Options

Who is worthy of a Generic AG?

Looking for your opinion. Void, SL, AA, and others come to mind. But if you had one and had any 5* champ currently available, who is Generic AG worthy and worth taking to r5?

Comments

• Options
    PImpDaddyPImpDaddy Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    I'd choose blade to rank 5, and if you haven't completed LOL, I recommend awakening SL.
  • Options
    MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    Generic should go to a champ that is a game changer in your roster and skill set who benefits most from the awakening, this will typically means newer champs with the unique synergies. If you need specifics you need to provide your options.
  • Options
    rowsbeerowsbee Posts: 41
    For a newer player, would Blade benefit more than Archangel from being awakened or is it the other way around?
  • Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @Clintonwalls101 do you mind elaborating? I have him as a 5 star but haven’t ranked him up and can’t decide about awakening him.
  • Options
    Clintonwalls101Clintonwalls101 Posts: 140
    His kinetic charges make his 2nd a killer, he stops unstoppable, he has antman glancing ability and all his abilities he gives to other champs he gets for him self when duped, I r3 mine and when I get enough science t4 he will go r4. Before you rank him up, I would get used to him first
  • Options
    98FF_98FF_ Posts: 59
    Void
    Medusa
    Voodoo
    Blade
    Archangel
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    AA, Medusa, voodoo are not.
  • Options
    Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    Voodoo sl as they need it the most
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,069 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    of all champs I think SL, Loki and medusa benefits most from awakening and need or desperately. of these 3 I like only SL. but as you have generic AG, you shouldn't have any problems in game for now, so you could save it for something like 5* vision, if you are going to spend some money or units
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Void is crazy with a bunch of sig lvls. How many can you get him?
  • Options
    St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    Void, Hyperion, Gwenpool, SL, Sparky, AA, OG Wolverine, both Visions
  • Options
    MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    SL or AA would get my vote. Unless you’re talking 4*...then SW or AA.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,794 Guardian
    Go_Grems wrote: »
    Looking for your opinion. Void, SL, AA, and others come to mind. But if you had one and had any 5* champ currently available, who is Generic AG worthy and worth taking to r5?

I have a weird answer to this question. If I had all the 5* champs and one generic awakening gem, who would I use it on? Possibly none of them.

5* AGs are so difficult to get that I would only use one if I felt using it would be game-changing, especially if I had only one. But if I had all the 5* champions, there's a lot of them I could use unawakened that would be really good. Until I knew which one to awaken that would make a huge difference, I would simply hold on to it.

If you have just a few 5* champs and one of them is potentially a really strong champion awakened, say Blade or Archangel, then the value of burning that awakening gem might be that your best attack team suddenly gets a lot better, and you can do more content, or you can do content without spending as much potions and units. That AG would save you time or money being used instead of sitting on the shelf. But if you already have very strong teams of 5* champions, the extra benefit of the AG might not be as high. If so, I would wait until I was absolutely sure I was spending it on something not just great, but game-changing. For all you know, an even better option might come out in the future and you could get it in a lucky pull.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    @DNA3000 just interested in another opinion, I liked your response. Have Blade, Stark, and Ice awakened at r4 plus SL duped r3. Just r4'd my Void and thinking of using the generic AG on him. I'ts' a big leap to pull the trigger, but also have skill and cosmic gems waiting in my stash for maybe KM and Medusa. 4* I have plenty of 550 god-tier for AQ. Thinking Void might really need the dupe for LOL (have easy path down) and war and be better/more consistent than AA?
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited July 2018

Remove AA completely off your list. He's great in the right match up, but there's too many champs out there that limit him completely.

The thing you have to ask yourself, and it's ok if you don't know the answer right now (if you don't, then just hold on to the gem for a while, it's not going anywhere) is this: Who is going to help me the most in war and/or saving units across the game?

If you fight in wars, and you have a set path, figure out what champs you'll be using. If you're going to be bringing void in regularly to war because he would be the most help on your path, then use it on void. If you bring blade to war b/c he's the best option on your path, then Blade would be the way to go, especially as he'd help save you units in LOL with his awakened ability.

Since 5* AGs are so rare, your only option to use it not only on someone whose awakened ability helps the champ out, but also on a character that's going to be close to, or at the top of your list in helping your progression in the game.

Again, you may not know the answer right now, and may need to fight some more wars to figure out who you'd like to ideally bring. Don't rush to use it. Figure out where you're at, who would most likely help you, whether they need to be awakened, and go from there.

I should also add, don't use it on someone you don't enjoy playing. Don't think that you have to use it on a champ b/c people say that champ is great, if you dislike playing that champ. If you don't enjoy playing a champ, don't burn resources on that champ, b/c in the long run, you'll probably avoid using him or will constantly look for replacement options. It's not worth using a champ you don't enjoy.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    good points @Mhykke
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,794 Guardian
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    @DNA3000 just interested in another opinion, I liked your response. Have Blade, Stark, and Ice awakened at r4 plus SL duped r3. Just r4'd my Void and thinking of using the generic AG on him. I'ts' a big leap to pull the trigger, but also have skill and cosmic gems waiting in my stash for maybe KM and Medusa. 4* I have plenty of 550 god-tier for AQ. Thinking Void might really need the dupe for LOL (have easy path down) and war and be better/more consistent than AA?

I'm not sure about Void's effectiveness in LoL, but if you're planning on using him in war say path 6 or something and you currently have difficulty there, if Void is going to save potions and units then its worth using in my opinion. If you're not sure or not ready to use him immediately, then as @Mhykke says there's no rush.