**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Android Problem and possible cause

Since my game has been crashing a lot lately, I thought that maybe it's a memory leak issue.
I go into the memory usage and I see this. Maximum of 765 MB used, that's definitely too high of ram usage.

Can anyone please confirm what's the memory/ram use on your Android phone?

1wi8ysj7duo1.png

Comments

• Mine has been up above 1 gig of ram at some point according to my android ram usage page.
    I have definitely noticed some really weird performance problems with this patch and i also thought there was some memory issues going on because i've recently had really weird slowdowns after a few fights and it wouldnt stop until i had to exit and restart the game. Never had this problem before tbh. And when i exited the game it took ages for the android tablet to reload the icons on my home screen.
  • rhvah0gqclgr.png
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Can a mod please confirm if MCOC is supposed to be using that much peak RAM?

Meanwhile, I'll try to do some more tests with RAM monitoring.
    Thanks.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike

So here's what happened, I just did arena like regular and after 12 rounds -

1) Ram usage was about 80%
    2) the screen flickered
    3) Game crashed and it seemed like all other apps crashed with it. RAM usage went down to 50%
    4) Slowly RAM usage resumed to 65% as other apps recovered.

Hopefully this can help. Is there any hardware risk here?
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    So I've played this game on android about 95% of my mcoc life, I recently got an iPad and started playing on that. It made me realized the amount of useless extra graffics/screen movements that happen. Kabam needs to dial back the huge visual load of this game for the sake of the players devices. All these glitches and issues started around the time they buffed the frame rate and got rid of the drax "bug"
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Kabam has been heavy focused on increasing visuals (eye candy) with almost every update. Mobile devices have a limit for hardware. This update has exceeded safe stability. Cpu/gpu clock times are being affected as if rooting the device to overclock to keep up. When the gpu is unable to support the visuals it tries to use virtual ram which puts more stress on the cpu causing overheating. There change to frameratea was also a very bad business decision as most (not all) devices are not designed for the alternating framerates. The safest solution is for kabam to add a settings tab for visuals for everyone. Pc games have this option. Many console games have this option. If kabam wants to play with the big games they need to allow users to adjust gfx for there device.