**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do people leave the game? Bugs? Whale wars? Uptime messing with maintenance or...

I’m curious as I see many people leaving and aside from real life getting very real so having to leave what drives people away. For me too just had my moment and it is the way RNG (ahem if you are a conspiracy theorist) can screw up a lot of time effort and chore. I stepped back from war and AQ to finally get on with story and was driving hard over weeks to get 5.3 done. I won’t pay for energy refills as a matter of principle so it takes this long. Really looking forward to the awakening gem as I literally want every class except mutant as have some great champs like blade, hype, Gulk, Mephisto, SL but unduped and want the extra. What do I get... you guessed it. Mutant. Literally no champsni can use it on as either duped already (storm) or not good enough (beast gambit NC). Guess my luck with crystals and I know that it was one in six but all that effort for pointlessness pushes people away; especially when you are drilling through the bugs and lag just to get there. Just wondered what the main issues you have seen driving others away..... as for me, this was my epiphany. I won’t be missed, the game will carry on until the whales find the next thing but be mindful of the work may come to nowt !

Comments

• Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I’m sitting on a cosmic and skill awakening stone.
    Both from act 5.
    Neither useful at all at this point as the champs I’d use them on are awakened already through normal duping.

It’s just how that is I’m afraid. They’re not eating bread at least..
  • Options
    MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    edited August 2018
    Think it's a mixture of every thing. I have people In alliance that are fed up with all the down time. Some at the garbage they are pulling. I had a 3 month break when sentinals came in. And also because I got sick of EQs needing specific champs. Skill out the window.
  • Options
    Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    Everyone suffers from bad RNG. I conpleted 5.3 over 5 months ago, got a tech gem of which I had no champs to use it on (Ultron/Vulture), I would’ve taken any class but tech at the time. 5 months passed I haven’t pulled another tech 5 star still. My pulls have been: Ronan, Cable x2, Cap America, SpiderGwen, Storm, Venom, Magneto, SIM, Cyclops, and Venompool. I’m in a position where I have no champs to rank up, and it has halted my progression massively. I have 4 champs at 4/55 and none are duped, so I’m hoping 5.4 gives me the gem I need, again, any but tech. It surprises me not that Kabam refuse to give me a tech champion. The longer they choose not to, the more evidence I have against them to show Apple, so it’s okay. Let them continue doing what they are doing.
  • Options
    iDazzaaaiDazzaaa Posts: 27
    Bad RNG, it’s a thing

My first 5* awakening gem from LOL was a science, the next three gems I’ve had have all been Tech.

A friend also got a cosmic for LOL then has had three science in a row.

Remember it could always be worse lol
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    Kamr05 wrote: »
    Everyone suffers from bad RNG. I conpleted 5.3 over 5 months ago, got a tech gem of which I had no champs to use it on (Ultron/Vulture), I would’ve taken any class but tech at the time. 5 months passed I haven’t pulled another tech 5 star still. My pulls have been: Ronan, Cable x2, Cap America, SpiderGwen, Storm, Venom, Magneto, SIM, Cyclops, and Venompool. I’m in a position where I have no champs to rank up, and it has halted my progression massively. I have 4 champs at 4/55 and none are duped, so I’m hoping 5.4 gives me the gem I need, again, any but tech. It surprises me not that Kabam refuse to give me a tech champion. The longer they choose not to, the more evidence I have against them to show Apple, so it’s okay. Let them continue doing what they are doing.

Evidence of what, exactly?
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Same here, I explored Act 5 100% and got a science gem and my 5* pulls were Iron Man and dupe Storm. Totally deflating after all the effort.

It is hard when you see level 40 players with 5* AA’s and Blades etc.

It’s funny, because if you were starting this game from scratch you would think that the idea of making pulls totally random would risk alienating spenders, and I wonder sometimes how many people have walked away from the game that would have spent in later content because they were pulling horrible champs.

Just my two cents worth.
  • Options
    EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    I think it has to do with the improvement to rewards for the individual activities of the game (uc eq and 6* arena). Even though the top alliances can get better rewards in aw season and aq, at the lower levels the rewards still aren’t that much better. That makes the game even more top heavy over time and harder to keep players interested. It’s more beneficial to focus on individual events now than the alliance side but that is probably cyclical and could change back.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    One little acknowledged reason for leaving is the time/stress from wanting to be competitive, then being over it. As some minor issues pile up, a lot of my friends have also had major milestones or major roadblocks in their lives. This game is addicting, including for me. I can't do this game half-ass. I have to whole-ass it. If something came up in my life, I would almost rather put the game aside for awhile instead of playing relaxed. The competitiveness is what is fun for me.

As far as my friends go, the minor things pile up, and they decide its not worth the balancing of the game and other responsibilities, but its usually one big thing in their lives make them reevaluate and decide to put it down for good.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I am planning on leaving at the end of this month. Multiple reasons. I had to stop joining alliances as AQ and AW were messing with my life and sleep.
    The past month was horrible and really drained me seeing how the "team" treats the users. I don't feel like this game is safe anymore.
    And finally, with the latest version, i started having lagging and freezing. Had this problem with other devices, but it means ipad 4 mini is no longer optimal for this game. Not gonna buy a new device for a game that treats me like garbage. So that's it for now. It's been almost four years, it was fun, but it really stopped being fun this year.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Honestly, a mutant gem isn't that bad... I got a mutant gem when I ran a path in LOL and I promptly sat on it for 5-6 months because all I had were garbage mutants. Eventually, however, I pulled 5* AA and was able to awaken him and take his sig level way up. My advice... Don't give up wait for that champ that will make that mutant gem worth your time (There are quite a few good mutants). I am currently also sitting on a 5* Science gem, a 5* Skill gem, and a 5* Generic gem. I also have a skill 5* r3-r4 gem and a science r2-r3 gem. I am going to keep waiting until finally I pull the champions I need to use them on and I highly recommend you do the same. It will be worth it in the long run.
  • Options
    I am planning on leaving at the end of this month. Multiple reasons. I had to stop joining alliances as AQ and AW were messing with my life and sleep.
    The past month was horrible and really drained me seeing how the "team" treats the users. I don't feel like this game is safe anymore.
    And finally, with the latest version, i started having lagging and freezing. Had this problem with other devices, but it means ipad 4 mini is no longer optimal for this game. Not gonna buy a new device for a game that treats me like garbage. So that's it for now. It's been almost four years, it was fun, but it really stopped being fun this year.

The game is hurting your sleep and your life, it doesn't feel safe to play, you feel like you're being treated like garbage, and you aren't having any fun, and because of this you've decided to quit playing the game in four weeks? What possible reason could you have for continuing to play? Why subject yourself to that for even one more day? I wouldn't.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Let’s see

1. Bugs
    2. Bugs
    3. Slow progress
    4. Unattainable champs that you want
    5. Worst support in industry
    6. Way too expensive $10 for one 300 unit crystals
    7. Did I mention bugs
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

The game is hurting your sleep and your life, it doesn't feel safe to play, you feel like you're being treated like garbage, and you aren't having any fun, and because of this you've decided to quit playing the game in four weeks? What possible reason could you have for continuing to play? Why subject yourself to that for even one more day? I wouldn't.

Well, i am intrigued by the gwenpool quest. I can do that this month. Doesn't seem like lagging will be too problematic.
    I am not in AQ and AW or in alliances, so the time/sleep problems are not in the present.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Well, i am intrigued by the gwenpool quest. I can do that this month. Doesn't seem like lagging will be too problematic.
    I am not in AQ and AW or in alliances, so the time/sleep problems are not in the present.

I'm pretty sure you can do that in your sleep. Word is that difficulty isn't going to go up by any significant amount during the month, so lag would have to be pretty severe to fail to complete it. It is pretty good rewards for moderate energy and no effort, but I would think those rewards would be irrelevant to someone planning on leaving the game behind.
  • Options
    GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    the game feels dead even more with every update...but hey who cares i play dead games all the time!!
  • Options
    ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    edited August 2018
    It’s the same thing with t4 cc. The ones you are overflowing on and Don’t need are the ones you always get. All I ever get is tech and skill but I have no one to use them on. Had 5 skill expire last month because I had no one good to use them on and didn’t want to put the gold into a bad champ. And don’t even get me started about the gold issue.
  • Options
    RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Combo of things. I think the biggest thing is the time commitment it takes though.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Two words -

Nagging Wife

She will find other things to nag about, rest assured.