AQ Bracket Issue [Resolved: Compensation Given]

12223252728

Comments

  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 942 ★★★
    Darnit man, I clicked start for the second time and defaulted to map 2 again. This is bull-oney ! The least they could do was set last map completed as defeat, now we have ran 5252 and who knows what day 5. I'm about to abdic
  • SkinnyfitSkinnyfit Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    My alliance usually runs 35553, it chose to run 33333 due to this ambiguous (do so if you wish) comment from Kabam. It did not advise there would be compensation and that would DIRECTLY look at what map you run. Now I understand the mods would not know this at the time, but their words speak volumes on a forum and they need to look at how they relay information. This is not the first time their words have been taken the wrong way (Featured 6* rings to mind most recently).

    Now, I'll suck it up and lose out on having those map 5 rewards boosting our prestige and therefore allowing us to gain a higher rank rewards compensation. But I hope the mods look at this, see the errors in the way they often communicate and try to stop being so ambiguous.

    Quite honestly it would have been a lot easier to just cancel AQ, restart it a few days later. Especially with the ongoing IOS issues of overheating (Maybe other devices too not checked).

    Just my 2 cents.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Disagree with that one. Some people just try to clarify. This community is about people communicating as well. Not just a one-way conversation with Moderation. Some comments may be unclear or ambiguous, but when assumptions are made and decisions made based on those assumptions, such as not running the best Maps because the assumption is made it won't matter, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't said anywhere that it wouldn't count. A lot can be open to interpretation, but that's a double-edged sword because there are times where a comment means exactly what it means, and it's being expanded too much. If someone tells me, for example, I'm free to run AQ, that means it's a GO. It doesn't mean that my progress doesn't account for something, I will get something despite foregoing it, or a pluthera of other angles. Helping clarify comments is not the issue. It's the amount that people scrutinize every comment, to the point of over analyzing.

    I have seen you make numerous comments on threads about what kabam supposedly said or when things will be fixed, only for it to be completely wrong. I think you should, of all people, stop trying to “clarify” kabam comments and let the actual mods speak for themselves.

    Actually, I've been pretty consistent with clarifying statements. As for the actions they would take, I'm not responsible for that. The only thing I said was in the past, they have given the previous week's earnings, so it was a possibility. I never said it was certain because that's not my choice. I'm not responsible for people not running it, and in fact I never commented on it until after the news came out about how they will handle it. You also have to consider the fact that there was an outage last week, so they can't really go by that. At what point do we stop pointing the finger and take responsibility for our choices?

    I do wish you had thrown your opinion out there earlier. What good is you helping people understand these things if you don't comment until well after the fact? As the person with the most posts and outspoken views you could have been a voice for good and maybe convinced a few more people to avoid this problem. You waited longer than the mods for a change.

    Actually, I thought about saying it's probably best to run through as usual and they'll sort it out, but a) people rarely listen regardless, and b) anything you say can and will be held against you in a Court of Kangaroo.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Disagree with that one. Some people just try to clarify. This community is about people communicating as well. Not just a one-way conversation with Moderation. Some comments may be unclear or ambiguous, but when assumptions are made and decisions made based on those assumptions, such as not running the best Maps because the assumption is made it won't matter, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't said anywhere that it wouldn't count. A lot can be open to interpretation, but that's a double-edged sword because there are times where a comment means exactly what it means, and it's being expanded too much. If someone tells me, for example, I'm free to run AQ, that means it's a GO. It doesn't mean that my progress doesn't account for something, I will get something despite foregoing it, or a pluthera of other angles. Helping clarify comments is not the issue. It's the amount that people scrutinize every comment, to the point of over analyzing.

    I have seen you make numerous comments on threads about what kabam supposedly said or when things will be fixed, only for it to be completely wrong. I think you should, of all people, stop trying to “clarify” kabam comments and let the actual mods speak for themselves.

    Actually, I've been pretty consistent with clarifying statements. As for the actions they would take, I'm not responsible for that. The only thing I said was in the past, they have given the previous week's earnings, so it was a possibility. I never said it was certain because that's not my choice. I'm not responsible for people not running it, and in fact I never commented on it until after the news came out about how they will handle it. You also have to consider the fact that there was an outage last week, so they can't really go by that. At what point do we stop pointing the finger and take responsibility for our choices?

    I do wish you had thrown your opinion out there earlier. What good is you helping people understand these things if you don't comment until well after the fact? As the person with the most posts and outspoken views you could have been a voice for good and maybe convinced a few more people to avoid this problem. You waited longer than the mods for a change.

    Actually, I thought about saying it's probably best to run through as usual and they'll sort it out, but a) people rarely listen regardless, and b) anything you say can and will be held against you in a Court of Kangaroo.

    i would also add b/2: expecially if you talk nonesense and act as the usual troll.
  • Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 181 ★★
    I hope you get a response from @Kabam Miike or anytime else from the mods team but I doubt you will. There is no leadership coming from Kabam to give confidence to its gamers that they value us in anyway.

    I think they have the view, it’s a game choose to play or choose not too. Any issues because of Kabam’s ineptitude are irrelevant and we should just get on with it. They are truly awful and have no clue about how to handle any of the MANY issues in the game over the past month or so. Profit margins will be the only language that speaks to them.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 504 ★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Disagree with that one. Some people just try to clarify. This community is about people communicating as well. Not just a one-way conversation with Moderation. Some comments may be unclear or ambiguous, but when assumptions are made and decisions made based on those assumptions, such as not running the best Maps because the assumption is made it won't matter, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't said anywhere that it wouldn't count. A lot can be open to interpretation, but that's a double-edged sword because there are times where a comment means exactly what it means, and it's being expanded too much. If someone tells me, for example, I'm free to run AQ, that means it's a GO. It doesn't mean that my progress doesn't account for something, I will get something despite foregoing it, or a pluthera of other angles. Helping clarify comments is not the issue. It's the amount that people scrutinize every comment, to the point of over analyzing.

    I have seen you make numerous comments on threads about what kabam supposedly said or when things will be fixed, only for it to be completely wrong. I think you should, of all people, stop trying to “clarify” kabam comments and let the actual mods speak for themselves.

    Actually, I've been pretty consistent with clarifying statements. As for the actions they would take, I'm not responsible for that. The only thing I said was in the past, they have given the previous week's earnings, so it was a possibility. I never said it was certain because that's not my choice. I'm not responsible for people not running it, and in fact I never commented on it until after the news came out about how they will handle it. You also have to consider the fact that there was an outage last week, so they can't really go by that. At what point do we stop pointing the finger and take responsibility for our choices?

    I do wish you had thrown your opinion out there earlier. What good is you helping people understand these things if you don't comment until well after the fact? As the person with the most posts and outspoken views you could have been a voice for good and maybe convinced a few more people to avoid this problem. You waited longer than the mods for a change.

    Actually, I thought about saying it's probably best to run through as usual and they'll sort it out, but a) people rarely listen regardless, and b) anything you say can and will be held against you in a Court of Kangaroo.

    Well it never stopped you before. At any rate sorry to those groups who are getting less because you were mislead. Maybe next time something like this happens kabam will be a bit clearer. Probably. Right?
  • SkymastrSkymastr Posts: 46
    Can we get proper answer and clear the mistake kabam did @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike cause of so many ally didnt do regular maps this week because of u guys post early did diff talk and team post diff stuff about fix???
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 240
    edited July 2018
    I think we get all milestones from the bracket we shouldve been in and then they compare when its over for rank rewards. So expert tier will get all milestones in expert then compared for their rank rewards. So i dont think what map you run will matter much unless im missing something? @kabammiike?
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 431 ★★★
    The reasons for hundreds and possibly thousands of groups ran other maps have been laid out over 700+ comments. They are clear as day. Kabams first statement wasn’t, or else all the expert tier AQ groups who placed there all season wouldn’t all magically jeopardize that. How is there any other way to logically think through that? It wasn’t clear. It was a mess. It was on kabam and if anyone should “take responsibility” as was suggested, it should be KABAM. We can only go on so much information. I find it absolutely insane to spend 4 days now badgering others on this thread only to now land on the statement that it’s somehow our fault and WE need to take responsibility. That’s rich. And another person had it laid out perfectly - people who have commented trying to clarify kabams messages and been proven wrong over and over again, who probably don’t even run maps this high themselves, should most definitely not be throwing their opinions around like they’re somehow relevant or factual. At what point does the player base get the benefit of the doubt here man? I mean really. You’re telling people who have played this game since it’s inception that they should just accept this, it’s their responsibility and pretend like you didn’t just read all the reasons why it was a mess to begin with? What is the purpose of doing this? I guarantee we know the history of this game and how it works on a scale you clearly have no clue about, which is surprising considering how much time you spend commenting here. Just stop. You’re actually making it worse at this point.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 504 ★★
    Kade7175 wrote: »
    I think we get all milestones from the bracket we shouldve been in and then they compare when its over for rank rewards. So expert tier will get all milestones in expert then compared for their rank rewards. So i dont think what map you run will matter much unless im missing something? @kabammiike?

    I think you're right, it's just that the groups who ran 3 this week will rank way lower than usual.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    The reasons for hundreds and possibly thousands of groups ran other maps have been laid out over 700+ comments. They are clear as day. Kabams first statement wasn’t, or else all the expert tier AQ groups who placed there all season wouldn’t all magically jeopardize that. How is there any other way to logically think through that? It wasn’t clear. It was a mess. It was on kabam and if anyone should “take responsibility” as was suggested, it should be KABAM. We can only go on so much information. I find it absolutely insane to spend 4 days now badgering others on this thread only to now land on the statement that it’s somehow our fault and WE need to take responsibility. That’s rich. And another person had it laid out perfectly - people who have commented trying to clarify kabams messages and been proven wrong over and over again, who probably don’t even run maps this high themselves, should most definitely not be throwing their opinions around like they’re somehow relevant or factual. At what point does the player base get the benefit of the doubt here man? I mean really. You’re telling people who have played this game since it’s inception that they should just accept this, it’s their responsibility and pretend like you didn’t just read all the reasons why it was a mess to begin with? What is the purpose of doing this? I guarantee we know the history of this game and how it works on a scale you clearly have no clue about, which is surprising considering how much time you spend commenting here. Just stop. You’re actually making it worse at this point.
    Yes. It is your fault that you made a poor decision as a result of your misunderstanding.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Kade7175 wrote: »
    I think we get all milestones from the bracket we shouldve been in and then they compare when its over for rank rewards. So expert tier will get all milestones in expert then compared for their rank rewards. So i dont think what map you run will matter much unless im missing something? @kabammiike?

    The map you run determines what your points are at the end of the series. It’s very likely that any alliances running map 3 all week could land in the advanced bracket instead of expert, especially if their prestige is average. Alliances that ran map 5/6 this week will most likely land in expert.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 509 ★★
    You may run it if you choose to? I know we took it as, we will be giving compensation for fkin up again. We will compensate you whether you run AQ or not. Not by scores.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 942 ★★★
    They are missing the big wild card, the map 2 default that cost us tons of points as anyone in expert just clicks start and expects to see the last map they ran. Ignoring this is shortsighted and seriously needs to be addressed.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    They are missing the big wild card, the map 2 default that cost us tons of points as anyone in expert just clicks start and expects to see the last map they ran. Ignoring this is shortsighted and seriously needs to be addressed.

    So you want compensation for being careless?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,408 Guardian
    Run477 wrote: »
    Disagree with that one. Some people just try to clarify. This community is about people communicating as well. Not just a one-way conversation with Moderation. Some comments may be unclear or ambiguous, but when assumptions are made and decisions made based on those assumptions, such as not running the best Maps because the assumption is made it won't matter, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't said anywhere that it wouldn't count. A lot can be open to interpretation, but that's a double-edged sword because there are times where a comment means exactly what it means, and it's being expanded too much. If someone tells me, for example, I'm free to run AQ, that means it's a GO. It doesn't mean that my progress doesn't account for something, I will get something despite foregoing it, or a pluthera of other angles. Helping clarify comments is not the issue. It's the amount that people scrutinize every comment, to the point of over analyzing.

    I have seen you make numerous comments on threads about what kabam supposedly said or when things will be fixed, only for it to be completely wrong. I think you should, of all people, stop trying to “clarify” kabam comments and let the actual mods speak for themselves.

    Actually, I've been pretty consistent with clarifying statements. As for the actions they would take, I'm not responsible for that. The only thing I said was in the past, they have given the previous week's earnings, so it was a possibility. I never said it was certain because that's not my choice. I'm not responsible for people not running it, and in fact I never commented on it until after the news came out about how they will handle it. You also have to consider the fact that there was an outage last week, so they can't really go by that. At what point do we stop pointing the finger and take responsibility for our choices?

    I do wish you had thrown your opinion out there earlier. What good is you helping people understand these things if you don't comment until well after the fact? As the person with the most posts and outspoken views you could have been a voice for good and maybe convinced a few more people to avoid this problem. You waited longer than the mods for a change.

    Actually, I thought about saying it's probably best to run through as usual and they'll sort it out, but a) people rarely listen regardless, and b) anything you say can and will be held against you in a Court of Kangaroo.

    Why be concerned about that when you could theoretically be helpful, and not be concerned about that when it becomes moot?

    If you're wrong people could hold it against you, but that's supposed to be the incentive to avoid being wrong whenever possible.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    CFree wrote: »
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    They are missing the big wild card, the map 2 default that cost us tons of points as anyone in expert just clicks start and expects to see the last map they ran. Ignoring this is shortsighted and seriously needs to be addressed.

    So you want compensation for being careless?

    It's not being careless. It's working within an established routine that was created by the developers where the developers (albeit unknowingly done) changed the routine without any notice. Players had no reason to believe anything would be different and proceeded with the same routine they were used to but were instead greeted with a changed mechanic with detrimental results.

    In a way, this like like the multi-node portals in the Lily challenge. Option A is usually the next line of opponents whereas B takes you to the final boss. Then without warning they're flipped on path 5, and now your legends run is up in smoke because you just skipped path 6.

    It's unintentional, but it does have it's effects on the player base. If anything, more and more of us are ignoring any semblance of a routine and double-checking every button before we press it.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    CFree wrote: »
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    They are missing the big wild card, the map 2 default that cost us tons of points as anyone in expert just clicks start and expects to see the last map they ran. Ignoring this is shortsighted and seriously needs to be addressed.

    So you want compensation for being careless?

    It's not being careless. It's working within an established routine that was created by the developers where the developers (albeit unknowingly done) changed the routine without any notice. Players had no reason to believe anything would be different and proceeded with the same routine they were used to but were instead greeted with a changed mechanic with detrimental results.

    In a way, this like like the multi-node portals in the Lily challenge. Option A is usually the next line of opponents whereas B takes you to the final boss. Then without warning they're flipped on path 5, and now your legends run is up in smoke because you just skipped path 6.

    It's unintentional, but it does have it's effects on the player base. If anything, more and more of us are ignoring any semblance of a routine and double-checking every button before we press it.

    That deserves nothing.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 431 ★★★
    Well it’s clear there’s now three people on here with the intent to troll everyone. I guess a lot of expert tier alliances that make up the bulk of the active players are all completely at fault, should have assumed correctly what kabam actually meant, and we just weren’t as bright and insightful as the three gentlemen commenting here. Gosh, I guess for 2 years now we had it all figured out, and suddenly all developed amnesia and forgot which maps we were supposed to do. Nothing was wrong on kabams end, the statement was crystal clear, and magically a bunch of groups decided for the first time in years to run map 2 for the fun of it. Yup, that makes perfect sense.

    I’m so thankful I don’t know anyone in the game like this, or in my alliance or any friend I have who plays this game. What a terrible take on all of this.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The fact they haven’t said they are reviewing it scares me.. or doesn’t surprise me. The customer service here is the absolute worst.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    The fact they haven’t said they are reviewing it scares me.. or doesn’t surprise me. The customer service here is the absolute worst.
    Lol. What does “under investigation” in the title mean?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    That’s from the initial incident. I am referring to them reviewing their awful decision that goes against the precedent of using the last valid AQ series to determine placement.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    Disagree with that one. Some people just try to clarify. This community is about people communicating as well. Not just a one-way conversation with Moderation. Some comments may be unclear or ambiguous, but when assumptions are made and decisions made based on those assumptions, such as not running the best Maps because the assumption is made it won't matter, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't said anywhere that it wouldn't count. A lot can be open to interpretation, but that's a double-edged sword because there are times where a comment means exactly what it means, and it's being expanded too much. If someone tells me, for example, I'm free to run AQ, that means it's a GO. It doesn't mean that my progress doesn't account for something, I will get something despite foregoing it, or a pluthera of other angles. Helping clarify comments is not the issue. It's the amount that people scrutinize every comment, to the point of over analyzing.

    I have seen you make numerous comments on threads about what kabam supposedly said or when things will be fixed, only for it to be completely wrong. I think you should, of all people, stop trying to “clarify” kabam comments and let the actual mods speak for themselves.

    Actually, I've been pretty consistent with clarifying statements. As for the actions they would take, I'm not responsible for that. The only thing I said was in the past, they have given the previous week's earnings, so it was a possibility. I never said it was certain because that's not my choice. I'm not responsible for people not running it, and in fact I never commented on it until after the news came out about how they will handle it. You also have to consider the fact that there was an outage last week, so they can't really go by that. At what point do we stop pointing the finger and take responsibility for our choices?

    I do wish you had thrown your opinion out there earlier. What good is you helping people understand these things if you don't comment until well after the fact? As the person with the most posts and outspoken views you could have been a voice for good and maybe convinced a few more people to avoid this problem. You waited longer than the mods for a change.

    Actually, I thought about saying it's probably best to run through as usual and they'll sort it out, but a) people rarely listen regardless, and b) anything you say can and will be held against you in a Court of Kangaroo.

    Why be concerned about that when you could theoretically be helpful, and not be concerned about that when it becomes moot?

    If you're wrong people could hold it against you, but that's supposed to be the incentive to avoid being wrong whenever possible.

    For the same reason we are having this discussion. I wasn't 100% sure what was going to happen, and I didn't want people to say I'm responsible for suggesting it. As I said, anything said on here is scrutinized.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    Disagree with that one. Some people just try to clarify. This community is about people communicating as well. Not just a one-way conversation with Moderation. Some comments may be unclear or ambiguous, but when assumptions are made and decisions made based on those assumptions, such as not running the best Maps because the assumption is made it won't matter, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't said anywhere that it wouldn't count. A lot can be open to interpretation, but that's a double-edged sword because there are times where a comment means exactly what it means, and it's being expanded too much. If someone tells me, for example, I'm free to run AQ, that means it's a GO. It doesn't mean that my progress doesn't account for something, I will get something despite foregoing it, or a pluthera of other angles. Helping clarify comments is not the issue. It's the amount that people scrutinize every comment, to the point of over analyzing.

    I have seen you make numerous comments on threads about what kabam supposedly said or when things will be fixed, only for it to be completely wrong. I think you should, of all people, stop trying to “clarify” kabam comments and let the actual mods speak for themselves.

    Actually, I've been pretty consistent with clarifying statements. As for the actions they would take, I'm not responsible for that. The only thing I said was in the past, they have given the previous week's earnings, so it was a possibility. I never said it was certain because that's not my choice. I'm not responsible for people not running it, and in fact I never commented on it until after the news came out about how they will handle it. You also have to consider the fact that there was an outage last week, so they can't really go by that. At what point do we stop pointing the finger and take responsibility for our choices?

    I do wish you had thrown your opinion out there earlier. What good is you helping people understand these things if you don't comment until well after the fact? As the person with the most posts and outspoken views you could have been a voice for good and maybe convinced a few more people to avoid this problem. You waited longer than the mods for a change.

    Actually, I thought about saying it's probably best to run through as usual and they'll sort it out, but a) people rarely listen regardless, and b) anything you say can and will be held against you in a Court of Kangaroo.

    Why be concerned about that when you could theoretically be helpful, and not be concerned about that when it becomes moot?

    If you're wrong people could hold it against you, but that's supposed to be the incentive to avoid being wrong whenever possible.

    For the same reason we are having this discussion. I wasn't 100% sure what was going to happen, and I didn't want people to say I'm responsible for suggesting it. As I said, anything said on here is scrutinized.

    Then you were not sure about what Kabam intended, and shouldn't imply it was obvious. You can't say everyone should have managed their alliances based on what you assert is obvious, when you wouldn't even manage your own forum postings based on that same obviousness.

    It is easy to be certain in retrospect. But it is also totally meaningless. You wouldn't stake anything on being right, so you cannot blame anyone else for claiming to be uncertain about the best course of action to take.

    No. That's not what I said at all. There seems to be an epidemic of minsinterpreting comments.
    I wasn't sure what they intended to do to compensate. The comment from Moderation was quite clear to me. Even before the comment, I had the thought of playing through and letting them sort it out after. Which is why we never altered anything and played as normal.
    This place is becoming notorious for twisting words.
This discussion has been closed.