**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone notice drop rates changing for 300 unit crystal

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
Just wondering. I’m a whale and I noticed the 5* don’t come out as much

Comments

• Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    No because I refuse to buy crystals.
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    The "Crystal Opening Whale" opened more feature crystals in the last week than most summoners had since they joined in early 2015 and only got the feature once, why would anyone want to buy those crystals now after seeing that? RNG yeah right, drop rates? Yeah right, if your a free to play summoner then you are winning at this game.

As long as people keep posting threads about them pulling 5* versions out of the first five crystals, everyone will continue to try.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Well don’t buy them. I honestly think they changed the drop rate. I’ve opened enough of these crystals to know patterns
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I normally ignore these kinds of posts and try not to jump on board with the whole "conspiracy" or "silent nerf" talks, but after watching COwhale only get one Wasp after everything he opened I started to wonder myself. Than an alliance member popped one crystal and got her. Ultimately, I was just left dumb founded with the way RNG/drop rates work
  • book_er_tbook_er_t Posts: 29
    With the amount COWhale opened that should at least guarantee wasp a few times but honestly that feels rigged more than anything else.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    I think they silently nerfed this because if they start giving new champs like that many people could start doing this which is not a big gainer so they trap people like this and cow throws more money to get duped thereby kabam earning more and more money, how cool is that right
    I think they silently nerfed this because if they start giving new champs like that many people could start doing this which is not a big gainer so they trap people like this and cow throws more money to get duped thereby kabam earning more and more money, how cool is that right

I agree. Look at CO Whale and his crystal openings. That proves it. And I
    Open a lot and I noticed the drop rates are definitely 100% less frequent that they were a couple of months ago.

Bottom line is 5* drops have silently been nerfed.

Sounds like I’m not buying those crystals again. As I had posted this game is so frustrating with the mistakes and cheats like crystals they do
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    Yup, noticed it. Just more money grabbing. Thy can claim RNG on small sample sizes, but large samples negate the RNG argument. It’s been nerfed.
    So this is basically confirmed.

A former alliance mate of mine who opens 250-350 of the 300 unit crystals told me that he also noticed this. Yes, he spends a lot

Basically, with 250-300 crystals, he generally gets 3-4 5* champs. He said, for the last 3 or so featured champ, he's only gotten 1. And mind you, he's a big time crystal opener. Even COWhale proved it on his youtube channel that there this crystal has been nerfed. Now Kabam may say there is no changes, but maybe there is a bug or something. I guess the bottom line is, don't buy it?
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    yeah it’s crazy when someone can spend as much as COWhale and not have a maxed out champ and high ranked up.
    Rockon wrote: »
    yeah it’s crazy when someone can spend as much as COWhale and not have a maxed out champ and high ranked up.

I bet Kabam willssy the drop rates are the same. Several people including myself know they silently nerfed it. If that’s the case reduced spending on these guys from me

• Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    If they saw the bigger picture, they would make the drops better, especially now when a lot of the player pool is upset at game performance, heating, etc.

A shiny new 5* makes the pain go away.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Well don’t buy them. I honestly think they changed the drop rate. I’ve opened enough of these crystals to know patterns

"You've opened enough to know patterns"..... How? How can you know patterens of something that is all RNG? Funniest thing I've heard today.
    Rockon wrote: »

I bet Kabam willssy the drop rates are the same. Several people including myself know they silently nerfed it. If that’s the case reduced spending on these guys from me

So your sample size is what? Between 1000-2000 FGMC's? There were millions of crystals opened but your sample size is enough to claim nerf? You claim you "know this". I would like for you to prove it 100% without a shadow of a doubt that it's nerfed. Non of this "I have a feeling" BS. Show me the real facts.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

"You've opened enough to know patterns"..... How? How can you know patterens of something that is all RNG? Funniest thing I've heard today.

It’s like he expects it to be 10 crystals then you get a feature, then 100 before the next time, the next time is only 34 and then the cycle repeats infinitely.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

It’s like he expects it to be 10 crystals then you get a feature, then 100 before the next time, the next time is only 34 and then the cycle repeats infinitely.

Exactly. Same thing as rolling a 6 sided die and saying he can predict the pattern of what will land.
  • We have not made changes to the drop rates in the Featured Grandmaster Crystals. It all comes down to probability; some days you may hit a lucky streak and other days it may not happen. To borrow an analogy other players have used, flipping a coin gives you a 50% chance for it to land on heads, but that does not guarantee that it will land on heads if a coin is flipped 2 or more times. It does mean that every time it is flipped their will be a 50% chance to land on heads though, so it is entirely possible to flip it multiple times and not get heads and also possible for it to land on heads just as many times.
This discussion has been closed.