**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How about a subscription system?

Other games have a steady income in the form of subscriptions. I think at this point something like that would benefit this game.

Let's say that when you have a subscription you get:
  • Reduced ranking up and level up costs.
  • Exclusive crystals or equivalent that do not rely on RNG (no loot boxes if you are paying).
  • Extra shards on champion duplicates.
  • Exclusive arenas.
  • No entry cost for catalyst arenas.
  • An extra mastery point.
  • The possibility to grow beyond level 60 with freebies on each level, like catalysts and six star shards.
  • Exclusive quests or challenges (non-story related).
  • Exclusive solo events.
  • Exclusive champions (skins only).
  • Daily free units (let´s say, depending on the type of subscription).
  • Preferential support.

Why would I suggest such a thing?
  • All these things are very common in other games.
  • Would help Kabam keep this game in a better shape that is now.
  • Would give players the chance to not rely on luck so much. Would make the real customers happy.
  • Has a lot of incentives to join. Kabam wouldn´t rely so much in offers that may not be for everyone.
  • Would help them improve their infrastructure, and perhaps grow their bugfixing team.
  • Would keep big spenders out of the free to play arenas (if the exclusive ones are more interesting).
  • Alternative version of champions shouldn't represent as much effort as new champions.

While it is nice for this game to be F2P, sometimes it feels like we are asking too much from Kabam if we are not really paying for the game. In this way, we could get more for our money and get a proper service.

Thoughts?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    God no. No offense.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    God no. No offense.

Non taken. I know this is not a popular idea.
  • AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256
    That's basically forcing people to pay
    Anthinho wrote: »
    That's basically forcing people to pay

Why? You can still play for free. Subscriptions are optional.
  • An_Asian_1An_Asian_1 Posts: 58
    It’ll become way too much of a pay to win system and say it does separate the ‘Whales’ and F2P. What about the leaderboard? Will there be a ‘subscription’ one and a non subscription one?
    An_Asian_1 wrote: »
    It’ll become way too much of a pay to win system and say it does separate the ‘Whales’ and F2P. What about the leaderboard? Will there be a ‘subscription’ one and a non subscription one?

Perhaps it should, as the F2P path would be different then. I also think subscriber should belong to their own bracket in arenas (for example).
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    This game is already P2W. We don’t need a bigger gap between F2P and P2W.
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    If the game was ran better I would consider it. I have subbed on other free to play games. But with the state of the game as it is now there is no way I would.

Right now I can’t even play. If I had a sub to this game and couldn’t play it would make me even more pissed.
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    An_Asian_1 wrote: »

The game already is in a pay to win system. I don’t think Kabam will do a subscription system because part of their business model involves getting people to spend money without realizing how much they’ve spent.