**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 14.0 Discussion Thread

Hey Everybody!

Marvel Contest of Champions v14.0 drops July 5th! This is a very Bug Fix centric release. Find out more in the patch notes: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog

Comments

• TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    - Fixed text issues in the descriptions of Ultron, Star-Lord, and Guillotine

What exactly were the issues and will the fix alter the champions and if so how?
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    No fix to any of the garbage champions in the 5* crystal. Hope this 10000 "fix" for the evade is real too.

Dissapointing to say the least.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Wow. Looks like they've been busy. Thanks Miike.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Looking forward the the new loading times in the arena.
    Hope this patch also brings up optimization for old android devices
  • RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★
    Mike, has electra and gwenpools ability to reduce evade chance been fixed in this patch? it wasnt last patch and @Kabam Wolf said in another thread it would be fixed in this one. nothing about it in the patch notes however..
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    It says you've fixed LoL UC so his unstoppable Sig ability works.
    What about our 5* UCs sig ability, is that going to work?
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    edited July 2017
    - Fixed an issue causing Labyrinth's Unstoppable Colossus' Signature Ability from working
    so how is it fair to fix him now after this time ??? so many people didn't have to deal with him and no you are telling us we have to deal with this s**t??? at least increase the rewards for that !!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    It says you've fixed LoL UC so his unstoppable Sig ability works.
    What about our 5* UCs sig ability, is that going to work?

It is supposed to be fixed by now
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 134
    Has the "perpetual loading" issue on Android been fixed in this patch? I don't see it mentioned in the notes and the mods have been casually ignoring the ever-growing thread for a month now.
  • Rvz wrote: »
    Mike, has electra and gwenpools ability to reduce evade chance been fixed in this patch? it wasnt last patch and @Kabam Wolf said in another thread it would be fixed in this one. nothing about it in the patch notes however..

I'll have to check on that. I know that the team has been working on it, but don't know if it made it in for this patch or not.
    hifans808 wrote: »
    There was another post about this but what does "in-line" mean:
    - The following Champion Special Attacks have been brought in line with the rest of the roster:
    Drax Special 2
    Hawkeye Special 2
    Ronan Special 2
    Thanos Special 1
    Thor Special 2
    Scarlet Witch Special 1

Are they stronger? Weaker? Easier to connect? What was done to each character?

This is actually to do with the Bullet Point right above it, "Fixed an issue where the last hit on some character special animations had longer than normal block stun durations". What this means is that if you were to block that attack, your character would stay in the block state longer than normal.

This one made me happy. I was frustrated with still holding Block after I released.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Hey Miike, I've started a big thread on bugs that are still problems. If you guys need to see what's up, check this thread out:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/6007/mega-thread-of-all-bugs#latest
  • Tonic24kTonic24k Posts: 56
    @Kabam Miike - What's the deal with the parry bug? I experience it EVERYDAY. I even made a video exemplifying its inconsistency and sent it in to support. They said they're aware of the bug and working on a fix.....but that was months ago.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    edited July 2017
    -So 10 champs out of 100+ have been made easier to chain a combo into special but let me guess, AI speed will still be ridiculously high, all other champs will still have dificulty chaining into special after 5 combo, and we will expected to wait another month for another patch? If you could fix 10 champs why couldn't you fix them all at once to chain normally?

- Please define "brought in line with others."

- Please define has anything or will anything ever be done about AI instant attacking you even before the evade animation is complete and how many times must we bring this up.

- Please define why only 10 select champs are getting reworked to chain faster and not all of them. I still cant chain a Moonknight SP1 after 5 hits for example, no mention of it there.

-Please define how are you planning to adjust parry timing to this new "increased block transition speed". Are you saying we will now have all new parry timings?
  • freyfrey Posts: 5
    See no mention to fixes of the game crashing after random fights, or the loading screen freezes.
    Whats the point on any game improvements if you cant even get it working properly.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Also please kindly tell your player base when can we expect less crashing and non stop loading after and before fights on Android.
    The new streamline is what I suspect refers to the loading issue.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    How is this worthy of 14.0 and is not 13.2 (or whatever)? It appears to be devoid of any new features, are y'all holding back in something?
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157

No, the new streamline feature is new. It will allow us to advance to the next fight much faster doing arena instead of always going back to the versus screen between each fight. Faster arena = more points able to put up
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

No the loading issues is where it gets stuck loading infinitely, if it was the streamline they would say that but that is for arena
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

No the loading issues is where it gets stuck loading infinitely, if it was the streamline they would say that but that is for arena

I know what issue they're referring to. I'm assuming the new streamline will address it.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    How is this worthy of 14.0 and is not 13.2 (or whatever)? It appears to be devoid of any new features, are y'all holding back in something?

The streamline thing might be new. Forged to Fight has a "next fight" button in arena battles right after you win. That might be what is being referenced here, but it shouldn't be worthy of it's own new version.
  • SlySly wrote: »
    -So 10 champs out of 100+ have been made easier to chain a combo into special but let me guess, AI speed will still be ridiculously high, all other champs will still have dificulty chaining into special after 5 combo, and we will expected to wait another month for another patch? If you could fix 10 champs why couldn't you fix them all at once to chain normally?

- Please define "brought in line with others."

- Please define has anything or will anything ever be done about AI instant attacking you even before the evade animation is complete and how many times must we bring this up.

- Please define why only 10 select champs are getting reworked to chain faster and not all of them. I still cant chain a Moonknight SP1 after 5 hits for example, no mention of it there.

-Please define how are you planning to adjust parry timing to this new "increased block transition speed". Are you saying we will now have all new parry timings?

Hey SlySly,

We actually have answered some of these questions already. If you look back, you'll see that "Brought in line with" refers to the bullet point above, and has to do with the Block duration being too long for those attacks, leaving players stuck in the block position well after the attack is over.

The Evade issue is actually called out in these patch notes, and has been reduced severely in the past. This one should fix the issue completely (hopefully).

Since each Champion has to be reworked one by one to improve their speed from Combo into a special, we are not able to do them all at the same time, nor is it affecting every Champion in the game. If there are some that you're seeing in particular, please let us know. I'll let the team know about Moon Knight.

There should not be any need to change Parry timing with this update, and should in fact make it more consistent.
    I'm pleased with the issues addressed. Parry Knockback was a big one for me. With any Patch, they can't fix every issue known. It's just how it is. This Patch has a number of fixes.
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Hey @Kabam Miike thanks for the breakdown; had another question as I had been messaging @Kabam Wolf a lot about the enemy evading/attacking bug still being present. In the notes you say:

"Fixed an issue where the enemy could perform special attacks while in the middle of an evade animation"

Does that mean they'll still be able to evade and perform a basic attack at the same time? Because that's what was happening to me, against regular Spidey in Act V.2, against symbiote Spidey in AW, and so on
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Maybe I missed it, did Mordo's block issue get addressed
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Probably because of the features being released as part of the 'Stark Assignments'

Its not mentioned in the change log but I saw it on Trucos FB page