**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• botonox03botonox03 Posts: 29
    @Kabam Miike There needs to be transparency on the highest level with Kabam as a whole, not just when the S*** hits the fan and the community gets to the point equivalent of a volcano exploding. I feel that Muta came up with a great explanation of what the community feels is needed as a whole (which is as follows):

"This relationship can be repaired in 2 steps:

Meta-level changes shall only occur after first seeking community feedback, and/or performing a community beta test
    The Game Team shall have an active presence on community platforms other than the official game forums."

I feel that by an active presence, that means sticking with those weekly updates that were implemented during the 12.0 debacle and not just ending them after the dust has settled. If you will begin to listen to your community, your base, ALL of your players and get a sense of what they feel is missing, what they like, what they don't like, this will result in strengthening your relationship with the player base overall. Another thing you could do is hold Q&A sessions on a media platform to put yourselves out with developers, content creators, etc. This allows for more and more transparency, which I think is something the community desperately wants to have (and I feel that you need to do now more than ever).

With all this said, is this going to fix the current state of the game and the current mood of the majority of the player base over night? Nope. However, the ball is in your court to take these ideas into account. You will still see the stances of those who have a voice greater than mine in this community unchanged until there is actual evidence of change. When they do though, I feel you HAVE to stick with them and not give up on them when things seem to be "back to normal." This, in my personal opinion, is what has taken us full circle from the 12.0 debacle to now.

If you wish to speak further on what I have mentioned, please feel free to contact me.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Haha. I can't. Still waiting for someone from kabam to say hey we gone done messed up. Side note, this isn't fixing the problem we have with kabam.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Rank down tickets aren't the answer. Synergy is what needs to be activated, and keep diversity.

This is just an example of how out of touch kabam is. They say they want to get away from both teams getting 100% exploration but teams will aim for this regardless for season points. Everyone wants to get max points every war win or lose so they can maintain or improve their bracket.

What this really seems like is kabam deciding to punish everyone for the alliances who colluded and did two star wars with one alliance placing a couple of duplicates so that diversity would give the other team a win. We've all seen the screen shots and this really looks like a knee jerk reaction to that specific scenario. They are blasting the whole community based on what only a handful of top alliances were doing.

Then you have the addition of extra minibosses, blatant cash grab ! If they are going to do that then they need to increase the attack bonus on each of them, as they are more difficult fights. Same with the Boss node. Soloing a boss should not give the same attack bonus as soloing a junk node, same as in aq where minis and bosses give out more points.

I really hope the community comes together and makes a statement to kabam with our wallets and actions and quit spending on wars that have been redesigned to punish everyone for the few who cheated and colluded. The timing of this change makes it obvious that it is a related to the outrage over everything that's been brought out in the open recently.

This iteration is just terrible, it's already a strain on leadership keeping stuff together, bringing in 4 week seasons is just going to increase turnover on players and with so many against the ideas, it will be harder to find quality replacements for those who have had enough of this ****.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited June 2018
    So no rank down ticket after all? So is it safe for me to continue ranking champs for diversity or you may remove it in the upcoming war seasons? And if diversity was removed, would you issue rank down tickets so that we can adjust?
  • Genuine question for kabam - is the summoner sanctum program still alive? If so what's the status of that? Was any of the big changes proposed in the last year taken to them first?

The Summoner Sanctum program is still alive and kicking, but is generally used more for more "abstract" questions or surveys. We do want to expand and improve on the idea of the Summoner Sanctum, though we're still exploring ways that we can do that.
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    @Kabam Miike As we are discussing Alliance Wars, I mentioned in my earlier post the idea of getting rid of alliance war revives. I was wondering if this would ever be considered for a couple of reasons; 1: I would think most everyone wants at least one mode of gameplay to be completely fair across the board and getting rid of revives in alliance war would level the playing field significantly as it would prevent people from being able to buy their way to wins, which not everyone is able to do; and 2: It would achieve the goal of preventing 100% exploration 100% of the time, as you say the goal is. This change could also allow you to get rid of attack bonus (something that you mentioned you weren't totally fond of) because now the player is without one attacker for the rest of the alliance war. I just want to know if this would even be a considered change to alliance war?
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    mike why don't u guys take a bunch of summoner and actua
    Genuine question for kabam - is the summoner sanctum program still alive? If so what's the status of that? Was any of the big changes proposed in the last year taken to them first?

The Summoner Sanctum program is still alive and kicking, but is generally used more for more "abstract" questions or surveys. We do want to expand and improve on the idea of the Summoner Sanctum, though we're still exploring ways that we can do that.

have a test server for those members where they can test things like diversity and give u feedback u need before u make it live
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »
    Genuine question for kabam - is the summoner sanctum program still alive? If so what's the status of that? Was any of the big changes proposed in the last year taken to them first?

have a test server for those members where they can test things like diversity and give u feedback u need before u make it live

Hey there,

This is something that we have discussed with the team, but aren't yet able to do... We do have a new Beta system that we've used a couple times now, but it's still not totally bug free, and getting entire Alliances in there is not totally possible yet. We'd also need multiple Alliances (lots) that are able to get in with no issues, and then actually play like a regular Alliance War. This means that they would have to spend just as much time in the Beta as they would in regular Alliance Wars, and balance both.

We're working on improving our Beta System so that we can do tests of this scale, as well as more Betas in General, but it is tricky!

This sounds like something that would work really well, but it would also be great if we could also get updates from you guys, either on this forum or somewhere, where you guys can tell us what is being tested and what to prepare for. This would also allow for players who may not be in alliances that would get into the beta program (the people who don't pay as much I assume) to also give their feedback and their view on how any change would also affect their gaming experience.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    edited June 2018
    @Kabam Miike Are the diversity points for diversity being increased since there will be less use for diversity now than ever since the nodes are harder (more incentive to use all the same duplicated OP Defenders)

Also, it is fair to say harder quests and challenges have more rewards than easier quests and challenges. Will the harder Alliance wars be compensated with better rewards?

It is 4 weeks on and two weeks off instead of 8 and 2.. so it’s taking more time (10 weeks) to get the same that we used to get in 8 weeks + it is harder.

Could you please discuss this with the team.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »

Hey there,

This is something that we have discussed with the team, but aren't yet able to do... We do have a new Beta system that we've used a couple times now, but it's still not totally bug free, and getting entire Alliances in there is not totally possible yet. We'd also need multiple Alliances (lots) that are able to get in with no issues, and then actually play like a regular Alliance War. This means that they would have to spend just as much time in the Beta as they would in regular Alliance Wars, and balance both.

We're working on improving our Beta System so that we can do tests of this scale, as well as more Betas in General, but it is tricky!

have u guys thought about outsourcing to ur communtt this problem what ever it has has been a problem for a long time now and u guys have a large community some with tech backgrounds that might be willing to help u out

it could be a win win u guys get a test server a d another way of gathering feedback we don't get screwed
  • Cranmer00 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Are the diversity points for diversity being increased since there will be less use for diversity now than ever since the nodes are harder (more incentive to use all the same duplicated OP Defenders)

Also, it is fair to say harder quests and challenges have more rewards than easier quests and challenges. Will the harder Alliance wars be compensated with better rewards?

It is 4 weeks on and two weeks off instead of 8 and 2.. so it’s taking more time (10 weeks) to get the same that we used to get in 8 weeks + it is harder.

We don't have any plans to increase the points for Diversity right now. I will take your feedback regarding the difficulty/time to the team, but also remember, before we switched to this "4 on, 2 off", our Seasons were tied to our build releases. This meant that there wouldn't be a consistent time off in between, so in reality, it may have ended up being a longer break than 2 weeks,
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Cranmer00 wrote: »

We don't have any plans to increase the points for Diversity right now. I will take your feedback regarding the difficulty/time to the team, but also remember, before we switched to this "4 on, 2 off", our Seasons were tied to our build releases. This meant that there wouldn't be a consistent time off in between, so in reality, it may have ended up being a longer break than 2 weeks,

What about the increase in difficulty but keeping rewards the save? How do you spin that one?