**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it OK to pilot in non-AW/AQ quests?

Title is pretty self-explanatory. Now, I'm not really sure if I'm using the term piloting correctly, so let me simplify: Are we allowed to let someone else play through Non-Alliance related quests. For example, if I have a friend, and he's really into MCoC, but doesn't have the patience to build up his own team. Hence, he comes to me and asks to play a bit. I say yes. I'm not that big into alliance stuff anyway, so I tell him to go through a story quest or two. Would that be OK? I hear plenty all over the forums about piloting bans, and just want to make sure I'd be safe in doing this.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    If he is playing in your own phone and your own account, I don't think there is any problem. Also, that couldn't be detected.
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    There was a similar question a while ago when a parent asked if it was a violation of TOS to check their child's account, the chat I believe to be specific. A MOD advised it was ok to check the chat to ensure the child was safe, but if he was actually playing the game for the child that it would be a violation of TOS.

But as @will-o-wisp said, if they are playing on your device I have no idea how that would ever be detected.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Is probably not allowed but how could anyone possibly know who's using your account on your phone?
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Although I agree that it would be hard to find someone playing on your device, I'm asking if they did find it, then would you be punished?

Still, thank you for your insight. :)
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Although I agree that it would be hard to find someone playing on your device, I'm asking if they did find it, then would you be punished?

Still, thank you for your insight. :)

They have the right to punish you, yes. Right now they don't punish those "small things" nut that can obviously change.
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    Here is the thread I was talking about. It a few comments down but I think Adora answers your question.

forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/387046#Comment_387046
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Ok, cool thanks everyone!
  • edited July 2018
    Hey guys, there seems to be some confusion about this so I just want to provide you all with some clarification.

Allowing someone else to access and play the game on your account or choosing to play the game using someone else's account is known as account sharing. This is a direct violation of our Terms of Service and is not permitted under any circumstances!

Section 6 of our Terms of Service clearly states:

"You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time and you may not allow anyone else to use your Account at any time".

If any player is found to have shared their account with someone else, we will take all necessary measures to punish them accordingly. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to, the temporary or permanent banning of the account.

If you're ever unsure whether or not something may be against our Terms of Service, you can review them at the link below.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html#tab-en
This discussion has been closed.