**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

GAME IS DOWN [RESOLVED]

Comments

• MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    I hope there is some decent compensation planned.

This is an extreme situation, and it's going to require a lot of serious consideration on our part. We will be doing something for sure, but I don't know what just yet.

Thank you for at least confirming something will be given. This right here is the image you guys need to be portraying. If you communicated like this with the community through all the issues like you are handling this situation then you would see a lot less lash back. Kudos on your actions tonight.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Don cheadle for sure. Hes amazing as rhodie. Terrance howard i dont think would have melded well with everyone.
  • When game is back?
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    hey Just a quick question, are the servers like from 1999? Because 1999 called and they want them back.
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    Well guys I can safely say this is the longest running outrage since I started playing nearly 3 years ago so I hope they have so good compo ready not just some revives and war and aq timers reduced but real thing's like 5* crystals and such because the people in arenas have lost nearly 1/4 of a day because of this cock up and we can't get that back and remember these are 3 day event's so time restricted
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Hate to keep asking this... But any updates yet ?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    So I guess it's ok to go off topic here? in the past off topic post usally get deleted, just want to know Im safe , If I want to talk about me attraction to aged blondes lol.
  • Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    @adoo
    @Ad0ra_ - I have to ask now that devices have been brought up. Is the random screen flip mid battle an Android thing, or does that happen with iOS devices too? It drives me nuts every time it decides to just flip without warning. At 1st I thought it was aggressive play that caused it. But no. No. It occasionally just happens when the phone is sitting still on a load screen. I wish screen lock prevented it, but alas no. On a final note, thanks for sticking with us, and the causal chat here. I can only imagine the frustration on that end.

P.S. - Not looking for a fix, just confirmation if it happens with iOS. As I may go for an iPad down the road as a second device. I won't buy an iPhone though (yes, I'm being redundant lol)

I've never personally experienced this on my iPhone, but that doesn't mean that it's only an Android device thing.

Thank YOU for being willing to casually chat with us :)

This is most definitely sonething I've experienced on Android as well...
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    "This is a song that never enddddsssss it goes on and on my frienddddsssss, some people started singing it not ever knowin what it was but people will just keep on singing it forever just because! This is the song that never enddddssss!!!
  • LifeswickedLifeswicked Posts: 129
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    5:47pm here. Saturday is a grinding day for me and it's been down all afternoon 😥😥😥
    Kiwi bro?

Chur chur

Chur 2 much cuz
  • Alienbj13Alienbj13 Posts: 59
    Quick question. Why do legends run need to include load times?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Please change your game down msg to check back in a few hours as shortly is an out right lie

not an intentional one. we don't have the ability to change the phrasing on that right now, I'm afraid.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    I am a Senior Software Architect of 12 years...can you guys hire me? This is sad because I can get AWS or GCP support on the phone in the matter of a few minutes at my job. If GCP is down, then you guys are going to get quite a big reimbursement, so spread the love.

What's strange is that you guys are blaming Google, when they have no indication of a service disruption today: https://status.cloud.google.com/

so what's the prob?

The GCP status board only lists outages and critical disruptions. It does not list functional problems that are workload-specific.

A while back I had an issue with an EC2 hosted cluster. The client was getting bursts of low IOPS to Windows guests for a long time. This caused an invisible, unreported, zero event log occurrence of volume shadow snapshot block clearing backlog to occur, which I can't even find articles about anyone ever troubleshooting. This caused all volume management to stall, which meant no VSS anything, no disk management anything, nada, zip, zilch. Touching anything involving volume management would hang the volume management services and require a reboot, which did not fix the underlying problem. We only figured out the problem when we cloned the instances and left them idle during troubleshooting, and after two *days* the idle clones automagically fixed themselves when not under load. No one can explain to me what can take that long to automatically resolve.

The world is a complicated place.

Yea, but that's a flaw with the infrastructure's architecture you designed, not the provider like they are blaming. You should have had a failover cluster in that situation, and you would have had time to figure out the problem.

This game has been plagued by long outages and scaling issues for years, and it's not that hard to build a redundant, scalable architecture at all levels. Hell, they make enough money in a week to solve this problem. That's the beauty of AWS and GCP. Sure, they'll have to pay more for the redundancy, but you don't have to deal with this BS all the time.

Yes and no. Yes, ultimately the responsibility is with the original architecture designers. But those guys might be long gone and once you have a flawed design, organically growing it over time tends to make it more vulnerable to problems, and there's no longer any actual human being to directly blame.

I've designed resilient systems for a long time, and long enough to be comfortable saying almost no one is any good at it. I don't know why, all I know is if you're not the CTO of Netflix you're probably doing something dumb. But that's a separate issue from how hard it is to fix an issue once you have it.

The idea that you just need two and you'll be fine is a common thought in the industry. It is wrong. If redundancy has never bit you in the butt before, consider yourself lucky. But I don't think the thread will survive a debate about the proper implementation of cluster quorum.
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    You guys are still using windows vista on your pcs aren’t ya.
  • Chris9Chris9 Posts: 17
    Hey everyone, I just checked in with the team and while I don't have an update on a time for you, I can say that this is a server issue and we are currently in contact with Google trying to get it resolved. I'll update you when I know more!

Why is your twitter set to private? I thought we would get more transparency and interaction with the team?

@marvelcontests isnt private...in fact lots of employees from thousands of companies make themselves available.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike night y’all. Hope things are up and running soon.
    Thanks for being cool.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    I find it somewhat disrespectful that you guys only choose the fun off-topic posts to respond to when people ask legitimate questions like the guy on the last page asking about how Domino's sp2 works.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't know how much you get paid or if you even make OT for this. Maybe, you hate that you have to be there on Friday night and want to turn it into fun social hour where people suck up to you for ego stroking. Honestly, I don't care, but I mean you have the time to at least answer some people's questions.

You can have fun AND be productive. Otherwise, why not just go home and post updates when the devs actually doing the work email you telling you status updates?
  • Hubert2000Hubert2000 Posts: 6

When game is back?

Same question

• Alienbj13Alienbj13 Posts: 59
    Nah i use windoms 97
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Kade7175 wrote: »
    Don cheadle for sure. Hes amazing as rhodie. Terrance howard i dont think would have melded well with everyone.

My friend leslie is in love with Terrance howard so I always have to listen to her complain about don cheadle lol
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Did Anonymous conduct a DoS attack or did Tyler Durden blow up your servers using fat ladies lipo fat residue turned into nitroglycerin?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    I’m still waiting on jubilee

YESSSSSSSSSSS. Meeeee too. Fun fact: when I first started, I immediately started asking when we were gonna put Rogue in the game. For a long time the answer was 'don't know if we will'. I think I was just too annoying. (this is a joke, I can't take ANY credit for her being in the game)
    @Ad0ra_ who's ur favorite champ in the game ?
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    When you realize ur phone is at 9% and no charger nearby...i guess ill be back later.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Do we get half hour timers for AQ time that we have lost? @Kabam Miike
    It's been 12 hours (almost) since the AQ was started and the team isn't able to clear section 1! Please compensate the maintenance at least with 30 mins timers for today!

TIA

We don't have info on what compensation is going to be yet, but we will have to take a lot into consideration. These are pretty extenuating circumstances, and we know that.

Don't care about compensation but I think this time 30min AQ Timer is not enough to save us in EU.
    @zeezee57 u got a point haha
  • TwistedEnigma17TwistedEnigma17 Posts: 69
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike I’m going to bed because but thanks for chatting. Keep this type of communication up and I’m sure the whole community would appreciate it. It’s been fun. Good night everyone.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    25 pages long .... with 1 conclusion:-

I .... D O N' T .... K N O W .....

how precious :D
  • Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    NikoBravo wrote: »
    Did Anonymous conduct a DoS attack or did Tyler Durden blow up your servers using fat ladies lipo fat residue turned into nitroglycerin?

They got ddos'd....
This discussion has been closed.