**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Calm Down with the Unit Store, Kabam. Please.

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
Lately, Unit Store deals are pouring into the game rapidly. 4 star crystals, Daily Cards, and now Catalysts. This needs to stop. These items are some of the hardest in the game to get. By making them available for purchase, you allow all of those YouTubers, rich people, and spoiled rotten kids to skip over all the hard work of gaining and developing their characters. I'm all for in-game purchases that allow you to advance a bit faster than usual, especially in a free game. The company has to make money somehow, and that's a great way to do so. What I do have a problem with is when you allow everyone with a few more bucks than most people to skip over so much of the game so quickly. With all of these recent deals, many users who can afford these things have gotten an entire new r3 or r4 4 star just because they have beefier wallets than us. If deals are going to come up this often, they need to be very concentrated on a certain few resources. If deals are going to be very diverse, they need to be few and far between. You can't do both, otherwise people can get 90% of the resources they need to max out a character in the course of a week, which is not a fair rate to the rest of us. Pick one or the other, Kabam. Either make people work for the resources that aren't in the store, or make them wait for the resources they need to show up in the store so that they'll be kept at least somewhat down to earth with how fast they progress. Anyone agree or disagree?
-CrusherOfDreams

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    I just want that offer with 2/3 T4 basic cat's for 900 units to show up again ...
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I like the T4C deal from yesterday. you only get to pick one class, so it doesn't put people buying it "too far" ahead. The other offers have been weak, so I'm not sure people are getting ahead there either.

I am 5000 T4C cosmic shards from an R4 5 star Drax now thanks to yesterday's deal, so maybe that proves your point. Lol.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I just want that offer with 2/3 T4 basic cat's for 900 units to show up again ...

Things like that are fine since they can be earned in-game. It's the hundreds of offers Kabam is throwing out there for real money that bother me.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    netmarble is a publicly traded company now so I would expect this to be the norm going forward. Investors want to see stable revenue streams and the best way to achieve that is daily offers.
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I like the T4C deal from yesterday. you only get to pick one class, so it doesn't put people buying it "too far" ahead. The other offers have been weak, so I'm not sure people are getting ahead there either.

I am 5000 T4C cosmic shards from an R4 5 star Drax now thanks to yesterday's deal, so maybe that proves your point. Lol.

Yes, it does prove my point. I'm not mad at you for taking advantage of that deal, I'm mad that it was offered. Not all of us can afford to drop real money on virtual things. What we can do is spend some free time on it. Kabam needs to scale it down a bit.
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    netmarble is a publicly traded company now so I would expect this to be the norm going forward. Investors want to see stable revenue streams and the best way to achieve that is daily offers.

If they want revenue, they should work on making quality updates to their games, not giving big spenders huge advantages.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

If they want revenue, they should work on making quality updates to their games, not giving big spenders huge advantages.

I don't disagree but we are talking 2 separate issues. There is a difference between total revenue and revenue stability. It looks better to bring in your revenue evenly across each day rather than have huge spikes in revenue once a month or something like that.

I don't disagree but we are talking 2 separate issues. There is a difference between total revenue and revenue stability. It looks better to bring in your revenue evenly across each day rather than have huge spikes in revenue once a month or something like that.

Exactly my point. Making an insane offer for a high price for all of those big spenders out there gives you a nice jump for a day or two, but that's it. Kabam needs to not offer so many rare resources all at the same time. Honestly, they'll lose revenue if they continue down this road. The people who spend money every once in awhile for AQ, who are the source of the stable revenue, will quit when people are loading up on things that they had to work for just because Kabam went overboard on purchases.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I disagree, I think offers should keep coming. Its nice to have options.
    Draco2199 wrote: »

Not when they're coming out so fast. It's giving spenders a huge advantage that they shouldn't have in a game like this where time is everything.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Offers are offers! Kabam needs money, if u dont want to spend stop complaining and just dont spend!
  • Nightwing2380Nightwing2380 Posts: 66

Yeah give kabam your money. It has too many bugs to even work correct when you fight. But yeah keep giving them your money.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Offers are offers! Kabam needs money, if u dont want to spend stop complaining and just dont spend!

I'm not spending. That's the whole point. Those who do spend are beginning to have larger and larger advantages. They should have an advantage, but not by as much as they are getting right now.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107

Not when they're coming out so fast. It's giving spenders a huge advantage that they shouldn't have in a game like this where time is everything.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what game you've been playing. Time is NOT everything. This game has always been about transactions. It's why we have master event quest with giant maps and stupid nodes. It's why we have AW and AQ and each new champ is (usually) better than the next. If you were playing with time only, good for you, but those who have been willing to pay for energy refills, stamina refills, pots and revives, boosts, rank-up items are so far ahead of you it's not worth worrying about.
    abn86 wrote: »

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what game you've been playing. Time is NOT everything. This game has always been about transactions. It's why we have master event quest with giant maps and stupid nodes. It's why we have AW and AQ and each new champ is (usually) better than the next. If you were playing with time only, good for you, but those who have been willing to pay for energy refills, stamina refills, pots and revives, boosts, rank-up items are so far ahead of you it's not worth worrying about.

EXACTLY! You're proving my point! This game, like most, is all about the time you put in. Purchases shorten the time required to get you somewhere. Energy refill and revive offers are fine, but when you start making the most rare items in the game all available within the course of two weeks, it's not fair to those who have the game for fun.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Lately, Unit Store deals are pouring into the game rapidly. 4 star crystals, Daily Cards, and now Catalysts. This needs to stop. These items are some of the hardest in the game to get. By making them available for purchase, you allow all of those YouTubers, rich people, and spoiled rotten kids to skip over all the hard work of gaining and developing their characters. I'm all for in-game purchases that allow you to advance a bit faster than usual, especially in a free game. The company has to make money somehow, and that's a great way to do so. What I do have a problem with is when you allow everyone with a few more bucks than most people to skip over so much of the game so quickly. With all of these recent deals, many users who can afford these things have gotten an entire new r3 or r4 4 star just because they have beefier wallets than us. If deals are going to come up this often, they need to be very concentrated on a certain few resources. If deals are going to be very diverse, they need to be few and far between. You can't do both, otherwise people can get 90% of the resources they need to max out a character in the course of a week, which is not a fair rate to the rest of us. Pick one or the other, Kabam. Either make people work for the resources that aren't in the store, or make them wait for the resources they need to show up in the store so that they'll be kept at least somewhat down to earth with how fast they progress. Anyone agree or disagree?
    -CrusherOfDreams

This is a freemium game. The entire business model is built around the idea that players can either play for free over a long period of time, or they can pay to get ahead. I'm not sure why you think fairness has anything to do with it. I'm basically a free player, and I have no problem with expensive offers that allow others to get ahead. If they want to spend that money, more power to them. That's how the game is designed.
    spumington wrote: »
    -CrusherOfDreams

This is a freemium game. The entire business model is built around the idea that players can either play for free over a long period of time, or they can pay to get ahead. I'm not sure why you think fairness has anything to do with it. I'm basically a free player, and I have no problem with expensive offers that allow others to get ahead. If they want to spend that money, more power to them. That's how the game is designed.

The game should be somewhat balanced. We have to compete with those players in arenas and alliances, otherwise I wouldn't care.
    -CrusherOfDreams

The game should be somewhat balanced. We have to compete with those players in arenas and alliances, otherwise I wouldn't care.

Kabam wants you to spend to compete with those players. Again, that's their business model. You can choose to spend or not. I don't spend, and I'm in a top 600 alliance. I guess if I wanted to be at the very top of the game, I'd probably have to spend.
    -CrusherOfDreams

Kabam wants you to spend to compete with those players. Again, that's their business model. You can choose to spend or not. I don't spend, and I'm in a top 600 alliance. I guess if I wanted to be at the very top of the game, I'd probably have to spend.

I'm not saying that free players should be at the top, but the top shouldn't be so distanced from the rest of us.
    -CrusherOfDreams

I'm not saying that free players should be at the top, but the top shouldn't be so distanced from the rest of us.

That's the game we're playing. If you want a fair and level playing field, you shouldn't be playing a freemium game.
    -CrusherOfDreams

That's the game we're playing. If you want a fair and level playing field, you shouldn't be playing a freemium game.

I don't want it to be exactly fair, but it shouldn't be a landslide. Right now, it's fine, but it's heading down a bad path with these recent offers.
    -CrusherOfDreams

I don't want it to be exactly fair, but it shouldn't be a landslide. Right now, it's fine, but it's heading down a bad path with these recent offers.

The game is gearing up for a transition to 5* champs. The deals were for 4* champs. I don't think it gives the upper tier players any kind of advantage, honestly. They're more interested in 5* champs right now, and they have been for a while. This is more geared towards people that are in the middle tier that have had a problem getting their champs to 5/50. I'm starting to fall into the 5* camp as well. I don't know if I would have bought those offers even if I was a spender.
    -CrusherOfDreams

The game is gearing up for a transition to 5* champs. The deals were for 4* champs. I don't think it gives the upper tier players any kind of advantage, honestly. They're more interested in 5* champs right now, and they have been for a while. This is more geared towards people that are in the middle tier that have had a problem getting their champs to 5/50. I'm starting to fall into the 5* camp as well. I don't know if I would have bought those offers even if I was a spender.

I get that. I'm more concerned about the people who skip over the steps of trying to earn and level up 4 stars.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    I personally would like to thank Kabam for all the offers and all the players that bought them. It benefits the free players in several ways.

1. It pays for the free game I want to play!
    2. I get a chuckle every time I think about someone wasting money on a broken game, knowing a new nerf is coming to reset their need to buy the ability to advance again.
    3. I love reading people whine about things not being fair. Rich people don't have to work as hard as poor people. Nothing is fair, NOTHING!

and just for context, pre-12.0 I was a big spender on this game. Now, I am a free player. I don't trust you Kabam/NetMarble.
    Lurker wrote: »
    I personally would like to thank Kabam for all the offers and all the players that bought them. It benefits the free players in several ways.

2. I get a chuckle every time I think about someone wasting money on a broken game, knowing a new nerf is coming to reset their need to buy the ability to advance again.
    3. I love reading people whine about things not being fair. Rich people don't have to work as hard as poor people. Nothing is fair, NOTHING!

and just for context, pre-12.0 I was a big spender on this game. Now, I am a free player. I don't trust you Kabam/NetMarble.

I'm not whining. I'm saying that if they want to keep a large portion of their fan base, this is a bad way to go.
  • PlumPlum Posts: 5
    Lurker wrote: »

I'm not whining. I'm saying that if they want to keep a large portion of their fan base, this is a bad way to go.

• PlumPlum Posts: 5
    If your not rich then I would suggest getting new parents to sponge off of or maybe getting of the couch of your parents house and get a real job as in a career not working in fast food this game is not free to put out from the company it cost them money for you to freebie it . It has many bugs that are irritating and need immediate attention . Quit complaining you couldn't keep up with the truly skilled players if there were no deals to buy
    Plum wrote: »
    If your not rich then I would suggest getting new parents to sponge off of or maybe getting of the couch of your parents house and get a real job as in a career not working in fast food this game is not free to put out from the company it cost them money for you to freebie it . It has many bugs that are irritating and need immediate attention . Quit complaining you couldn't keep up with the truly skilled players if there were no deals to buy

You know nothing about me, yet you're saying that I'm not skilled. That's an insult with no evidence. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at the game. Not one of the best, but I'm pretty good. You can't insult someone based on something you don't know. It's like me saying that you're bad at math. There's no way for me to know that. It's a baseless attack that in no way relates to the conversation.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★

I'm not spending. That's the whole point. Those who do spend are beginning to have larger and larger advantages. They should have an advantage, but not by as much as they are getting right now.

Wait....people that spend shouldn't get a large advantage over people that cost this free game money? LOL yeah you're right you don't contribute so you should get nearly the same. Thanks for the laugh.
    edited May 2017

Wait....people that spend shouldn't get a large advantage over people that cost this free game money? LOL yeah you're right you don't contribute so you should get nearly the same. Thanks for the laugh.

An advantage, yes. But not to the point that they get to skip over all of the hard work that most users have to do. I'm fine with how things are right now, but Kabam has started offering tons of deals that are unfair to those who don't buy things.