**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Node 30 in AW is insane!

Comments

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Ether wrote: »
    Random question. Do disconnects count as loses in AW? I crashed in the middle of a fight earlier.

It’s a death
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    CoachLed wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »
    Virtually impossible without the right champ. That is not how things should be. You shouldn’t have to have a certain champ in order to beat a certain node. I’m not saying make it easier. I’m saying make it manageable for more than just Void.

If you’re talking about Medusa then no. She can be taken down with any of the more popular R4 champs on that node.

I call bull. I’m a skilled player and I can’t touch her. Not even boosted with my R5 Blade or R4 Iceman. You can’t tell me it doesn’t take a certain champ.

Maybe just cause Blade doesn’t steamroll through war anymore that you’re unhappy?

Not at all. Just don’t like that you have to have a specific champ to beat that node. And even Void is no guarantee.

You don’t need a certain oddball champ, seriously.
    My alliance has tried blade, void, Iceman, GP, Hyperion etc. All have failed. R5 Medusa there has been nearly impossible without super spending. I would love to hear what you all have been using to beat that node...with a R5 Medusa.

Magik. Have a video of an ally mate clearing a R5 Medusa on that node but since it’s proving tough for people to handle, I don’t see the reason why I should teach strangers who are not in my ally how to handle her there.

I believe it when you say that someone was able to beat a R5 Medusa on node 30 with a magik. But how many items did they use? And can they do it consistently? Can’t we all just agree that that node might be a little too buffed.

0. Yes. It’s not.
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    A guy in my bg gets through that node no problem with sparky, blade, and mephisto. Haven’t seen him die yet to it

Virtually every post of yours is about how easy every aspect of the game is, I don’t know whether you’re trolling or bragging, I’m guessing the latter. Is there any fight in the history of the game that you’ve struggled with?

Regardless, maybe bear in mind that players in Tier 5 with under-developed rosters and skills also have to deal with most of the difficulty of this node for a tiny fraction of the rewards you get in the higher tiers, try to see someone else’s perspective for once.

Tier 5 with underdeveloped rosters? Works both ways, on the attacker AND defender side.
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    Try fighting Domino on that node.

It's the stupidest thing I've seen to date.

Yeah the block breaking. Lol
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    That node is fine. You don’t want any challenge?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Anyone solo a 5/65 Hyperion on node 30 in tier 1-3 multiple times with no item use? Have yet to see anyone claim Voodoo doesn’t work.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Anyone solo a 5/65 Hyperion on node 30 in tier 1-3 multiple times with no item use? Have yet to see anyone claim Voodoo doesn’t work.

Not specific to the 5/65 Hype, but I know some still have issues with DV's specials getting blocked no matter where in the combo they launch them, so YMMV =P
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Not specific to the 5/65 Hype, but I know some still have issues with DV's specials getting blocked no matter where in the combo they launch them, so YMMV =P

@Amonthir Yes that issue has gotten worse again, 5-hit combos don't chain Voodoo's sp2 safely. If that's the only downside to using Voodoo on node 30 he can avoid that by using his sp2 on 2-hit/3-hit/4-hit combos.

I haven't tried Voodoo out on node 30 in tier 1-5 but using him the same way players use Magik to keep Dormammu cornered would keep Hyperion's power low without feeding cornered or masochism while avoiding massive block damage from aspect of evolution.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

@Amonthir Yes that issue has gotten worse again, 5-hit combos don't chain Voodoo's sp2 safely. If that's the only downside to using Voodoo on node 30 he can avoid that by using his sp2 on 2-hit/3-hit/4-hit combos.

I haven't tried Voodoo out on node 30 in tier 1-5 but using him the same way players use Magik to keep Dormammu cornered would keep Hyperion's power low without feeding cornered or masochism while avoiding massive block damage from aspect of evolution.

Voodoo is a bit tougher to use since his SP2 power drain can get eaten up by Masochism. Magik's power lock proc's twice (on each hit of her SP2) so even though Masochism eats the first power lock the second one is likely to stick. This makes her a little more reliable to use against node 30. You can probably still use Voodoo but you will have to be much more careful and that can leave room for error.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Magik definitely seems the most reliable there, and plenty of people have her. And as such, we are working on good replacements for him there, even though he still gets at least 1 kill, usually 2-4.

For our guy with the DV issue, his L2 is too unreliable at any point in the combo, so we just changed lanes for him. It still sucks though.
    edited July 2018
    is a bit tougher to use since his SP2 power drain can get eaten up by Masochism. Magik's power lock proc's twice (on each hit of her SP2) so even though Masochism eats the first power lock the second one is likely to stick. This makes her a little more reliable to use against node 30. You can probably still use Voodoo but you will have to be much more careful and that can leave room for error.

@Ultimatheory Voodoo’s power drain is on odd combos. Use his sp2 on an even combo and he activates power burn. Power burn doesn’t trigger masochism or cornered.
    Magik definitely seems the most reliable there, and plenty of people have her. And as such, we are working on good replacements for him there, even though he still gets at least 1 kill, usually 2-4.

For our guy with the DV issue, his L2 is too unreliable at any point in the combo, so we just changed lanes for him. It still sucks though.

Voodoo’s sp2 doesn’t chain consistently but there are ways to limit it getting blocked like backing up after 2-4 hit combos and using his sp2 to intercept instead of intercepting with strikes.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Every time you cross a bar of power it will feed Aspect of Evolution which increases power gain. Since you never actually lock Hyp you run the risk of feeding it more every time. Not saying it can’t be done but Magik seems like the safer option.
    edited July 2018
    Every time you cross a bar of power it will feed Aspect of Evolution which increases power gain. Since you never actually lock Hyp you run the risk of feeding it more every time. Not saying it can’t be done but Magik seems like the safer option.

That complicates things a lot, I forgot aspect of evolution does more than reduce block proficiency. My alliance was tier 2-3 last season, we started over a month ago and as of now have only reached tier 6 so my Voodoo suggestion isn’t based on experience.

Voodoo’s sp2 power burn can keep enemies at 0 power when it consumes 3 loas. A 5/65 Voodoo with a high sig ability can easily maintain power burn while building power for his next sp2, even without MD. The hard part would be not getting screwed by RNG when trying to stack loas.

I now get why players have been saying Magik is the best option. I’d like to see someone try using Proxima Midnight with an invulnerability boost. At 4/55 her sp2 can do 180K+ damage when she has a 100+ hit combo, her prowess buffs could be enough for her to solo node 30 enemies without needing to land a 100+ hit combo first.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    I think there should be nodes that are very very hard to counter.....
    Nodes that take skill and right champ v right champ.....
    Not everything should be a one size fits all.... different paths should require different attack teams....
    It is part of war that deaths occur....
    They need to bring back defender kills....
    That way when people die to a node like this they will think twice before reviving....
    Then and only then will war work properly.... the best llayers with the best teams will win. The fact you can buy 1000000000 revives wont matter...
    linux wrote: »

I've generally appreciated your contributions here. I guess I'm not quite as good as you -- but I'm a decent long-term player with a full rooster of solid champs (prestige over 7800, with some decent r4 options for this node). There is a place for a hard challenge to differentiate different alliances, but this node isn't optional -- making 29 hard would be reasonable; making 30 hard puts too much pressure on the person on path 6 to finish it.

I've killed hard champs there (Medusa this last war, though it wasn't pretty) ... it just isn't fun. It was enough to convince me not to try to join a Plat1 or higher alliance -- and if I'm really giving up on that maybe it's time to stop playing. If this makes players like me have that response, I don't think it's good for the game.

@linux This node has been out for close to a month. There's not a single video out on YouTube or Reddit of someone soloing a 5/65 Medusa or Hyperion without using items or boosts. Sparky handles Domino and others and Blade can take down Killmonger and Mephisto if played with enough skill. The trend in tier 1-3 seems to be to skip node 30 and clear the remaining nodes.

No doubt a r5 Magik can handle 5/65 Medusa and Hyperion on 30. Medusa's living strands is a lot easier to counter when she can be stunned. Hyperion seems to be the most difficult defender there, you'd have to time parries when Magik's limbo is active to prevent KO from block damage while power locking when the masochism timer is resetting. It doesn't make sense for players to say this node is not OP because they have the necessary 5/65 champion to handle specific 5/65 defenders.
    edited July 2018

I've generally appreciated your contributions here. I guess I'm not quite as good as you -- but I'm a decent long-term player with a full rooster of solid champs (prestige over 7800, with some decent r4 options for this node). There is a place for a hard challenge to differentiate different alliances, but this node isn't optional -- making 29 hard would be reasonable; making 30 hard puts too much pressure on the person on path 6 to finish it.

I've killed hard champs there (Medusa this last war, though it wasn't pretty) ... it just isn't fun. It was enough to convince me not to try to join a Plat1 or higher alliance -- and if I'm really giving up on that maybe it's time to stop playing. If this makes players like me have that response, I don't think it's good for the game.

@linux This node has been out for close to a month. There's not a single video out on YouTube or Reddit of someone soloing a 5/65 Medusa or Hyperion without using items or boosts. Sparky handles Domino and others and Blade can take down Killmonger and Mephisto if played with enough skill. The trend in tier 1-3 seems to be to skip node 30 and clear the remaining nodes.

No doubt a r5 Magik can handle 5/65 Medusa and Hyperion on 30. Medusa's living strands is a lot easier to counter when she can be stunned. Hyperion seems to be the most difficult defender there, you'd have to time parries when Magik's limbo is active to prevent KO from block damage while power locking when the masochism timer is resetting. It doesn't make sense for players to say this node is not OP because they have the necessary 5/65 champion to handle specific 5/65 defenders.

I actually do have a video of Magik soloing a r5 Medusa on that node by my ally mate. Been lacking opponents lately since the last 2 wars were empty maps. Would love to post a video of it.
    edited July 2018

I actually do have a video of Magik soloing a r5 Medusa on that node by my ally mate. Been lacking opponents lately since the last 2 wars were empty maps. Would love to post a video of it.

Don't doubt you have that video, if you don't use health/attack/special AW boosts that's impressive. I'll be trying 5/65 Voodoo and 4/55 Proxima Midnight on node 30 once we move up another tier. Proxima's sp2 can do 30K+ damage per hit (4 total) once she has 2 of her 3 max prowess buffs active. Her sp2 stun would feed masochism, but use it when she's close to 3 bars of power and she's able to heal block enemies on her sp1 before the masochism timer resets. Land her sp1 with a 50+ hit combo and the heal block lasts for 14 instead of 7 seconds.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    As a long-time user of Dr. Strange pre-12.0, I chuckle at discussions on how hard Medusa in AW is. He is viable again with Mephisto sinergy and MD5 can mitigate his longer cycles.

After 1 year of absence from the game, I unearthed Strange upon encountering Medusa. He absolutely DESTROYS her. Her furies being countered feed Strange's specials and he never has to block her, instead just dash back + shoot a special whenever she attacks.

Too bad he is not available as a 5*, as he might not be strong enough as a 4* and time out on node 30.
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    As a long-time user of Dr. Strange pre-12.0, I chuckle at discussions on how hard Medusa in AW is. He is viable again with Mephisto sinergy and MD5 can mitigate his longer cycles.

After 1 year of absence from the game, I unearthed Strange upon encountering Medusa. He absolutely DESTROYS her. Her furies being countered feed Strange's specials and he never has to block her, instead just dash back + shoot a special whenever she attacks.

Too bad he is not available as a 5*, as he might not be strong enough as a 4* and time out on node 30.

@KoperBoy Strange's sp2 causes masochism to trigger. I don't think he'd be able to get a node 30 5/65 Medusa down even with multiple attempts, she has 170K+ health on node 30 in tiers 1-3.
  • Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    I one shot a r4 Medusa on that node, 10% champions boast, with a non duped 6 star Loki. I don’t have the trinity so enjoy a node that requires more skill.
    Kayne34 wrote: »
    I one shot a r4 Medusa on that node, 10% champions boast, with a non duped 6 star Loki. I don’t have the trinity so enjoy a node that requires more skill.

r4 much easier than r5
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bLqSft-3S0

My vid against medusa on node 30, i did boost because i wanted to see how the fight would be to get ready for season, but i don't think it would be any different unboosted.
  • Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    true, but the fury buffs I would steal for aspects of war and medusa fury buffs would be that much stronger. I would bet it actually wouldn’t take significantly bigger combo streak to finish her but can’t say I have experience facing one.
    danielmath wrote: »

My vid against medusa on node 30, i did boost because i wanted to see how the fight would be to get ready for season, but i don't think it would be any different unboosted.

@danielmath Very nice! Easily the best counter I've seen for node 30 Medusa. Seems like an MCOC veterans group was right about Hyperion being the harder of the two defenders on that node.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »

@KoperBoy Strange's sp2 causes masochism to trigger. I don't think he'd be able to get a node 30 5/65 Medusa down even with multiple attempts, she has 170K+ health on node 30 in tiers 1-3.

Yep, that's why I think he would time out. Masochism should gain a % of life from basic health like Willpower, and not be based on boosted health.

As a 5*, he would be strong enough to get her down even with masochism, as often he would shoot consecutive SP2's with MD5, which are not that weak. Especially under Fury.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    danielmath wrote: »

Damn 4 souls? what happens if the diversity nodes are empty. Do you get 2 from guillotine synergy and dupe on MS?