**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time zone bias

Hi kabam team,

I appreciate that the down time was out of your control and that you’ve done everything you could to bring the game up ASAP. I’ve also enjoyed reading the banter from adora and Miike.

I am generally loathe to bring up compensation issues. It is largely a FTP game, and I’m not a big spender by any means, but I have dropped a bit of money in this game.

That said, I’d hope that any plans for compensation take into account how effected people are. In our Aussie based alliance, it ran through peak time, starting around 11 am and finishing about 7pm. That has killed out AQ, as we aren’t even awake to take advantage of reduced timers. We’ll also have a few miss war as they weren’t able to join before going to bed. That’s not even taking if account the fact satidrday affernoknnsinsn peonrrsnncnfimeo oil

I think you lot did a great job with the down time, considering the circumstances.

Comments

• AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    Yes... same goes to goldpool arena, server down when some of the timezone has no big impact because they are indeed sleeping. And now is almost sleeping time for Asia and Pacific timezone.
  • Hey Decksie!

We absolutely are looking into compensation, and are very sorry for the inconvenience this caused! For more details, please see this thread
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Fully agree, Plenty of teammates and myself are in Oz/Asia timezones here. We are messed up in AQ big time, even with short timers we will have to pull late nights beyond what is reasonable
  • DecksieDecksie Posts: 33
    Hey Decksie!

We absolutely are looking into compensation, and are very sorry for the inconvenience this caused! For more details, please see this thread

Thanks @kabam valiant. But 30 minute AW timers do nothing to change the fact our alliance won’t finish day 1 of AQ. By the time they came into effect, most of our alliance was asleep. We missed 9 hours of the middle of our day and won’t finish AQ as the timer reduction counts for nothing if everyone is asleep for it.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I'm SICK OF hearing the "sorry for the inconvenience", bcos this is NOTHING more than a useless EMPTY talk. Imagine I take away your properties and ruin your job, and I tell you "sorry for the inconvenience. Of course this example is exaggerated, but I'm making a point that the DAMAGE DONE is too big for a simple useless empty talk.

30min is A JOKE! However, guess what? They claimed that this is all they can do, 15min is NOT possible, timer removal is NOT possible? Explanation to why? NO explanation! Simply precious!

I'm in a timezone similar to OP, that almost MY ENTIRE AFTERNOON (when I was able to play was WASTED!). I was lucky I was away in the morning, but other folks may not be so lucky as they could have waited since their morning till afternoon. By the time the server is up, they may need to attend to something else or become busy.

Endless empty talks and zero useful helps is what I observed NOT only today, but all these while (beside the greed trying to earn as much money as possible from the player they think are dumb)!
  • Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    This sprint of aq should be abandoned or restarted from day 1. Problems finishing today because of the outages will effect prestige across all 5 days.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I'm in AZ, US and it went down around 4-5pm here and was down until I went to bed at 2am. I jiat don't want to miss out on Modok because of this. I lost about 1.1mil points in arena during that time.
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    Usually when this happens part of the compensation / apology is that there is no rank change for the AQ, or at least they don’t factor in the affected down AQ period in determining rank.

I just remember last time Thisbe happened a few months ago, if you didn’t complete a map you didn’t lose your tier or rewards as a result.
  • What about all the gold, loyalty and battle chips that were used for the map 4 we ran and can’t complete? Is KABAM gonna replace those or do they not CARE?!
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    What about all the gold, loyalty and battle chips that were used for the map 4 we ran and can’t complete? Is KABAM gonna replace those or do they not CARE?!

They've, in the past, compensated us by making an entire week's run of AQ completely free for all levels. So we'll likely get 5 free maps to make up for the botched one.