Modoks SP1

Vood5Vood5 Member Posts: 19
Not sure if it is a bug or not but when fighting against Modok and blocking his sp1 he always seems to power reduce even though a power gain buff on my character (typically Hyperion) is not active. I thought blocks unless otherwise stated in description block these types of abilities (see Massacre). I also have never noticed this happening against defenders who block an sp1 when I use Modok as an attacker and their power gain is active. (Generally I need to get better at evading the pesky sp1 and then the problem would be solved either way). Thoughts?

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Member Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Modok's sp1 reverses all regen and power gain, even if dodged or blocked. So evading it will not make any difference.
    As for the power reduction while not having power gain, i have no idea. Though one theory i have is that since modok's sp1 does not generate power in the opponent, maybe it gives power as normal, but then deducts it away. Probably not that though
  • Vood5Vood5 Member Posts: 19
    It definitely reduces power that you had already so it seems more of a bug for a defending modok. The way the description reads it should only be for when power or health is gain is happening during the duration of the Sp1. It certainly seems that way if you are you are using Modok on attack anyway.
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Member Posts: 168
    You get a slight bit of power when the opponent hits your block. So it will be just reversing that power as damage I'm guessing
  • SighsohardSighsohard Member Posts: 666 ★★★
    GSTAR21 wrote: »
    You get a slight bit of power when the opponent hits your block. So it will be just reversing that power as damage I'm guessing

Correct. It’s reversing the power you would have otherwise gained from the block damage
  • Vood5Vood5 Member Posts: 19
    I don't think so as Modoks Sp1 doesn't generate power from block