**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Buffing Magneto (Classic and Marvel Now) [Epsilon]

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
Ok time for another buff discussion/request. If you’d like to see my earlier buff ideas I put “Epsilon” in the titles of my buff discussion to make them easily accessible.

In the wake of diversity staying we could very much use some better defenders. But we could also use more attackers… so let’s kinda make one of each from bad champs. Firstly I’d very much like to make them clones. Identical.

•Give Magneto White the signature of Magneto Red.
•Increase Red’s Magnetism to White’s potency
•Give White the constant magnetism of Red

Now they very much have the best of their abilities TOGETHER! But that’s not enough.

Additions for both:
Control over magnetism grants them a 50% Reduction in the opponent’s shock abilities.

WHITE MAGNETO (the cleric):
•White Magneto is to reduce the power gain of Metal champions by 90% (oh wow cool), and will have unblockable special attacks while the opponent is metal.
•inflicting power/heal block at each bar Magneto fills for an increasing amount of time. Explained by his powers heightening to control the metal in his opponents…even inside of them
•projectiles have a 50% chance to glance due to Magneto’s protective magnetic field.

RED MAGNETO (The fighter):
A true Omega level threat Magneto will not hesitate.

•A danger sense level of attack increase (perhaps at 80% worth of danger sense due to the coverage)
•Block Penetration and Armor Penetration would both have to go up as all that protective tin is worthless when it’s so easily crushed by a true master of metal
•”open wounds” an ability once unique to Punisher Classic (and technically carnage). 70% chance that a special attack bleed leaves an open wound. It is a passive bleed effect that deals no damage.
•each open wound on the opponent gives a 10% chance that a medium attack blasts shrapnel into an exposed wound dealing 50% attack as “DEEP wound” damage (once unique to Nightcrawler)

MISC abilities that could go to either or would require more thought and planning to implement
•White with attack boost vs metal
•all attacks (minus Sp1 punch) being classified at “no contact” (no “when struck” defensive abilities only “when attacked”)
•Red with shock? (Perhaps heavy?)
•White with Auto Block chance vs either medium or light attacks specifically (NOT both)
•Red gaining 50% more power against metal
•Red baseline Special Bleed Chance to 85%

This is mostly off the top of my head but I spent about a half hour wording it. I realize it’s basicaly a full overhaul of 2 characters but it’d definitely lessen the overall hatred of pulling them from crystals and if you basicaly remove 2 bad pulls and add 2 good ones then the crystal opening experience only gets better

Until the next buff discussion/request…
-vr9 CIAO

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Magneto is a very tricky champion. Because of his magnetic abilities, he can counter the Tech champions (which as a Mutant he is supposedly weak to). I do not think his current Magnetize ability should be buffed. I think you're trying to hard to break the class system by A) copying the abilities common to Tech champions and B) countering the metal of Tech champîons. His Magnetize ability is quite enough of a penalty.

I'm not sure on what grounds Magneto would have reduced Shock damage. He can be electrocuted as any other mutant or human. This would break the class system even more. But projectile attacks like bullets or knives, common to many Skill champions, that could use a 50% reduction in damage. That idea I support.

I like your idea of Block Penetration and Armor Pierce. Add Critical Resistance to that.

• Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Magneto is a very tricky champion. Because of his magnetic abilities, he can counter the Tech champions (which as a Mutant he is supposedly weak to). I do not think his current Magnetize ability should be buffed. I think you're trying to hard to break the class system by A) copying the abilities common to Tech champions and B) countering the metal of Tech champîons. His Magnetize ability is quite enough of a penalty.

I'm not sure on what grounds Magneto would have reduced Shock damage. He can be electrocuted as any other mutant or human. This would break the class system even more. But projectile attacks like bullets or knives, common to many Skill champions, that could use a 50% reduction in damage. That idea I support.

I like your idea of Block Penetration and Armor Pierce. Add Critical Resistance to that.

Well that’s the thing. Blade got nearly full coverage of Mystic as well as class advantage over science and Magneto is known to casually break anyone who dares face him with metal. Iron man has had to make new suits from ceramic to hand a chance against him. And metal bonuses would be split between White (as holder of defensive abilities) and Red (who would gain most of the offensive abilities). I agree I can go a little overboard but this is MAGNETO we’re talkibg about. If anyone gets to punish tech class shouldn’t it be the master of magnetism/metal?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I do think Mags should almost undeniably wreck metal champs, and that MMN and MRed should be way more different. I don’t really agree with the auto block thing tho. Too much of that going around.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Magneto should’ve gotten the first “Danger Sense”. Magneto should get an attack bonus or at least negate defenses (like armor bonuses and physical resistance) of metal champs. I mean let’s face it, if you have metal, Magneto is going to wreck you.
    edited July 2018
    I do think Mags should almost undeniably wreck metal champs, and that MMN and MRed should be way more different. I don’t really agree with the auto block thing tho. Too much of that going around.

I agree which is why I put it under the miscellaneous section where I note the abilities that need to be work shopped.

Perhaps: Auto Block only special attacks from metal champions
    50% chance over 1 bar of power
    100% chance over 2 bars of power

This way there are ways around it and it’s more “defensive” than “aggressive”

Parry won’t work on specials and so long as you either use long ranged special attacks or launch them while he’s under a bar of power he’s incapable of auto blocking.

@Hammerbro_64 do you think a tweak like that would be more acceptable? This way he can’t randomly parry you mid beatdown and for the most part it’s purely defensive and in most instances won’t let him get a real “opening” unless you get greedy with that powerful burst damage or extra utility and decide to gamble on the 1 bar

(because who uses a special attack on an enemy with 2 bars unless it’s power control?)
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Magneto is one of the few to have an energy attack instead of physical, since it is not a physical attack it should not activate parry, autoblock or any contact related unavoidable damage.

Let's not even mention the stupidity of taking block (or any for that matter) damage from metal projectiles.

He is the most disrespected champion in this game relative to the source material but this another thread of wasted input because buffing mag won't sell unit packs and crystals.
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Magneto is one of the few to have an energy attack instead of physical, since it is not a physical attack it should not activate parry, autoblock or any contact related unavoidable damage.

Let's not even mention the stupidity of taking block (or any for that matter) damage from metal projectiles.

He is the most disrespected champion in this game relative to the source material but this another thread of wasted input because buffing mag won't sell unit packs and crystals.

Buffing Luke and Rulk didn’t sell anything extra either to be honest.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    I was rather thinking of reducing attack of champs with metal plus AAR if you want it defensive

Other than that, absolutely loving your ideas
    Mags need the love they deserve, honestly
    Karuseus wrote: »
    I was rather thinking of reducing attack of champs with metal plus AAR if you want it defensive

Other than that, absolutely loving your ideas
    Mags need the love they deserve, honestly

Hmm…
    White
    Projectile Glancing 50% always

•Make magnetism a constant without losing potency (as well as the maximum damage taken at a time being a constant)
    •Metal attack reduction and -50% power gain, and reduced critical chance and damage. 25% Metal Glancing in light attack’s and 10% Glancing medium attacks
    •Metal debuffs are reduced duration and potency
    •give just a little armor and block piercing to be more annoying on stun/Debuff Immune nodes against metal champs

Red:
    •Angela/Karnak level of critical chance up as well as increase base damage similar to danger sense? (Of course the combination would have to be watered down to like 80% of danger sense and only 2400-3k critical rating increase)
    •Raise megnetism effectiveness and lower maximum damage per attack (best of their combined AAR and survivability)
    •metal champs cannot effect ability accuracy in Red Magneto
    •specials tweaked to increase Bleed chance around 70% and potentially leave open wounds which each give medium attacks 10% chance to deep wound

I still think both should have specials that have a chance to be unblockable against metal champs

as well as letting White Mags have the 1-bar 50% and 2-bar 100% autoblock on special attacks against metal champs which won’t trigger parry and give him potential stall time without being cheap kills (willing to go as low as 25% and 50% per respective bars filled)
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Buffing magneto would be good and probably make some money for Kabam tbh. If nothing else, he should be at least as useful at fighting metal champs as blade is dimensional beings that bleed.

This would provide a great defensive counter to stark spidey and imiw, and force people to use different champs. Or spend more units. Especially given how many of us have a magneto.

Then they could run magneto arenas too.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

Well that’s the thing. Blade got nearly full coverage of Mystic as well as class advantage over science and Magneto is known to casually break anyone who dares face him with metal. Iron man has had to make new suits from ceramic to hand a chance against him. And metal bonuses would be split between White (as holder of defensive abilities) and Red (who would gain most of the offensive abilities). I agree I can go a little overboard but this is MAGNETO we’re talkibg about. If anyone gets to punish tech class shouldn’t it be the master of magnetism/metal?
    Dimensional beings are not part of the class disadvantage of Blade. You're suggestief to penalise metal champions so hard, that Magneto will have no class disadvantage at all. Have you ever fought Magneto with Sparky? Well, Magnetize reduces triggering Evade a lot. He has enough of an edge. If projectiles get glanced and his Sp's and stats get a buff, he's quite alright.
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

Dimensional beings are not part of the class disadvantage of Blade. You're suggestief to penalise metal champions so hard, that Magneto will have no class disadvantage at all. Have you ever fought Magneto with Sparky? Well, Magnetize reduces triggering Evade a lot. He has enough of an edge. If projectiles get glanced and his Sp's and stats get a buff, he's quite alright.

He has NO EDGE! For all the shrapnel in his animations he has ZERO EDGE!

And what about Danger sense being able to completely engulf Villains as well? And the entirety of of mystic class for basically 2 class advantages. Or Karnak who can completely reduce his against mutant champs? Or the fact that AAR from skill class largely only stops spiders, Electro and occasionally MODOK (for a few hits at least) because largely Red Hulk, Luke Cage, and Void will screw them up same as anyone else. Oh how cosmic really doesn’t have anything over tech anymore as they are mostly just the go to LoL candidates now (spare Star Lord and Sparky)

Like I said we can tone down some of it but it’d still be a blanket effect over all metal champs so it still has to be relevant. Besides we’re literally forgetting that for Kabam “bending the rules” is something they are masters at
    Both:
    Get the best version of their AAR and and protection

White:
    • +20% attack against metal
    •Projectiles have 50% glance chance
    •1-bar 25% autoblock specials, 2-bar 50% chance
    •-30% enemy power gain
    •increased block and armor piercing
    •Potentially unblockable specials against metal
    •Specials have heal block still but robot champions also gain power lock for the same duration
    (This would just be an above average defender that screws with special attacks occasionally while spacing them out… and watered down IMIW with very limited autoblock and unblockable specials people are WAY too used to)

Red:
    • Magnetism! 70% attack up vs metal (this is roughly a SINGLE Angela fury)
    • 3000 critical chance increase (half an Angela Precision)
    • +15-25% power gain (balance around there)
    • special attacks have 85% chance to bleed. Each bleed has a 75% chance to leave open wound each.
    • Each “bleed” (open wound is a passive non damaging permenant bleed) gives medium attacks a 10-15% chance to deep would 80% attack.
    •only the Sp1 punch counts as a “contact” attack.

We basically just made watered down Ironman infinity war and Angela with more utility each. They won’t “break the game” by any stretch cause of anything the Signature ability of Star Lord and sheer damage from Sparky basically broke that already and Blade laughed as he skipped through the burning fields of broken glass. And let’s not forget MEDUSA or Corvus/Proxima, or Void.