**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4* featured arena is not fair, to Kabam.

I have played this game for 5 months, have 7 4* 4/40, a lot of 4* 3/30.
Before the 4th July, as long as I could win to streak 15, then I used a group of 3 4* 4/40 for streak 16 to 21, I could get to infinite streak without a 4* 5/50. Then, to maintain the infinite streak I used my 3/30s.
Now I have to play until streak 17 to be able to use 4/40. If I use 4/40 at streak 16, I will have to fight a group of 2 5* 5/45 - very difficult match. And now, to maintain the infinite streak, I have to use 1 4* 4/40 and 2 4* 3/30 instead of 3x 4* 4/40, or I will end up in a death match.
The point is, I have no 4*5/50, and don't have a roster good enough just because I joined the game too late (5 months ago), when everybody is so advanced.
Looks, Kabam, now I can not do the infinite streak with the same method I did, I has hit the dead end in this game. And not just me, I mean dead end for new players, in general. MCOC is a good game, I've been playing for 5 months and can't stop playing. I usually grind arena very hard to collect new 4* and 5* shards, that is arguably the main way to expand my roster, and now you shut it down.
Why am I hitting the dead end?
1. I can only find more 4* and rank up to 4, done, NO 4* RANK 5.
2. I can not grind 4* featured arena for 5* shards, hence NO 5*.
3. I can't join advanced alliance for AQ map 5, because I have bad roster, hence NO T4CC.

I classify myself as an intermediate player. I was doing pretty good back in the day I joined. But when I ended the first 2 months, you put me in the bracket with people who've been playing for 3 years,... Well, I thought I could still have a way to go, I could catch up, I could grind 4* featured arena for some 5* shard. Then come July 4th, so many people get the second 5/45, and I can't grind arena anymore. So please, make an arena bracket for players from 2 - 6 months, I think that's the solution. I believe there will be a lot of new players hit my dead end and quit the game. When there are no new players, the game will be dead.
In conclusion, It's not fair when 2 to 6 months players have to compete in arena with veterans whose roster are so advanced now, especially after July 4.

Comments

• TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    edited July 2018
    mike867 wrote: »
    Try sandbag from 13 to 18. 2 top champs and 1 lowest rating champ.
    After streak 19, use AT LEAST 1x 4/40 and 2x 3/30 for inf streak. These outcomes changed as more people can now get 3 5/65

I know how to maintain it. It's just unfair. New players don't have that good roster. How could 2 -5 months players grind that arena? Just a 4* featured arena, not 5* feature.
    I used to play 3 days to get to 2 million pts milestone, and be in 11-30% cutoff. Now if I can only use 1x4/40 + 2x3/30, I can only can get to 1 million milestone, and there will be no 5 star shards in the cutoff.
    "In conclusion, It's not fair when 2 to 6 months players have to compete in arena with veterans whose roster are so advanced now, especially after July 4."

that's why u have beginners/intermediate arenas to help u get champs and new champs in the game.
    Is it fair if a players 1,2,3+ years of playing experience is dwindle to nothing when a new player enters the game?

BACK when the game came out...there was no 5*.
    there was no sig abilities
    where was only 24 characters.
    masteries was non existent,
    u didn't get any shards for dupes
    no summoners advancement or alliance events
    no calender
    no t4cc/t4b,

getting a 4* was next to non existent, even getting u a 4* colossus was an amazing/lucky/godlike pull.

I had to 100% act 3 to get my first 4* witch took me over 4 months at lv 40
    running with only 3*.

So is it fair that older players had to deal with insane amount of struggle?

When I stepped out of the intermediate arena bracket, I only grind arena for milestones and shards. Now I can't even do it, because top players advance their roster.
    I'm not hurry to beat top players, that's not my goal, I play for fun. But I can't proceed not because of me inactive, but because of top players advance there roster, that's unfair.
    Back in the day, old players like you can not have t4cc, fine, nobody have. Now, so many people have it, but I can't, because I don't have a good roster to join gold alliance, so I have to upgrade my champs to join. How? with no t4cc? That's the dead end for new players like me.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    @Tranminhbao
    Noone said its was gone be fast or easy dude. seems like ur just frustrated cause u cant get resources. there are plenty of guides out there, and a player with your roster

t4cc is not a huge problem its just that it takes time. just like how veteran players had to get t4cc back in the day.
    t4cc was valued at 100$ + when it was first released..

now farming them is easier than ever if anything.
    should be farming t4cc with glory story and from aq, map 3,4 and eventually map 5.

work your way up to doing map 5, its easily doable with 4/40's

are u even uncollected? the monthly heroic/master/uncollected give u great rewards when u 100%

u can advance just as fine, Seatin has a FTP account and has become unocllected and he doesnt even grind arena. he started in august and beaten the collector in november

here he is using 4/40's to beat collector
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyteXJIKX2w&list=PLorK3FKNjz2g1pVbcm6h6SQyqe1DBLN04&index=16

Here what u can achieve if u grind and work hard in 9 months, u can see he doesnt even have a stacked 5/50's
    and u can look at his T4CC stash at 8:56 mark

as of today whalemilker27 only has 4207 pvp fight won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lzaXcFmrmM
    edited July 2018
    Thanks you for the links. Sadly, I watched them, and you know what, I can't win the Collector with a group of 4/40 and no 5/50.
    And now Kabam shut down my approach of grinding 4* featured arena, just for milestones and shards in cutoff.
    edited July 2018
    Thanks you for the links. Sadly, I watched them, and you know what, I can't win the Collector with a group of 4/40 and no 5/50.
    And now Kabam shut down my approach of grinding 4* featured arena.

yea u need to work on being uncollected.

hes one of the tougher fights, but hes easily beaten if u use team revives and characters who can stun/power drain on sp1

also use your boost, atk,health and the atk and health boost
    save ur potions and revives, and work on fighting skills.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyteXJIKX2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBZ__QQZpTY&t=0s&list=PL624PaaqoflGLdbQGlDD-y6J6klWncXbZ&index=16

i see ur 5month progression i would work with
    get them to 4/40
    hulk/thor/blade/aa/stark
    Mayhem wrote: »
    I have a new account as of April. So far I have beaten the Collector, 100% Act 1-3, 87% Act 4, 1 path left in RTTL, beat this months uncollected, and have got every basic champ since I started (every featured too until I got in veteran bracket). You need to build a roster, get in a good alliance, and just get good in the game. You aren't able to play featured arenas and win a champ. You need a roster of 5 stars for that now. But basic champ, 3 star champ, and everything else is easy if you just put the time into it.

And before you start... I'm a dad of 2 kids under 5, work a full time job, have a wife, house, dog, the whole 9... I can still make time to play a few hours a day to grind a basic arena where you need to put up less than 3 mil to get a champ.

I remember I didn't have the biggest roster I did..over 6million for nightcrawler basic..and I missed him.
    again this was veteran bracket also, before it was top 5%. instead of 10%.

imagine those newer players back then...
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    I vividly recalled the dread when the first 4* 5/50 made their grand entrance 3 years ago (Scarzzz’s 4* 5/50 Hulk, JumboQ’s 4* 5/50 SIM and The Big Bient’s 4* 5/50 Wolverine). Without masteries. 😩

I absolutely abhored those death matches when using 4* 3/30s then. But on hindsight, I did wish for a moment all my infinite arena fights are like that nowadays. The thrill and the rush of fighting maxed out champion and winning was what made me addicted to the arena.

Just a word of advice. Keep trying. You’ll get the hang of it soon.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You should be happy st your progress. I didn’t get my first 4 star until level 37. I didn’t get my first 4/40 until level 47 and my first 5 star till like 55. The new players are progressing 10 times faster than the older player have so you should be happy.

My buddy has 3 or 4 maxed 4 stars, 1 3/45 5 star, like 6 5 stars all before level 60. Think he’s like level 56. He’s uncollected and just started playing maybe a year ago. Talk about progress.

I started playing 2.5 years ago and it took me almost a year to hang out my first 5/50. Where you are right now.. you’re good.
    Mayhem wrote: »
    I have a new account as of April. So far I have beaten the Collector, 100% Act 1-3, 87% Act 4, 1 path left in RTTL, beat this months uncollected, and have got every basic champ since I started (every featured too until I got in veteran bracket). You need to build a roster, get in a good alliance, and just get good in the game. You aren't able to play featured arenas and win a champ. You need a roster of 5 stars for that now. But basic champ, 3 star champ, and everything else is easy if you just put the time into it.

And before you start... I'm a dad of 2 kids under 5, work a full time job, have a wife, house, dog, the whole 9... I can still make time to play a few hours a day to grind a basic arena where you need to put up less than 3 mil to get a champ.

You are so amazing!
    But how can I find 5 star shards without grinding 4 star featured arena?
  • Mdntpny23Mdntpny23 Posts: 27
    Sadly the game isn't going to adjust to you so you'll need to adjust your fighting. The hardest part I had to used to was I didn't need to win 3 fights, only 2. Plus if you want to win anything in this game, you've got to be able to take out champs 3x your pi rating. Just think, there's no rediculous nodes to contend with, just watch your attacks so you don't get parried.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Grind the 4* basic arena... the one that won’t have 5* death matches, the one in which you can hit all milestones (resulting in more units, gold, battlechips) and likely get 5* shards (maybe even a 4* champion) for 2mil points
    .[/quote]

You are so amazing!
    But how can I find 5 star shards without grinding 4 star featured arena?[/quote]

100% master
    100% uncollected (become uncollected and uncollected monthly should be ur #1 priority)
    this months micro rifts events
    weekly summoner advancement
    alliance war
    4* dupes.

just focus on getting milestones and go for basic champs, they are so easy 3-4m cutoff.

like I said I did over 6m for nightcrawler basic about 1 year 1/2 ago and that wasn't even good enough for top 5%..

it is now top 10%,milestones are better and 4* shards are very easy to get nowadays.

100% master
    100% uncollected (become uncollected and uncollected monthly should be ur #1 priority)
    this months micro rifts events
    weekly summoner advancement
    alliance war
    4* dupes.

just focus on getting milestones and go for basic champs, they are so easy 3-4m cutoff.

like I said I did over 6m for nightcrawler basic about 1 year 1/2 ago and that wasn't even good enough for top 5%..

it is now top 10%,milestones are better and 4* shards are very easy to get nowadays.

Thank you so much. So I have to go for the Collector with 4 star r4/40 now. Hopefully I can do it/
    Sorry for the Nightcrawler back then, I got him from arena a few weeks ago only 2.1 mil :) , frankly you make me feel good. :D
    Alliance war, I'm in tier 13 alliance, no 5 star shards, just 4&3 star, better alliance kicked me.
    4 star basic arena, I got all of them since I joined, include Blade. My ingame name is "tran minh bao", Blade is my profile now, you know how a "grinder" I am. I just feel bad when I can not grind 4 star featured anymore.
    Again, thank you so much for the tips.
    edited July 2018
    @Tranminhbao see, now u know why I'm so hard on new players man.
    I can do 2.1m in my sleep with my roster today vs the roster I had to go against vs the people who all outscored me with over 6m for nightcrawler

but I do have over 110+ 4*
    I don't even need to do basic 4* anymore.

so think about the new players coming in 2,4,6,12 months from now coming out beginner/intermediate arenas and they have to compete against ur roster.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    kabam has changed the matchups for 4* featured. the first wasp arena i got up to a streak of 297. prior to that i got up to 425+ before. i got to a streak of 137 using a constant close ranks of 4* and 5* and on 138 matchup i got 4/55/5/65 matchup against 1/25s... i restarted the streak and got up to 40 and used the same 1/25 team and had the same death match show up.

This is the sudden death match up
    41y3cqa1eo09.png

This is matchup 15 against a stronger team, i keep using two 5/50s and a 3/30 until matchup 21
    26dwhdsuvnyv.png

This is the new streak still on matchup 18 opponents got weaker
    ybdb71l909id.png

This is matchup 41 using 1/25s and got a death squad on 4/55 and 5/65s
    0fms67wml7a5.png

• Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Why not just grind 4* basic arena? No 5*s in there. To some extent the milestones are better for the time it takes to achieve them
    @Rockon
    now you have to team up 2x 1/25 + 1x4/50 or 2x1/25 + 1x2/35 to maintain the infinite streak. That's why I said "unfair". Now you have to abandon some 5 star rank 1 to keep the streak. New players don't have such a good roster.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 ★★★
    Rockon wrote: »
    kabam has changed the matchups for 4* featured. the first wasp arena i got up to a streak of 297. prior to that i got up to 425+ before. i got to a streak of 137 using a constant close ranks of 4* and 5* and on 138 matchup i got 4/55/5/65 matchup against 1/25s... i restarted the streak and got up to 40 and used the same 1/25 team and had the same death match show up.

This is the sudden death match up
    41y3cqa1eo09.png

This is matchup 15 against a stronger team, i keep using two 5/50s and a 3/30 until matchup 21
    26dwhdsuvnyv.png

This is the new streak still on matchup 18 opponents got weaker
    ybdb71l909id.png

This is matchup 41 using 1/25s and got a death squad on 4/55 and 5/65s
    0fms67wml7a5.png

You seem like a close to end game player. You should be more knowledgeable than this. Its understandable coming from lower level players as they don't have much experience
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Why not just grind 4* basic arena? No 5*s in there. To some extent the milestones are better for the time it takes to achieve them

LoL, I grind all 4 star basic and get 4* basic every week. I just feeling lost when I used to grind 4* basic AND 4* featured, now I can ONLY grind 4* basic.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    Don't get discouraged - I think you just need to change your mentality (and possibly practice your skills).

I killed the collector 4 months into my account. You should have been able to find an alliance that is running a mix of map 4 and 5 with just 4/40s in your account. Grinding arena will not get you a 5/50, so you need to learn to use those 4/40s effectively and get some T4CC to get your first 5/50. Make sure you choose that champ wisely and you can probably kill the collector.

The 4* featured arena is probably also not the best arena for you to be doing. The rewards in terms of units / PHCs / etc are much better if you just hit the 3* arena and 4* basic for a while to build up your roster. Just keep doing as much of those as you can, run daily quests for catalysts and get a decent roster of champs up and then you can worry about harder arenas.

The most important thing you can do for your progression is get an alliance to get some T4CC, get the collector down and then start running monthly quests. The arena is not your #1 progression path in this game (It just fuels you with units / shards / gold to help you quest).

• MayhemMayhem Posts: 91
    The way I look at it, I'm not 5 star, and barely 4 star featured material yet. You need to have a larger roster, have 5 stars, and have some guys ranked up to hold your streak.

Keep grinding basic arena, 3 star arena, and even the other 2 star arena. Once you start maxing 2 and 3 stars, every dupe will give you more shards for the next level, then you get maxed sig crystals which will give you even more shards.

Event quests should be done 100% every month. RTTL has some shards in there. ROL will give you T4BC. 100% Act 4. You will eventually get there.

The big arenas are more focused toward end game players who have basically done the entire game and have nothing else to do other than event quests (which are done in a few hours if going for legend titles), AQ, and AW.
  • MayhemMayhem Posts: 91
    On a side note though...

I would like to see another bracket added besides going straight to veteran. An account under a year can't hold any weight against guys that have 2 or 3 years in the game. Even if that bracket was only for the basic champ and a basic 5 star champ.
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    you actually have allot of luck, i started july 16 and after the intermediate bracket i had to grind hard for another 4 months till i could get the first 4* again, hawkeye, i did sleepless nights to get nightcrawler... back then there was only one 4* arena with the featured as the top prize and the basic for the top 5%, im quite sure there where no 5* shards in there back then.
    now you can grind for 3 arenas worth of shards and even champs if you have the roster for them, with the basic and no 5* deathmatches being for the upcomers and the featured aimed for the guys with the bigger rosters.
    keep at it, get the basic champ each week and go for the alpha and t4 basic arenas too, rank your champs and youll get allot of progress done. and yeah, farm units in arena, healthpots from winter soldier in rol and revives in the quests and get the collector down one map at a time.
    @Treinin , @Mayhem, @Deadly2016 Thank you so much for your advice.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    "In conclusion, It's not fair when 2 to 6 months players have to compete in arena with veterans whose roster are so advanced now, especially after July 4."

that's why u have beginners/intermediate arenas to help u get champs and new champs in the game.
    Is it fair if a players 1,2,3+ years of playing experience is dwindle to nothing when a new player enters the game?

BACK when the game came out...there was no 5*.
    there was no sig abilities
    where was only 24 characters.
    masteries was non existent,
    u didn't get any shards for dupes
    no summoners advancement or alliance events
    no calender
    no t4cc/t4b,

getting a 4* was next to non existent, even getting u a 4* colossus was an amazing/lucky/godlike pull.

I had to 100% act 3 to get my first 4* witch took me over 4 months at lv 40
    running with only 3*.

So is it fair that older players had to deal with insane amount of struggle?

When I stepped out of the intermediate arena bracket, I only grind arena for milestones and shards. Now I can't even do it, because top players advance their roster.
    I'm not hurry to beat top players, that's not my goal, I play for fun. But I can't proceed not because of me inactive, but because of top players advance there roster, that's unfair.
    Back in the day, old players like you can not have t4cc, fine, nobody have. Now, so many people have it, but I can't, because I don't have a good roster to join gold alliance, so I have to upgrade my champs to join. How? with no t4cc? That's the dead end for new players like me.

I was in a gold 3 alliance with a baby account until I got too busy and stopped running it. You can do gold if you can play. If you haven't researched masteries you probably need to overhaul your masteries. May help you in arena too.
    @Tranminhbao
    Noone said its was gone be fast or easy dude. seems like ur just frustrated cause u cant get resources. there are plenty of guides out there, and a player with your roster

t4cc is not a huge problem its just that it takes time. just like how veteran players had to get t4cc back in the day.
    t4cc was valued at 100$ + when it was first released..

now farming them is easier than ever if anything.
    should be farming t4cc with glory story and from aq, map 3,4 and eventually map 5.

work your way up to doing map 5, its easily doable with 4/40's

u can advance just as fine, Seatin has a FTP account and has become unocllected and he doesnt even grind arena. he started in august and beaten the collector in november

here he is using 4/40's to beat collector
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyteXJIKX2w&list=PLorK3FKNjz2g1pVbcm6h6SQyqe1DBLN04&index=16

Here what u can achieve if u grind and work hard in 9 months, u can see he doesnt even have a stacked 5/50's
    and u can look at his T4CC stash at 8:56 mark

as of today whalemilker27 only has 4207 pvp fight won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lzaXcFmrmM

Thanks you for the links. Sadly, I watched them, and you know what, I can't win the Collector with a group of 4/40s and no 5/50, I burnt all my unit to act 5.2.4 before getting to the Collector... And the Collector is even more BS.