**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Help Event Bugged [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

If you've earned your 1000 point Daily Loyalty limit, you cannot earn any additional points. You can earn more after the day ends and the event resets. Apologies for the confusion. We'll look at updating the text on the screen to clarify this daily limit.

Event needs modifying, what good is a 22 hour event that most members have to wait 14 hours before they can contribute to it.
    some time zones will be going to bed just before it resets so will lose another 6 to 8 hours on top meaning they wont get to contribute, all because they were already at 1k loyalty when the event started.
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    Very lame. My guess is it was not supposed to be like that (else it would say that) and its a glitch they are pretending was intended. Lame event.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Hi all!

If you've earned your 1000 point Daily Loyalty limit, you cannot earn any additional points. You can earn more after the day ends and the event resets. Apologies for the confusion. We'll look at updating the text on the screen to clarify this daily limit.

I don’t mean to be rude, but then the event is almost pointless.
    With it counting all the helps, there might have been a chance that people would be motivates to press help even after reaching the 1k daily limit.
    But in this state, it will probably be an event that most won’t care about ..

The idea is cool tho. Gotta give you credits for that.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    Same thing with my alliance as well help not working.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    I've hit "help" several times, and it's not showing my participation in the event.

Do you have to be under the 1K loyalty limit for it to register? Or, can you still participate after you hit your limit?

Or, is it how many times an alliance member helps your request?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    You only earn points when you also earn loyalty. You will have to wait for the daily loyalty bar to reset to earn points again.

Apparently it's "working as intended" :|

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/490327/#Comment_490327
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    I have helped over a hundred entries since the event popped up and requested help for more than a dozen champs and requested energy and yet I somehow have zero points in the event.

etveutmegfp4.png
    sa6ndvkczuti.png
  • Mine is not working as well.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Must be under the daily 1k limit for it to work.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Seriously? Then what’s even the point?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Yeah,
    Hi all!

It would be better to just have it count on ANY help press, since after 1000, people really don't do it as much as they should.

And it may not be even possible to get any rewards now, since nobody will be grinding when the loyalty resets, so, lots of people will miss out on rewards. :(
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Hi all!

With this limit in place, can you revisit the amount of points earned per help? Or maybe the points for milestones required. 1 point each for 1000 points to get the final milestone puts a huge disadvantage to small alliances or ones that don't grind arena.

As it stands now, its going to be the most hated daily event similar to duel skirmish (which you got rid of)
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    edited July 2018
    Hi all!

Ate you sure about this? Doesn’t seem to make any sense. You are not earning additional loyalty points you are earning “1 point for each alliance help” and I see people in my alliance with like 40 to 50 points which I’m pretty sure is more helps than it takes to reach your 1000 loyalty threshold
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,149 ★★★★★
    Hi all!

and u May wont to dubbel chek it. Im dont Think your point ADD op im rareter wont @Kabam Miike To tell US what going one. It simpelt dont make this event any fun at all just. Boring.

• TheEducationTheEducation Posts: 93
    There are a few members of my alliance that are not receiving credit for sending help and thus are not eligible for the rewards. Has this issue already been raised?
  • TheEducationTheEducation Posts: 93
    please disregard...i found the existing thread for this issue
  • RockyB239RockyB239 Posts: 696
    Hi all!

Wow. So you're saying it better to leave your alliance mates waiting for help to score higher for the event? This is counter to everything an Alliance should be doing. I thought this event was supposed to promote unity within the Alliance while helping your teammates. This is a terrible event.
  • UndeadUndead Posts: 27
    This wasn't thought out very well was it...
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    This is an alliance help event, not a loyalty gaining event. Hitting the loyalty limit should have no effect on gaining points for this event. Shouldn't the point of this event be to encourage people to continue helping their alliance mates even after they've hit the daily loyalty limit?
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I really think you should re tool this event. I thought it was a good idea til i saw the mods response. Itd really help arena grinders if you just kept a running tally and not based on how much loyalty is earned. I get my 1000 within 10 minutes of the reset. This seems ill advised to say the least.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Hi all!

That's just asinine. That actually discourages people from hitting help.

Seriously... What goes on in your meetings when you design #### like this?
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Lol horrible event....
  • VeggettaVeggetta Posts: 42
    Do content designers actually play games?
  • Fighter092Fighter092 Posts: 128
    edited July 2018
    Duel skirmish = alliance help, different names same BS
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Hi all!

Just a quick question: what’s the thinking behind these new events? They seem a little thrown together.

Dr. Zola
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Duel event is better than this. Such an ill designed event overall. What's going to be next, alliance event that you need og vision or dead pool to gain points?
  • So in case you aren't aware, if you have already helped to 1000 loyalty you don't get points for the event. Working as intended. I sent this:

Your alliance help event is flawed. It should not hinder people who already hit their maximum loyalty rewards from helping the alliance with the alliance event. Many of us won't reset until after the event is over. It goes against your written slogan that you can still help the alliance once you have hit your 1000 points. Besides it is a completely different event from the daily loyalty benefit.

I absolutely hate what this event is making us do. I have put a hold on helping if you already hit 50. I can't believe I even said this. It goes against everything we believe in. No rewards are worth this!