**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

To Rank Or Not To Rank?

Been puzzled on what to do moving forward, after hearing the announcement of diversity being removed I was excited to 4/55 a defender I’ve been sitting on for awhile now. I haven’t ranked him previously because my BG already had a couple of him.

Luckily I was traveling and didn’t pull the trigger, because as of yesterday I read diversity is now back on.

This is a very confusing time to play mcoc, should I just sell all my resources the whole next season and ride this out till we know what the state of the game is going to be?

They said diversity is out, but may return at some point, then diversity immediately returned but it may be out again in the future... only to maybe return again?

I’m so confused what to do with my roster or what this game is becoming I’d sure like to hear a good strategy moving forward

Comments

• Options
    GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    Wait for new aw map and season to actually begin. I think ull know what to rank by the first 1-2 week of the season.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Insightful I’ve been sitting on yondu and pulled the trigger and they reverted back to diversity, my battle group has 1 already. Sad day for my t4 tech. Kabamed
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    But don’t get me wrong I don’t mind the diversity, we just need clarity from kabam like you said. I don’t want to see a war where there are 10 Ironman infinity war, 10 medusas and 10 magik. That’s boring and not fun.
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    Gabbros wrote: »
    Wait for new aw map and season to actually begin. I think ull know what to rank by the first 1-2 week of the season.

Actually that is not the issue, I don't know who to rank, not because of the new map but because I don't know if diversity is coming or going or going then coming back. Really bizarre announcements followed by radio silence from kabam is making this pretty tricky to navigate
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    True, but this is simply the nature of Kabam and the game. They can literally change any champ or game mode in any way at any time. You have to decide whether the risk/reward is worth it to you and go from there. With Kabam there is a lot of unknown, unfortunately. And a lot of what is known based on past changes they have made is not exactly something to get excited about. Sorry
  • Options
    GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    Rank up if you find a new champs that can be usefull in your BG defence, otherwise do not open any source of class cat or alpha 2.
    Rank up if you need an attacker for your line, otherwise do not open any source of class cat or alpha 2.
    IF You really are in need to rank up utility wise or arena porpouse.

PS:
    Do not open any source of class cat or alpha 2.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Bottomline is, for whoever you rank, DO NOT spend your real money, as you'll never know for what you invested very soon they will become lame or no longer meta or just another wasted arena roster.
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    They wont remove diversity
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    True, but this is simply the nature of Kabam and the game. They can literally change any champ or game mode in any way at any time. You have to decide whether the risk/reward is worth it to you and go from there. With Kabam there is a lot of unknown, unfortunately. And a lot of what is known based on past changes they have made is not exactly something to get excited about. Sorry

yeah I certainly understand that, feels more like we got a glimpse behind the curtain though. Within weeks a huge part of AW could just disappear, or reappear within days, so as a long term strategy game it's just baffling how to approach it with the type of uncertainty going around. Only comparison I could make is you found a gift you were going to receive for your birthday, just the day before. Well the gift giver was so upset you found it, they exclaim, "I'm taking the gift back! But...I'll give you something else or maybe I won't or maybe I'll give you the same thing but it will be later for sure unless it isnt.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Voltolos wrote: »
    They wont remove diversity

Someone said that, it is only for now, after the huge backslash from the community. Everytime there's a huge uproar, they will apologize and take 1 tiny step back, or give a tiny free gift, hoping people will forget. Few months later, another rounds of fishy changes, bcos people tends to forget.

But hey, who am I to say? I only have 5min memory, it is not that I remember what they did on v12? on AA? on Drax/mordo? on AW2? on 7 days ban? etc .... I totally don't remember any of those.

The bright side is, at very least they took back the diversity removal. The dark side is, they broke their previous promised, as they admitted. So, how much more can we trust them?