**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unit price in uk vs Us

Just want to know why Odins cost the same in both countries that is £100 in uk and £$100 in us. That’s not right if it’s valued at £100 then should be more in dollars or if valued at $100 should be much less in the Uk. Any thoughts on this. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    All prices are in USD. The platforms adjust them based on Taxes and Exchange Rates.
  • MordridCowl_1979MordridCowl_1979 Posts: 199
    Cause Merica
  • book_er_tbook_er_t Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    @GroundedWisdom ok if so In what world is a 100usd with taxes and everything equal £100. Should be much less.
  • KahrahtayKahrahtay Posts: 146
    In vietnam a odin cost 400.000 vietnam dong.
    Wich is 15€
    edited July 2018
    book_er_t wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom ok if so In what world is a 100usd with taxes and everything equal £100. Should be much less.

That all depends on what Taxes apply. I'm not familiar with the laws in the UK, but some Countries pay more because the Tax on Digital Items is more. Could be some reason they're less.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    A whole 25 £ less. I think thats fair.
    Kade7175 wrote: »
    A whole 25 £ less. I think thats fair.

Well, it could be, but you're also paying Taxes on Digital Purchases. For example, the price in Portugal went up not too long ago and people wondered why. It was because new Laws passed on Taxes. The Exchange Rate may very well be Pounds to Dollars, but Taxes on top of that are applied as well.
  • Kabam has said that they tell the play store or App Store the price in USD, then the play store or App Store sets the price for different countries currency.
  • book_er_tbook_er_t Posts: 29
    All points are fair. Well I think I’d get a US account and can buy everything in USD that’ll be like £20 cheaper. It evened out a while back when the rates were similar. It has changed. But prices still stayed the same.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think this is stupid, last time I checked the exchange was 1.34, so I think it would need to be either 80 or 85 pounds to be even, they used to have it like this before the pound devalued, but because they want more money the over exaggerated the difference
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The even shorter answer is that Kabam sets their price in USD. Google and Apple then convert that to other currencies.

So if you want to get mad at the price, talk with Google/Apple because Kabam doesn't have control over it.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    So if we travelled to Vietnam or alternative, we'd get it cheaper?