**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Facebook Scam???

I was scrolling through Facebook and a post from MCOC's official account pops up on my feed. It asks me to reply to it say "My best game" and if you click on the link it makes you take a survey and put in information such as your full name, birthday and street address. The offer says you win 1,000 units and 1,000 gold. I was a bit skeptical, but the unit junkie in me kept tell me it'll be okay. Maybe I should've used a fake phone number because all afternoon I have been getting phone calls from different companies. All of which would have been worth it if I got the freaking units

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    You probably mistaked it with another facebook page ...
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    In your case, I hope there's NOTHING worse than just annoying phone calls from different companies. I hope you didn't provide more than enough info for them to do something nastier. On the other hand, I have no surprise why Online Scam, Online Phishing, Email Phishing, Telephone Scam, etc still works so well all around the world and continue to claim so many victims each year.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    ltjkikelwale.gif
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    if you fall for scams when its obviously a scam i don't and won't feel sorry for you
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Yeah you got scammed me and another guy made posts about this a few days ago. Better change your number
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    It came up as a sponsored marvel contest of champions post, saw it yesterday may be something you all want to look at. It could lead to some problems in the game if people are giving info involved with the game.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    the fact that people are falling for this just makes me question life
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    It definitely looked like an obvious scam, but kabam should be concerned Facebook is allowing imposters to have sponsored posts trying to harm their players. But who knows, maybe they aren’t concerned about these sort of things.
  • _Mac_203_Mac_203 Posts: 40
    I saw that too... but obviously too good to be true lol
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    One of my members so that and I steered them away from it because I was fishy and said it was a tool generator.

All kinds of these things pop up all over the place looking for gullible people to use it and eventually get themselves or their alliances in trouble, wish kabam would make it harder for these things and hacks to exist
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Future Reference Free units usually = A scam
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Haha. Kabam and free stuff. Haha. That's an oxymoron.
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 116
    edited July 2018
    Swagbucks turns surveys into Itunes gift cards so it wasn't that farfetched. I didn't give my ssn or credit card info or anything dumb like that. I might be desperate for free units but I'm not dumb enough to let it cost me real money.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Just clicking on a link like that may have offered more personal information than you realize. That undetected backdoor Trojan or bot isn’t worth the attempt.
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 116
    ciae3svzyh74.png
  • Hey All,

If anybody sees this Ad again, could you please send us the link to the Facebook page that this is sponsored by? We want to take a look into this, and are doing out best to find the offending page, but could use your help!

To be clear, this is not us, and this is not a promotion that we condone. Please do not click that link, and do not fill out the information it asks for. This is for your own safety!
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Notcho59 wrote: »
    I was a bit skeptical

Clearly not skeptical enough. Obviously a fake offer.
    Notcho59 wrote: »
    ciae3svzyh74.png

One second of checking to see if this was a scam would have shown you that the name in your screenshot is not the name of the official MCOC Facebook account.