**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Elektra Armor Break in AW Node 28

Hi team, this might seem a simple one at first but hear me out.

On AW Node 28 now we have a Bleed & Poison inmune node, in Expert bracket. We have seen some MODOKs in the past 2 wars and we took Elektra in to counter by applying a debuff to reduce ability accuracy of the autoblock. Turns out, although inmune to Bleed, Elektra's counter of applying an Armor Break is not working.

Now you might say "since the champion is not inmune to bleed, but the node gives the effect, then it's bleed it should trigger but then is nullified, that is why it won't go to armor break" , right? Well I have it a thought and here is why it doesn't make sense.

The hypothesis comes from how Thor's signature ability works. When in AW or other modes, facing Stun Inmune champs, Thor's armor break does not trigger because the applicable nodes ( like boss node) makes any champ stun inmune, and therefore nullfies Thor triggering armor break as it depends on the champ.getting stunned.

Therefore, if this same logic applies then Elektra's armor break should be applied in node 28 regardless of the bleeds immunity, as the description specifies that if the champion is bleed inmune then it should trigger armor break. Since the node is giving the property, it should apply equally as to provide that immunity to the champion and make Elektra's passive work to apply armor break. I want to go test this out in other modes, so I'll probably get some videos out but I'm away from home and kind of busy, just thought on putting this up first and then building to it.

Thanks team in advance for taking a look at this potential bug and looking to further discuss how to improve dynamics in the game.

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    While it would be great if she applied the armor break she just won't. The champ itself isn't bleed immune it's the node. My guess is that the champ has to be tagged as bleed immune to trigger armor break. Electra has always worked this way. Might try resonate if you really want to use Electra.
  • HarryhoudiniHarryhoudini Posts: 42
    It’s the same as x23 not applying cruelty to immune buffs. The champion your facing has to be immune itself to start , not because of the node. Working as intended....
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    I agree my friend, but then this would mean for example that Thor's armor break should work in in stun inmune nodes, as the champion itself isn't stun inmune. So if in Thor's case the armor break can't be applied due to the node giving the property of stun inmunity, hence not triggering the armor break, shouldn't the bleed inmunityof the node be giving this to MODOK in this example, and hence triggerin the armor break factor? This is the logic I found.

I'm an experienced player so i knew it would seem counter intuitive at first, so I get why it might sound off at first but just taking the Thor example as how nodes interact with champs, then it should allow Elektra to armor break, as it specifically mentions that when a champ is bleed inmune (and is getting the property from the node in this case), it will apply armor break.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    The thing is, Thor's armour break debuff triggers because of the stun
    If you have a limber node, you still always stun the champ so you apply the armour break, but if there's no stun there's no armour break
    The champ normally can be stunned so it would armour break, but because it can't, it won't

As for Elektra, the champ would normally bleed so it wouldn't trigger armour break, unfortunately the node prevents the bleed from triggering as well
    It’s the same as x23 not applying cruelty to immune buffs. The champion your facing has to be immune itself to start , not because of the node. Working as intended....

Agreed how it work today and why , but then the logic shouldn't apply to Thor's armor break. Just as an example. I think this (and x-23s case) should be looked at.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    KwAmOn wrote: »

Agreed how it work today and why , but then the logic shouldn't apply to Thor's armor break. Just as an example. I think this (and x-23s case) should be looked at.

You miss the point. Yes, X23 and Elektra SHOULD be able to cruelty and break on bleed immune nodes but are loopholed through “natural” bleed immunity.

Thor is a DIFFERENT STORY!

Thor’s Armor break activates only when e stuns the enemy. The enemy suffering stun is a prerequisite to auto-trigger the armor break similar to how Archangel’s poison abilities need bleed to take effect.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    Thor can not armor break a stun immune champ i have never seen it but have not used Thor in awhile
    ThatGuy214 wrote: »
    Thor can not armor break a stun immune champ i have never seen it but have not used Thor in awhile

He can't. But there are no stun inmune champs (sort of, IM IW does not count). But my point is nodes in AW or Quests give them this and then his ability does not work.

Hence, a bleed inmunity given by a node should count the same way as to enable Elektra's armor break in a node to any champ. Thor's case is just an example.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    I see ‘immunity’ pop up against luke cage when i use elektra
    Not always, but once in a while
    No armor break, no bleed. Just ‘immunity’ pops up
    She is bugged for quit some time now
    Karuseus wrote: »
    I see ‘immunity’ pop up against luke cage when i use elektra
    Not always, but once in a while
    No armor break, no bleed. Just ‘immunity’ pops up
    She is bugged for quit some time now

This is something I will test out thanks for this tip! If this is true then the logic of this ask is indeed valid, that means something is not quite well setup to recognize the appropriate debuff to apply depending on both the character and the node "benefits" being inherited.
    Hi guys, thanks for the many replies; so I have come to a self-agreement in terms of how I understand why these scenarios are happening, and I still think it should be looked at specific to the node exceptions, but so much is going on that I will focus on contributing to other topics like AQ, AW and MD+Dexterity :)