**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why doesn't Kabam just "simply" continue what worked well in the past and improve on it?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
Both the The Dungeon's Event two month's ago and the Mercenary Assignments last month implementation were both a total fiasco in terms of the difficulty to play them: 1. for the Dungeons the difficulty to find a player partner, the ridiculously difficult paths in D5 and D6, and the awful rewards, 2. for the Mercenary Assignments the amount of time it takes to clear all 4 difficulties to trigger the "special task event" and the extremely worthless rewards you get after in which many alliances never even got enough members to participate to get the extra rewards).

And it seems that these two events have triggered a spiraling down of monthly events that are just an awful waste of time and game dashboard real estate.

But on the flip side we have seen very successful monthly events from idea, to implementation, to rewards. The MODOK Lab and the one that followed (a "mini" MODOK lab) where you got rewards commensurate for the time and effort we put in were actually very good even by Kabam's very own standards. The rift events were actually not so bad except the potential rewards you could get such as t2 class catalyst when doing Expert mode. The rifts events would have been probably the best monthly event if the rewards matched the level of difficulty you played so that the minimum reward you would get playing expert mode would be at least a fully formed T4 Basic plus some 5* shards.

It's not rocket science to figure out which monthly events were enjoyed by the community as a whole and the ones that we'd rather just not be given a monthly event altogether, like seriously.

Thoughts, insights, and feedback?

Comments

• Options
    Sonnyt4jrSonnyt4jr Posts: 50
    You would think this would make easier for them, unless their main reason is to make the gamers life miserable & take the fun out of playing a game.
    If they continue to frustrate player base, just how much longer do you think they will stay.
    This game caters to the whales that spend on a virtual game that has Zero intrinsic value. Just another form or entertainment. This too will eventually close shop.
    They’re goal is to make money as much & as quickly as they can. They don’t care about us. We are just sheep being pastored to the slaughter house.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I really enjoyed dungeons, I would love to see them come back but with a few alterations. Make it weekly, not daily. I worked out that with the same amount of points you need to get, you only have to do 6 runs of dungeon 6 (completing 4 rooms) instead of the 7 you have to do weekly. That’s already a large difference and then you could still even run to room 5 and get even more points, doing less work.

There were issues but I still enjoyed doing it. I thought the rewards were largely worth it, or rather, the infinity dust was. The dark artefacts needs a complete new do-over. They were shocking in value.

I think rifts are terrible at the moment for today’s game meta. They were first introduced in November/December of 2016. And back then they had better rewards than the ones that are coming out soon. I’m not even joking. 5* shards, whole 5* crystals, t2 alpha, class, basic. These are the rewards that are in both rifts from 18 months ago, and the ones today. But 2016 rifts also had 5* awakening gems. Making them miles better.

Kabam need to have a long hard think about rifts, they are shocking. It’s just a crystal you play. With the same rewards as 2016, before 6* before the average player was even getting rank 5 4*!

Add a new difficulty, call it Superheroic or something like that, have it reward larger amounts of 5* shards as base rewards (no t4 basic or t4 class, that’s not in the meta for higher players now. I’m saying like 5k 5* shards at the least reward), then better drops are around 9k t5 basic, 12k t2 alpha, full t2 alpha, around 1k 6* shards and smaller drops of 500 6* shards and 5* awakening gems (basic would be awesome, but class just as good).

The way to get these superheroic rifts would be the same as the usual rifts, complete the difficulty below rift (this case Master) and also there would be 10k shards in the uncollected completion and exploration, letting you get a run from that as well.

The game is changing but kabam are living in 2016