**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Compensation for overheating & crash issues

I think that after this issue is handled there should be compensation for players. I have been trying to play and it always overheats to the point where my phone turns off after 15 min. I’m sure u can imagine how hard it is to do event quests and arena when I can play the game for much time at all. I’m as u said in your post that he top priority rn is to fix it which I think is great. I just want to make sure I can finish all these quests and get something back for the time I lost not being able to play

Comments

• Options
    andymk514andymk514 Posts: 10
    Totally agree
  • Options
    SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    There might not be enough rewards on the game to cover 3rd degree burns.

I’m counting down the minutes until I see/ read about someone being seriously injured by a faulty device due to MCOC.
  • Options
    Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    I’m honestly never one to complain about compensation, I understand there are some small glitches and I think Kabam does an ok job of compensation when there’s extended maintenance or a big/glitch. However, this overheating issue is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve been playing the game for 3 years and this may be one of the worst things I’ve seen. I can’t sit and complete quests because it burns up my phone so I’ve been playing a lot less. I’m worried about my battery becoming toast. Arenas are impossible now and I had no chance at the legends run due to this.
  • Options
    SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    Can’t run event quests, arena, monthly and war and AQ are a nightmare with lag and overheating.

I have no clue where compensation can fall to make things fair.

I know that everyone will be disappointed whatever comes but 12.0 was nowhere near as bad as this patch.
  • Options
    JdrizzleJdrizzle Posts: 9
    Does anyone else’s phone get stuck on the restarting mode after crash? And I think it’s ruining my battery my percentages have been jumping all over
  • Options
    Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    not sure how they can even go about figuring that package out. Some people have had devices ruined, what the standard package for that? A couple thousand 5* shards gonna make up for broken iPhones? How about everyone’s battery that has had ridiculous stress put on it? Eventually that’s going to end up costing people to get it replaced or the device itself. Is Kabam gonna buy us all new devices to replace what they’ve destroyed? Is some virtual currency good enough? How about some virtual characters and rankup items?

Sorry we destroyed your iPhones and iPads because we don’t test our game out, here’s some 5* shards, 3 energy refills, and 50k gold. Hopefully that will replace your devices
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    I'm not trying to defend Kabam here or say that they've done good, I'm pretty sure this update is on par with if not worse than what happened with 12.0
    But the players may also be liable for any damage caused, because they decided to keep trying to play the game, even with the knowledge that some devices have been irreparably damaged because of it, and that Apple has actually advised against running the app
    Again, Kabam messed up big time but the fault is not entirely on them
  • Options
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    I'm not trying to defend Kabam here or say that they've done good, I'm pretty sure this update is on par with if not worse than what happened with 12.0
    But the players may also be liable for any damage caused, because they decided to keep trying to play the game, even with the knowledge that some devices have been irreparably damaged because of it, and that Apple has actually advised against running the app

You’re right it’s not Kabams fault, they just wouldn’t delay AQ or AW while they fixed this issue. In refusing to do so they’ve forced people in alliances to play if they didn’t want to get kicked from their teams for inactivity.
  • Options
    Sn1pes130 wrote: »

You’re right it’s not Kabams fault, they just wouldn’t delay AQ or AW while they fixed this issue. In refusing to do so they’ve forced people in alliances to play if they didn’t want to get kicked from their teams for inactivity.

It's definitely tough for us, but if this went to a court and became a legal case, I don't think people would understand why we would risk this to stay in the alliance
    The only silver lining is that it's off-season, I suppose
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Kabam is at fault for the problem.. however we are responsible for any damage done to our device if we continue to use it when we know it is over heating.. I enjoy the game and am addicted like everyone else.. but i know one thing for sure.. if I was having the problems that other people have been reporting.. I would no longer be playing.. no way i'd be putting my phone at risk..
  • Options
    This game is becoming a joke and Kabam is a long time joke.

I wonder too how they will compensate the community for this overheating and crashing issue. I havent been able to play any EQ, arena or war due to the risk of damaging my phone. In AQ i can play 1-2 fights and then have to stop cuz i feel the phone is becoming warm.
    Im not sure how to be able to finish all 3 difficulties of EQ this month as ive lost the first week. How will this be compensated?
  • Options
    Hopefully they can lower the energy costs for the EQ, so that'll solve that issue
  • Options
    BauuaduBauuadu Posts: 4
    I totally agree this is getting so frustrating
    Can just barely use the energy before mine cuts out and have to wait till my phone cools down ruffly 40minutes to an hour then try for arena but that doesnt work
  • Options

It's definitely tough for us, but if this went to a court and became a legal case, I don't think people would understand why we would risk this to stay in the alliance

I gotta disagree, if it made its way to a legal case I think you’d see a settlement in that class action lawsuit very quickly. There’s been lawsuits won/settled for far less (redbull) and others that are more legit like the iPhone touch disease. I’d say this one is closer to the iPhone touch disease than redbull not really giving you wings.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11155731/13m-lawsuit-proves-Red-Bull-doesnt-give-you-wings.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/the-madden-class-action-settlement-triples-its-payout-t-473344725/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cultofmac.com/443717/how-to-join-the-touch-ic-disease-class-action-lawsuit-against-apple/amp/
  • Options

I gotta disagree, if it made its way to a legal case I think you’d see a settlement in that class action lawsuit very quickly. There’s been lawsuits won/settled for far less (redbull) and others that are more legit like the iPhone touch disease. I’d say this one is closer to the iPhone touch disease than redbull not really giving you wings.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11155731/13m-lawsuit-proves-Red-Bull-doesnt-give-you-wings.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/the-madden-class-action-settlement-triples-its-payout-t-473344725/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cultofmac.com/443717/how-to-join-the-touch-ic-disease-class-action-lawsuit-against-apple/amp/

I have to say, seeing lawsuits like these is really amusing.

I think you do have a point, since Kabam hasn't made a point about telling us to not play it they are also liable, but then we'd be subject to incredible judgement
    It'd be one of those cases like "common sense should've prevailed, but I decided to be stupid so I could sue", much like the red bull one.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I don't know how they can only compensate people who have the overheating issue.And if the compensation is for everyone, then it will only give people who could play during that time even more resources.So, I don't think we will get a good solution for this screw up
  • Options
    SaikologicalSaikological Posts: 45
    edited July 2018
    Knowing kabam, they probably dont fix or compensate this in a good way. But lets stay positive.

Im not really looking for many refills as i just wanted to play this eq casually. When they finish this bs issue, i might be lucky if i have 1-2 weeks of normal playtime left in this eq. That means making extra hours to get those rewards, which i dont want.
    I expect it it turn out that i wont be doing anything but uncol, if any...
  • Options
    Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Compensation for this issue should be twice the size of the 12.0 patch. This problem probably impacts the gameplay more than any maintenance