**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Specials No Longer Combo After 5 Hits - Please Add to Known Bugs [Under Investigation]

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
edited May 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Ever since 12.0 many champions special attacks will no longer combo after doing 5 hits on the enemy. All of these specials used to be able to combo after 5 hits and in fact you guys had even updated a ton of supers so that they would be fast enough to combo in patches just before 12.0.

Examples: Yellow Jacket S1, Jane Thor S1, Iron Man S2

To test this bug simply choose a high level opponent such as those found in master mode or fight 20+ in arena and use the standard MLLLM combo and activate the bugged special as fast as you can to try to combo it after the last medium.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Yes it doesn't work now. But i think Kabam is more busy launching sub-featured crystal and won't take this seriously.
  • 4thYellowFlash4thYellowFlash Posts: 28
    I've been playing for a good while (+2 years) & ive seen a lot happen to the game. With that said: running a 5Hit combo into a Special attack was a great way to create great Damage & win battles very fast. After 12.0 over seen the AI put up a block & sometimes a Parry (while getting hit) as soon as I swing for my Special Attack. I don't know why or how the AI can do that when we can't. Is there a reason why this is happening? I've seen it happen more in Act5. In Act5 we have to deal with New Map Global Nodes & some of these Nodes makes us gamers try to end the fight a lot faster because we are Degenrating HP. Can someone give us some info on why this is happening? Thank you.
  • MilienM5MilienM5 Posts: 11
    This is a random unknown revenue generation feature aka bugs, and is working as intended.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Can't say I have noticed, I usually do a 4 hit combo and then a special attack. Only for champs who can unleash their special attack very fast, I'll use a 5 hit combo.

It also kind of matters on who I'm going against. If I'm fighting Storm for instance, I won't do a 5 hit combo then special because she recovers quite quickly

• Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    It has to do with the insanely fast recovery speed the AI has now. Like the way it can do a full combo while you're blocking and instantly evade or block. Or the way it can do a heavy and block and parry you before the animation is complete.

They gave the AI the ability to do certain things you can't do. Like adding length to a special's range and sliding forward while using heavies
  • HurricaneWarningHurricaneWarning Posts: 22
    Exactly that doc! A far different game than mere months ago. Add in evade issues, and well, it is different.
  • TigerhalseyTigerhalsey Posts: 19
    #boycottmcoc
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Weekday reminder
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP, sorry that you're still seeing these issues when trying to combo into a Special. We're looking into this currently, and are hoping to have improvements ready for the next release.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    It's a pretty widespread problem, it's all combos being affected sometimes not just a five hit one and it's mainly because the AI reacts so fast.

5-50+ hit combos and trying to find them with special only to have ai block a chunk of the specials, combos then power hit then special and AI blocks it even after getting hit by power hit.

There's a lot of bugs to fix, and I hope this is addressed
  • FizicystFizicyst Posts: 43
    If you want to reproduce this bug easily, try this one:
    Master level quest 2.1 "I Was Groot"
    Use Iron Man to fight Drax and try to do a MLLL combo followed by a L2 special. It will get blocked 100% of the time.