**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tip to avoid overheating

rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
YouTuber posted.

Go to setting and turn off Game Center. Turn off your phone. Turn back on.

So far it has worked for me on an iPhone8+

Comments

• Options
    D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    I have tried it, ipad air 2...no luck. Still starts heating up very quickly. But thanks for the tip, hopefully it helps some folks.
  • Options
    That seems more difficult than shutting off Game Center. Lets call that plan B
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    It has been effective thus far for an iPhone 8+ and X.

iPad air2 is different matchine. Stating what you did.l already. LOL This kind of shows the complexity
  • Options
    D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    rwhack wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I still like the beer fridge idea I saw posted

We can put that between Game Center and Antarctica.

Middle ground is important.
  • Options
    GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Using Android, it gets pretty hot. In the last year and a half I've ruined two batteries from playing with it plugged in, now I've taken the protective case off to let the heat dissipate easier and one hot day I took the back cover off too and another time grinding arena I would put an ice cube on the screen between rounds
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Never been on game center and phone heats up like crazy so not sure you tip is actually a tip but hopefully it may help some players
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I was hoping you were gonna say stop playing
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    GQuantao wrote: »
    Using Android, it gets pretty hot. In the last year and a half I've ruined two batteries from playing with it plugged in, now I've taken the protective case off to let the heat dissipate easier and one hot day I took the back cover off too and another time grinding arena I would put an ice cube on the screen between rounds

Yeah my Galaxy S5 gets mega hot and that's through armor double case.
    It din't used to heat up that much but kabam screwed everything as usual.
  • Options
    OzymandasOzymandas Posts: 80
    Ive done this on a 6s +. Too soon to say if it worked but now whenever i pop away for a second, i get a prompt from game center to log back in. How to stifle this?
  • Options
    DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    I have tried it, ipad air 2...no luck. Still starts heating up very quickly. But thanks for the tip, hopefully it helps some folks.

That’s curious because I play exclusively on iPad Air 2 and haven’t had any issues
  • Options
    Ozymandas wrote: »
    Ive done this on a 6s +. Too soon to say if it worked but now whenever i pop away for a second, i get a prompt from game center to log back in. How to stifle this?

I just cancel and move on
  • Options
    Just stop playing.
  • Options
    That is 100% effective