**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Honest question

Don't get mad at me for asking Kabam, but this question has been bothering me for a while now. Why is Gwen Stacey - dressed as Deadpool - sooo good and Carnage (one of the best villains of all time) such garbage? I mean he's really bad. First you mess up Phoenix then Carnage? Not to mention all he other champs that should be much better. Then you have Gwen Stacy one of your best characters?! Hahahahahah!!! Not sure what the marketing team is telling the design team but it needs to stop. Please fix the bad Champions and make a quality game that is more enjoyable. Nobody likes the amount of disappointment when opening up one of them.

Comments

• Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    SlowDigz wrote: »
    Don't get mad at me for asking Kabam, but this question has been bothering me for a while now. Why is Gwen Stacey - dressed as Deadpool - sooo good and Carnage (one of the best villains of all time) such garbage? I mean he's really bad. First you mess up Phoenix then Carnage? Not to mention all he other champs that should be much better. Then you have Gwen Stacy one of your best characters?! Hahahahahah!!! Not sure what the marketing team is telling the design team but it needs to stop. Please fix the bad Champions and make a quality game that is more enjoyable. Nobody likes the amount of disappointment when opening up one of them.

Despite the name "Gwenpool", the character has no relation to either Deadpool or Gwen Stacy.

Gwen Poole is her name.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    People seem to forget carnage was not really all powerful he was just a crazy killer that ended up dying to sentry that's really it
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    Honestly, this is bothering me, too. Superhero games like this canNOT have much of a gap in usefulness. Everyone should be about as good as each other, just in different ways. Otherwise you end up with people going for 8 mil in Arena, then other going for 2 mil. If the game was realistic at all - well, not realistic, it's superheroes, but you know what I mean - champs like Hulk, Deadpool, and Wolverine would demolish champs like Hawkeye and Captain America. Things need to be more even. Champs need to be buffed, and it definitely includes Carnage. Here's a thread about buffs that need to happen in order for the game to improve. If you have ideas, post in here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/87/characters-that-need-buffed-or-changed-big-time/p1
  • Options
    @Sirnoob so why is Gwenpool as good as she is? Care to comment on why Phoenix is so bad?

GwenPool is fan pandering in my view they did it cause they wanted to Phoenix from what I have been told takes some use but is pretty good keep IN mind this is a unique that has been affected by iso 8 and no one knows the extent of that that is the lore anwser real anwser eveRyan marvel game developers make a design design on certain champs if this game was to copy 616 thor would be gone Ironman would be gone squirrel girl would be op and every other month x-men would reset
  • Options
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    @Sirnoob so why is Gwenpool as good as she is? Care to comment on why Phoenix is so bad?

GwenPool is fan pandering in my view they did it cause they wanted to Phoenix from what I have been told takes some use but is pretty good keep IN mind this is a unique that has been affected by iso 8 and no one knows the extent of that that is the lore anwser real anwser eveRyan marvel game developers make a design design on certain champs if this game was to copy 616 thor would be gone Ironman would be gone squirrel girl would be op and every other month x-men would reset

That made less sense than the 14.0 patch notes. Please reiterate, in English this time.
  • Options

That made less sense than the 14.0 patch notes. Please reiterate, in English this time.

Just like comics reiterate champs whenever they want so do game developers do it as well
  • Options

Just like comics reiterate champs whenever they want so do game developers do it as well

That made less sense. You're close to the negatives now. What the heck did you mean?!
  • Options

That made less sense. You're close to the negatives now. What the heck did you mean?!

DO u actually read the comics?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Whenever marvel wants to make a new universe they change something in this game champs r showed a new element iso 8 it tweaks champs in ways no one can predict this is why Hulk can punch rocket and still get hit back
    Also my og comment was to anwser the ops question on why certain champs they he might view less noticeable are better then others
  • Options

DO u actually read the comics?

No, but you said something about comics reiterating things after I asked you to reiterate something.
  • Options

Whenever marvel wants to make a new universe they change something about certain champs as of n

Okay, that makes some sense now. Thank you.
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    @wray1976 Gwendolyn "Gwen" Poole is a fictional character who appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, originating as an amalgam of Gwen Stacy and Deadpool from a variant cover of Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #2, one of twenty variant covers published due to the popularity of Spider-Gwen from June 2015.

Still not her
    This is getting off topic. I really didn't want others to chime in. The question was directed towards a Kabam employee. Although, I do like it when people like @wray1976 chime in and don't know what they're talking about.

Sorry we all can't be super knowledgeable ass clowns.
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    People seem to forget carnage was not really all powerful he was just a crazy killer that ended up dying to sentry that's really it

Carnage was stronger than venom and Spider-Man.
  • Options
    It's not even about how strong he is in the comics. It's about making a fun 'balanced' game.

They've already stated the have to adjust characters to make it fair. Hulk vs hawkeye was the example given.

What I dont understand is how one character can have
    Regen
    Dispelling
    Power drain
    Ability accuracy reduction
    And nuts damage

And carnage gets nothing.

Low stats
    Low damage
    Awkward bleed generation

And is heavily countered by bleed immunes.

He's certainly not balanced.
  • Options
    NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    It's not even about how strong he is in the comics. It's about making a fun 'balanced' game.

They've already stated the have to adjust characters to make it fair. Hulk vs hawkeye was the example given.

Regen
    Dispelling
    Power drain
    And nuts damage

Low stats
    Low damage
    Awkward bleed generation

All champs are designed from a perspective of using them in story quests, not arenas or AQ or AW.

some champs have easy mechanics, others have much harder mechanics.

GP is easy to use, carnage is not, but both if played correctly have a place.

Not every champ can be balanced.
  • Options
    Noobeeus wrote: »

Regen
    Dispelling
    Power drain
    And nuts damage

Low stats
    Low damage
    Awkward bleed generation

All champs are designed from a perspective of using them in story quests, not arenas or AQ or AW.

some champs have easy mechanics, others have much harder mechanics.

GP is easy to use, carnage is not, but both if played correctly have a place.

Not every champ can be balanced.

Where's carnages place?
  • Options
    Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    This is getting off topic. I really didn't want others to chime in. The question was directed towards a Kabam employee. Although, I do like it when people like @wray1976 chime in and don't know what they're talking about.

This is a forum?? Not sure if you're familiar with how they work but people post an idea/thought/question and other people from the community comment and contribute to that particular topic, if you have something that you want to address or direct to a kabam employee send in a ticket

• Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Why wouldn't GP be better than anyone else ?

It makes perfect sense, cause she is outside of this universe, in her comics she doesn't have skills, or training in military use, yet she performs better than other heroes because she has the power of the writer alongside her.

Why wouldn't she have the power of something stronger in the game too ?

Comic related GP being incredibly strong is totally legit, she is the perfect exemple of the writer decide who wins a fight. GP could legitimately kill all of the Marvel Universe
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★

Phoenix bad ??? You mean the character that can get her sp3 within 5 hits, and deals about 40k damages (4*R4) each 50 secondes of fight if well played ?

• Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Phoenix is actually very strong and has a better revive mechanic than any other hero currently in the game. She has to manage her abilities though so she's not a good defender.

Carnage on the other hand just needs a buff to his bleeds. Everything else about him is actually good. He just doesn't get his bleeds reliably enough to be a high damage output champion for someone who is supposed to be stacking damage buffs.

As others have pointed out Gwenpoole is an entirely unrelated champion, and I've never actually checked out her story either so can't comment on that.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Why do people not even GOOGLE Gwen Poole and relentlessly bash Phoenix

Gwen Poole was originally a variant cover mix of Gwen Stacy from an alternate universe where she was spider woman and peter Parker was lizard
    A Spider-Man event later and she and Miles are stuck

Gwen POOLE however is actually a person from a world similar to ours with the Marvel Comics being just comics howver she miraculously and mysteriously ends up in a comic book (originally as an extra in Howard the Duck before getting a pretty good series of her own).

She is a very well read Marvel fan who is trying to stay as relevant as possible as in her eyes
    "If you aren't a title character you are cannon fodder and liable to end up dead"
    (Paraphrasing of course)

She starts as a mercenary for MODOK and then goes on various adventures and should have a team up with Miles Morales soon enough

And Phoenix bad in MCOC?! She's literally COSMIC GWENPOOL! The only reason she's frail is because her incinerates are OP! VooDoo is a stick holding a stick but no one says HE is weak
  • Options

Regen
    Dispelling
    Power drain
    And nuts damage

Low stats
    Low damage
    Awkward bleed generation

This is exactly correct. There has to be balance, otherwise the game isn't fun. If it's so unbalanced that Hawkeye can obliterate Hulk, which he currently can, people get confused. If there are going to be champs who, realistically, would stand no chance against unbeatable mercenaries and green, hulking monsters, then the game has to have a relative range of usefulness.
  • Options
    furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    I think you need to know how to use Phoenix. And I think she needs more defense. After all, she is one of the few who are ACTUAL GODS!
  • Options
    TKal wrote: »
    Phoenix bad ??? You mean the character that can get her sp3 within 5 hits, and deals about 40k damages (4*R4) each 50 secondes of fight if well played ?

No I mean the character that gets hit by one combo and dies. If she didn't lose all her Phx force charges from overload I think she would be a lot better but that's just my opinion. Which is ok to have right @Jimbojames23 ?

She's underrated, but I really wish her Overload would drain her Fury buffs faster so you could regain those Phoenix charges.