**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help with the strategy of assigning defenders in AW

DJyang1996DJyang1996 Posts: 5
edited July 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Hi guys ,need someone to tell me why my boss would place our champions like below.
Normally, I presume MODOK,ultron, Nightcrawler ,eg as good defenders for the boss node,never thought carnage qualify it.But my boss just said there's nothing wrong with it,so can somebody elaborate the strategy behind this ?
Besides,I'm also wondering it's right or not to place Loki on node 53 cause Loki is bad on defense side right?Let alone Loki's sp2 is already unblockable.
And even MODOK had been placed on the node which makes it trigger ability often.
I don't get it all, and appreciate if somebody can explain these to me !
ap7k7jq5gtvv.jpg
x58f5wdvz6mv.jpg

Comments

• M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    What im trying to say is your boss doesnt makes sense. Either he is noob in this game or he choose his own champ to be put on strategic node
  • M1k0rin wrote: »
    What im trying to say is your boss doesnt makes sense. Either he is noob in this game or he choose his own champ to be put on strategic node
    thanks for ur comment ,I'm a newbie,too.Therefore always confused about how to play champions well and utilize them in AW
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Both Carnage and Loki are garnage at defense and should never be picked over Modok (or any other good defender).
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I prefer MODOK on a hidden node personally. Champs who have counters like MODOK shouldn't be visible for attackers to prepare against, they work much better when surprising people. Both Carnage and Loki are awful defenders though regardless of placement.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Carnage as boss, wow!!
    How high is your boss? Give me some of that stuff.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Your boss may be relying on defender diversity for extra points. That said, carnage is just trash on offense and defense. I would question your boss if he thinks carnage is a better boss than modok.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Maybe he is just looking at who has the highest rating and not who makes the beat defender
  • Mjolnir91990Mjolnir91990 Posts: 28
    Yeah carnage as a boss is a terrible idea. Loki isn't too great either. Modok is one of the best defenders in the game imo. No matter his reason, putting carnage on AW defense at all is a bad idea.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Another thing to consider is that your final boss doesn't always matter. 99 times out of 100, if your opponent gets to the boss, they will beat them. You just hope to get 2-3 kills from it. The boss does need to be strong enough to hold up while noded, but doesn't necessarily need to be god-tier either.

The ultimate goal may be more oriented around preventing them from getting to the boss. If you shut down one or two paths, you'll end up winning without even caring who your boss was.