child introducing 2.4 version and tried to nurse all those Champions that they were trying to nerve we all banded together and got that revoked we need to do that again
  • xxxsidewinderxxxxxxsidewinderxxx Posts: 74
    Onyxgem wrote: »
    Rockon wrote: »
    and what about awakening gems for us that awakened champs used strictly for war?

You can still use those Champions on Defense if you please, and might want to use them again in the future. This was a choice based on the Meta of the game at the time. The Meta will always change, and what might be a great Champion on Defense now, might not be in a few weeks, or a month, and then could end up as the top defender again in another 4 months.

There will be no Rank Down Tickets, or anything of the like, for this Change.

EDIT: For Clarity

SO in other words

PAY for new BUGGED champs

PAY for item use

Sorry we MADE you rank up garbage champs but to bad so sad!

PAY PAY PAY

sounds like that sums up the new AW....PAy kabam or lose!

Kabam Mike of course we could use **** champs like Colossus still but no one wanted to use them in the first place. The only reason people ranked champs like that was diversity...We nerfed champs like Dr.Strange to create an even playing field but you introduce champs way more buffed than he was...can you explain the thought behind that??
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Those that pay to open fgmc and pay for the t2a deals will have a better defense. Defense will be winning wars, and in order to obtain the rank up materials to rank new people, you have to pay for the deals. Item use isn't the bottom line they are driving, t2a and fgmc sales are. This is removing skill from the game and is now about who has the beefier duplicated defenders. Will be just like the old system where those with the most Imiw ranked and Medusa domino etc win wars.
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    Will these changes happen before season starts so we can try them out?

Yes, we are currently deciding which day to put these into play (it will have to be after the next update, but we want to do it ASAP to give you as many Wars to practice as possible). We'll let you guys know as soon as we have an exact day, but wanted to get this information up as soon as we could.

I’m not sure what to think of the fact that you are rolling out significant changes to AW with basically no warning at all. It is not a good look when the change is so haphazard that you cannot even tell us what day it takes effect.

• Tmm1224Tmm1224 Posts: 14
    Talk very quickly
  • Tmm1224Tmm1224 Posts: 14
    How long will it take to tell “The Team” hey we are messing up let’s give them what they want (RDT) and move on, that ends most of the discussion right there.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Tmm1224 wrote: »
    How long will it take to tell “The Team” hey we are messing up let’s give them what they want (RDT) and move on, that ends most of the discussion right there.

well took them from around 13.0 to now to realize diversity wassent going to work despite people saying it back then

maby another year and we might hear back from the team
  • Corby11Corby11 Posts: 163
    If you want to make it impossible to finish why not put more lanes in, say 12 then make some harder but give them a bette attacker bonus score then teams have a choice, play it safe with easy routes or go for more points on the harder lines but risk the crash and burn if you fail to achieve full attack bonuses on them. Seems better than trying to make the content so hard that you are expected to fail
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Onyxgem wrote: »
    Rockon wrote: »
    and what about awakening gems for us that awakened champs used strictly for war?

You can still use those Champions on Defense if you please, and might want to use them again in the future. This was a choice based on the Meta of the game at the time. The Meta will always change, and what might be a great Champion on Defense now, might not be in a few weeks, or a month, and then could end up as the top defender again in another 4 months.

There will be no Rank Down Tickets, or anything of the like, for this Change.

EDIT: For Clarity

SO in other words

PAY for new BUGGED champs

PAY for item use

Sorry we MADE you rank up garbage champs but to bad so sad!

PAY PAY PAY

sounds like that sums up the new AW....PAy kabam or lose!

And to add to this... Bugged champs during feature phase when people are spending to get the champs for AW ... means no need for RDT ever because any future nerf of those broken op champs is actually a `fix` that's just long overdue. It is not working as intended before and now it is. Well played kabam
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Fix Drax and give him his attack back
  • vTITANvvTITANv Posts: 2
    I'm seriously done with this game if we don't get rank down tickets. I love Marvel. And I've always loved this game. But for the past YEAR, since the release of 6*s, it just feels like you are milking my wallet. I've never minded spending money when a good deal comes out. Because I understand the developers have family's to feed to, and that is how they feed them by making this game fun. But now I just feel like they are milking me for more then they should. I don't want to pay for your Ferrari. Keep the game fair, if you're going to make drastic changes to the game, give rank down tickets so we can plan accordingly with the rss we have received since playing the game.

In other words, leave diversity, or take it away and give rank down tickets so I can put the rss I put in a champ I won't use for aw def anymore in another I will. Don't make me pay even more to keep playing the game at the level I am currently at.

Thanks,
    vTITANv
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    dont let them bury the "accidental" nerfing of champs under this AW issue so they never get fixed