**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Designated playing, good idea?

IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
2yo8oh0pzl3w.png

I saw this and had an idea. How about "designated playing"? An in game option where another player IN THE SAME ALLIANCE would be able to log into an alliance mates account to run aq or aw when they are on vacation or just need a night of. How it would work is the player A would go in game and send something like an invite to player B in their alliance, that invite would be accepted and it would allow player B to log in and play player As account for 30 minutes in 3 segments of 8 hour sections of the day.

For example, from 4am to 12pm you can play for one half hour either at the beginning or end of the 8 hours and then it would be another half hour in the next segment of hours between 12 pm and 8 pm but with the requirement that you are logged out of that account at the end of every 8 hour segment wether you have used the whole 30 minutes or not.

To prevent abuse , the "invitation" and acceptance of the "invitation" must be set up and completed at least 5 days in advance of the "designated player" date. The game would have to record the device identity of both players to ensure that they are the owners of those accounts.

You could have a tab that allows you to switch to the account that you are "designated" for. To further ensure that this is only used for aw and aq, when you switch to the "designated profile" your in game options change to be able to only access the AQ and aw game modes.

I thinking set up properly this could be an excellent compromise and, once the bugs are worked out, easily enforceable so we don't have those sticky situations and only the people trying to game the system would be able to really complain anymore.

Designated playing, good idea? 58 votes

Great idea
31%
VeggettaMrLalowcAncAmOdabcity574Palito_DiazBlackSaChiusername7312M1k0rinBaeyensJackbrooks2580NamelezLoken4000Mitchell35crystaldsmithAPTbOMbladingpanda42LegendJRGSleeperSell 18 votes
This is dumb
62%
Crine60VoluntarisSolswerdDimples800Darkstar4387FrostyDeadbyrd9DropfaithAxeCopFirebuffajrAppleisgodSpeedbumpIrohrbeyonder8421Hoshii74Mirage_TurtleKillakerrySixshot1GrimmbananaMenkent 36 votes
I like where your going what about _________
3%
winterthurAnonymous346 2 votes
Way to long, get a life dude!
3%
FhfjghhggggjfhfjgXxOriginalxX 2 votes

Comments

• beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    This is dumb
    I have been in alliances where players were not allowed to play by themselves in AQ/AW. So this feature would allow that.
    It would also make things unfair if bad players stop playing all of a sudden.

I understand why you would suggest this, but sadly Kabam is right in this one. If you need to step down from the alliance to go on holidays, or not participate in an event, that is the right thing to do to keep the competition clean.

The only reason you would suggest this is because there is piloting in the big alliances, and it forces everyone to pilot (or lose points, which is a very common option many alliances accept).

So the problem is not that you cannot log in with another account, the problem is that people are already abusing this.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Someone else proposed allowing alliances a few extra roster spots to accommodate for real life necessities. Let the alliance hold 32 people and keep AQ and AW as is. This would keep alliances from feeling pressured to pilot when real life interferes with the availability of 1 or 2 members. Everyone would still be running their own accounts and people would feel less burnout if they could step away once in a while.

This still seems like the best option to me.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    This is dumb
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    Someone else proposed allowing alliances a few extra roster spots to accommodate for real life necessities. Let the alliance hold 32 people and keep AQ and AW as is. This would keep alliances from feeling pressured to pilot when real life interferes with the availability of 1 or 2 members. Everyone would still be running their own accounts and people would feel less burnout if they could step away once in a while.

Only if those subs get the rewards for not playing.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »

Only if those subs get the rewards for not playing.

I agree. They shouldn’t be penalized for being on the bench.
  • DarkQuakeDarkQuake Posts: 74
    This is dumb
    If an alliance memeber on vacation then let them have their fun time and just run 2 aw and aq maps. When there back keep doing 3. You could complete AW with only 9 people if you needed to.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Great idea
    I don't see the problem with getting a LITTLE help if you need it. For me, long flights, conventions, on onsite trainings can tie me up. It would be a lot of help to occasionally have help moving. Vacations happen, emergencies happen.

With that said, too many people will abuse piloting, therefore I completely understand why Kabam is so strident about punishment for it.

At the end of the day, if my career requires me to stop playing, or be unable to be as active as my Alliance needs, that's my responsibility.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    I like where your going what about _________
    Iksdjvan wrote: »

once the bugs are worked out,
    The bugs will never be worked out

Also, there would have to be something to stop them from accessing the champions or inventory or the store
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Way to long, get a life dude!
    Just, sadly, they’ve made it clear this isn’t happening.
  • Jebus82Jebus82 Posts: 2
    I like this idea. My kids always want to play but I'm concerned they will play my AW or AQ. It would be nice to be able to make those parts isolatable
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Isn’t that piloting?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'm not keen on how the responses are worded, so I'm just going to say I'm not for that. Lol.
  • CrisprCrispr Posts: 17
    Lol